What if? A tornadoe hit Lake Buena Vista?

llrain

Original Poster
With the tornado warnings today in the Orlando area one wonders how long do you think it would take to rebuild if one or more of the 4 parks were hit?

Or even a resort, or DTD.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There would be damage for sure if a tornado was to score a direct hit on one of the parks but it is highly doubtful that you would see the utter devastation that is common in tornado alley. The vast majority of tornadoes that happen in Florida are between F0 and F1 and the buildings are designed to withstand those forces. The majority of the damage you would see would be cosmetic. It would take an F2 or greater before you would start to see any serious structural damage.

PhilharMagician

Well I was just joking.

I cannot imagine that any of the WDW structure were built to the siesmic requirements of the West coast, but they have however been constructed to withstand hurricane force winds. Damage is all dependant on the magnitude of the quake.

BeachClubNut

Well I was just joking.

I cannot imagine that any of the WDW structure were built to the siesmic requirements of the West coast, but they have however been constructed to withstand hurricane force winds. Damage is all dependant on the magnitude of the quake.

You mean the Castle isnt a fallout shelter? Boy that certainly is not Magical......:brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So if there was a blizzard, when the snow melts the Magic Kingdom tunnels would flood?
I mean no one asked what would happen if there was a blizzard......:drevil:
Man you guys really need to bone up on your WDW engineering. All of the parks are on hydraulics. In the event of a flood caused by run off from a melting blizzard they just raise the whole place up about 20'.

BeachClubNut

Man you guys really need to bone up on your WDW engineering. All of the parks are on hydraulics. In the event of a flood caused by run off from a melting blizzard they just raise the whole place up about 20'.
man your right, I also forgot that they could close the glass roof....

DocMcHulk

On a slightly more serious note, what would they do to guests if a Tornado warning is issued, or even worse, if there was one headed towards a park

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
On a slightly more serious note, what would they do to guests if a Tornado warning is issued, or even worse, if there was one headed towards a park
A number of the buildings in each park are designated as storm shelters. If there was a tornado warning issued CM's direct guests towards those shelters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom