What I'd like to see done with Epcot...

BTDis

Original Poster
Here's my wishlist for Epcot.

1. Soarin Over The Land, a variation of DCA's Soarin Over California. Would bring a good E-ticket to the east side of Epcot at the Land pavillion.

2. Stormrider from DisneySea in between the Land and the Living Seas.

3. A water/raft ride at a World Showcase pavillion. Maybe Canada? China?

4. A mountain ride or some type of rollercoaster in one of the World Showcase pavillions.

5. Redo of the base at Spaceship Earth to make it look modern again.

6. Maybe Journeys of Sinbad ride in Morocco

Epcot just needs some new rides. Importing some favorites from other parks that are already in the Disney arsenal only makes sense. Now what I'd really like to see is that CAVE 3D world technology integrated with Imagination. Anyone else got any ideas for salvation?

wdwcrazy

1. Soarin Over The Land, a variation of DCA's Soarin Over California. Would bring a good E-ticket to the east side of Epcot at the Land pavillion.

Probably would fit better in a country, probably Japan.

2. Stormrider from DisneySea in between the Land and the Living Seas.

Or possibly an adition to the Living Seas. It would help bring more people to the Living Seas.

7. A new country added to World Showcase.

RobVanDam

Originally posted by BTDis
Here's my wishlist for Epcot.

5. Redo of the base at Spaceship Earth to make it look modern again.

one quick tiny question...

Why redo spaceship earth.... why why .. it looks good the way it is now .. let it be .... leave the base alone .. please.. thats all im asking...

=-RVD-=

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I agree...if they keep re-doing SE every couple years, it's gonna be in constant rehab.

I'm fine with the base now....let it be :)

mickeyfanatics

EPCOT has always been about redoing attractions because of the nature of the park. They need to keep up with technology. However, I would love to see them update some of the older rides, but do not destroy them. EPCOT has not gotten a new attraction that was not a replacement since 1989. Everything else has been a replacement. Adding some attractions to the existing countries is good. Adding stormrider as a weather pavilion between land and sea is good. Adding new countries is good. Maybe make it Soarin over Canada, that film is kind of outdated. Please, stop destroying old to make new when you have plenty of room. (or used to before you build MGM and a road on top of EPCOT.)

BalooChicago

I'm afraid I have to agree with the idea of redoing the base of SE. The Geosphere itself continues as a Modern and futuristic park icon, but the support structure and support buildings are woefully dated. As the Icon of Epcot a well thought out and modern rennovation to the base, including a redesign to the entry sequence of the park (bury the graveyard somehow) would set the tone for the entire park. In architecture circles it is usually an insult to call a work disneyesque. With Misson Space this may all change, MS is not only Modern visually (And stunning in person) but also innovative in form, much like SE was 20 years ago. If such a thoughtful and current rennovation could be had I would be all for it. If, on the otherhand, the rennovation involved gluing on buck-rogers looking fiberglass and a coat of paint I would be as against it as the next guy.

Katherine

I think that they should hold out on redoing the base until they get some new rides up and running. I really think they should be focusing more on the rides and not the base of one. I think they general public doesn't need a new base for SE but they do want some new rides. I really like the ideas for WS.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
More concession stands, pin outlets and hows about a meet n greet. They could use that big ball thing that everyone seems so keen to "update".

And get rid of that poxy Figment thing.

DDPGambit

Originally posted by happy snapper
More concession stands, pin outlets and hows about a meet n greet. They could use that big ball thing that everyone seems so keen to "update".

And get rid of that poxy Figment thing.

Your joking right?

ifiowneddisney

My Epcot wish list

Hi guys, Love this Web site!:sohappy:

Obviously if money were no object I could go on forever with what can be done at Epcot, My favorite Park (Even over Disney seas.) I would like to see some of the elements of Disney Seas implimented in Epcot and if Disney does go for a fifth park, come up with something new. My idea is Disney Ancient Wonders. A Tribute to the fanciful and awe inspiring stuctures of the past, starting with the Seven wonders of the World! But back to the point. If they have $300 million to spend this is where I see the money best spent.

1. Update those Monorail stations. Tokyo's Monorails make DW's look sick and Disneyland's look dead. Some escalators and some automatic gates so the Monorail guys don't look so tired of opening them would be a huge improvement.

2. Hate to waste the money but those huge rock structures at the entrance do nothing for the Park. I thought the entrance is supposed to welcome the guests into the future not fight them off with a fortress of rocks. What were they thinking?:confused:

3. UoE, Space, & TT are fine but Wonders of Life could use a minor rehab. I'm thinking some waterfalls in the front (water is life after all!)and a refresh in side.

4.The building in between Future World and WS (I think it used to be a resaurant) has that beautiful 80's modern look. Why not make it a Museum of Past Epcot Attractions. The nature of Epcot is to change but a museum could give us die hards a chance to see exhiuibits from the past and give others a place to cool off on the way to WS. I could difinately see some exhibits from the sorely missed Horizons Exhibit. Also agreat place to sell Gallery style Epcot Souvenirs!

5. Mexico is a little dated but still so charming I think it's fine. I can't imageine the Norway pavillion encouraging people to visit the country (that oil rig seen at the end of Maelstrom is my worst nightmare!), but the ride and pavilion are fine. Same with China Germany, France and Britain. Italy is so grand though I think some exhibit celebrating the explorers of the Renaissance might be nice (ala Mediterrean Harbor in Disney Sea). I always seem to get to the back of Italy and think "Oh is that it!". USA seems sacred and is fine in my book. Love the show there.

6. Japan should take out the Museum and put in the Fuji Ride it had planned it would help to bring others to that side of the park. Morocco does need the Sinbad ride or some other boat ride. Doesn't have to be e-ticket, but as it is now, it's too menacing it needs something to liven it up. As far as the Canada goes, I think the raft ride is a marvelous idea.

7. The Land is quaint and fine in my book. Imagination is a Money pit I know, but the Aracade at the end needs something really fanciful. Colorful lights and smells and something better than the convention exhibit feel it has now. The Animation space in DCA would be a great model. More sensory feel is in need. Right Now it just seems loud and chaotic. The new ride is still not very charming. I just want the Scientist to shut up in that ride. Am I the only one who finds that actor annoying?

8. Real Money needs to be spent on Living Seas in order to Bring back this side of the park. It was like a graveyard. I'm thinking an underwater adventure, simulated of course, not like Windstormer in DisneySeas, but more like the 20,000 leagues, but less scary and brighter.

9. Finally I think the Buildings around Innoventions could use a spruce up. The umbrella restauant looks a little run down and the flags and signs could use a little makeover. Could all this be done for $300 mill? I think so.
Sorry for the long post. I just had to get those ideas off my chest. Hope some of you guys agree. with me:wave:

stingrock23

How can you say get rid of Figment. He was practically the symbol of Epcot. Figment should not go anywhere, and i'm sure most agree with me. I think you are crazy.

Also, that idea about a museum of past epcot attractions would be very cool. Have maybe old ride pieces, maybe old video, and cool retro Epcot merchandise featuring the old attractions. I think that could make some money.

westie

I really dig Soaring Over CA because of the smell factor. Like when you fly over the orange groves you can smell the oranges and when going over the mountains you can smell the pine but, What would Canada smell like??? Stale beer and back bacon?

Pumbas Nakasak

Originally posted by stingrock23
I think you are crazy.

And i think you are a dobber. However as it is unlikely you are qualified in psychiatric health your opinion is probably further off the mark than mine.

You should always remember that people that go fishing are not always looking for fish.:drevil:

Pumbas Nakasak

Originally posted by jmarc63

You dont even know whats its called. and no its not
Touchy touchy.. settle down now keep yer drawers on.

Actually I do, and if your mind was as sharp as your tongue youd realise that I was being facetious.

And statistically id say there was more chance of concession stands being added than rides.

I always thought this was a board that appreciated subtle humour, best stick to the Ellen type ( she is allegedlly funny, or so im told):zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom