What I Think Epcot Needs

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
(other than doing something with WOL)

I think Epcot needs to place an E-Ticket near the back of World Showcase! Jonnie and I were discussing the traffic flow of Epcot last night, and both agreed that the average first time guest to Epcot doesn't fully understand what WS is, and never takes the time to explore it. I know the first two times I went to Epcot, I went inside the Mexico pavillion and that was it. I didn't realize until I was on my first CP, that you could walk 'through' the countries. I thought what you saw was what there was, and never realized there was a little village in the UK or in France and Morocco!

If there were an E-Ticket in Japan and/or Italy, that would draw people through WS in masses! I am glad that Epcot has added M:S and Soarin', and I know they truly don't need another E-Ticket, but WS does need one in my opinion.

On that note, I hope that Spaceship Earth gets some help (as in new AA's and sound, and set designs... not a new ride) and Ellen's Energy adventure, because the park has three great thrilling rides, so now they need to focus on the rides for the 'family.'

General Grizz

Great ideas. I agree with a new E-Ticket WS attraction, and also

And I'm all for family attractions. Innovative (think 1982 Imagination ... yep, looks like we need to look to the past for this kind of original creativity :lol: ) attractions - oh, please no more Pixar :) - but SE can use some help (not interior demolition ;) ).

MichelleBelle

mkepcotmgmak said:
On that note, I hope that Spaceship Earth gets some help (as in new AA's and sound, and set designs... not a new ride) and Ellen's Energy adventure, because the park has three great thrilling rides, so now they need to focus on the rides for the 'family.'
Agreed on UOE... I found myself bored with the whole Ellen thing... it was funny at first, but the last time I was there I realized I didn't care for it very much. I like the actual ride-thru but the beginning movie seemed to drag on forever. Is it possible that they will update this any time soon?

I definately agree also that the WS needs something, if only to get more people to recognize everything that's actually there. I don't think it should be a boat ride since there's already a few of those in different pavillions, but it should get something...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
mkepcotmgmak said:
If there were an E-Ticket in Japan and/or Italy, that would draw people through WS in masses! I am glad that Epcot has added M:S and Soarin', and I know they truly don't need another E-Ticket, but WS does need one in my opinion.

On that note, I hope that Spaceship Earth gets some help (as in new AA's and sound, and set designs... not a new ride)'
well, the first idea i had when you said Italy was something with the rise and fall of the Roman empire. im not sure how you would incorporate this into an E-ticket and not make it into a 'Gladiator' style attraction straight from the movie, but something with the Colosseum in its glory days............ or a meatball factory. cant decide.

SSE should read SOS (Save Our Spaceship) :p

GoCubs

An "Around the World" ride would be fun. I know that is what the WS is for the most part, but a ride would be cool too. Perhaps something POTC style going through several "scenes".

Just thinking out loud here...

brich

Good ideas... but I wonder if an E-Ticket at the far end of WS will indeed get guests to stop between the entrance to WS and the ride. Will they just continue through WS with just that ride in their sights? I suppose they may stop at a few countries after their ride. For me, I enjoy WS as is. I don't need the rides because I enjoy their current substance, BUT, that's just me. :D
In any event, good ideas.... :)

rainfully

The main problem here is that i believe (corrrect me if I'm wrong) that each pavillion is sponsored by their own country. So if Italy wants an E-ticket, it has to be taken up with the actual country of Italy. I believe that's why, say, Morocco doesn't have an attraction... they couldn't afford one.

If that's all lies please tell me because that's the impression that I get.

brich

GoCubs said:
An "Around the World" ride would be fun. I know that is what the WS is for the most part, but a ride would be cool too. Perhaps something POTC style going through several "scenes". Just thinking out loud here...
Continuing your thoughts, if you don't mind, :animwink:
Wedway People Mover through the backs of the countries. Set up scenes and depictions of each culture that travels the length of the countries. Maybe have stations for loading and unloading at each country. Hmmmm :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As Grizz will agree :D World Showcase South would have had lots of attractions had things worked out. Not discussing lands that never were, you would have had two boat flow throughs (as mentioned above, PotC style) - one floating through Italy`s history, including the Collesium, and 2 E Ride mountains. We`re not the only ones who thought more attractions were needed.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
rainfully said:
The main problem here is that i believe (corrrect me if I'm wrong) that each pavillion is sponsored by their own country. So if Italy wants an E-ticket, it has to be taken up with the actual country of Italy. I believe that's why, say, Morocco doesn't have an attraction... they couldn't afford one.

hmmmm good question. im not sure. more interesting though, if the countries that are in WS are funded by themselves........ what department in the country government gets to handle that? what a fun job that could be......

dave2822

Does EPCOT have room for an e-ticket? Surely they have no room heading back, because you can already see countries from parts of the Boardwalk.

Where would they expand? Not trying to stop the blue sky session here, but I enjoy the World Showcase for what it is, it's one of the only relaxing, leisure areas in any of the parks.

One E-ticket would mean more merchandising areas, more congestion, and it's already not the widest of paths or areas to navigate around.

tazhughes

I've thought for a while that Canada needed a ride and then when Brother Bear came out it seemed a perfect fit to add a BB log flume ride. A mountain behind the pavilion would add to the skyline and I would love to see a water ride added to Epcot for those really hot days. Though I must admit I also wouldn't mind seeing this in AK as part of a North America land area.

I would love the Germany boat ride to be put in, but I doubt that will happen.

The number oen thing I think WS needs though is a new pavilion with a ride that will truly draw the crowds back there. It seems very logical to just place that where the Millenium Village was.

In FW WOL, use it or lose it no more seasonal operations. They need to either redo the pavilion or demolish it and let the imagineers loose on creating a new pavilion.

SSE, please update without losing the charm of the original (ala Imagination).

brich

tazhughes said:
I've thought for a while that Canada needed a ride and then when Brother Bear came out it seemed a perfect fit to add a BB log flume ride.
Something like, say, Splash Mountain? :lookaroun

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
i think adding a water ride to the studios and to epcot is an excellent idea! either a rapids or a flume ride!!! they are great at HOT theme parks!

surfsupdon

Attention should be paid to WS b/c it has ecellent potential even while already being a great place. The addition of an E Ticket must never ruin the essence of a country, and should be as unDisneyfied as possible, but rather focusing on the country.

For example, a Brother Bear flume ride at Canada would be nice, but it does not HAVE to tie into the Disney movie Brother Bear. Logging and wilderness fit well with Canada anyways. Look at Maelstrom and El Rio del Tiempo, both carry extremely heavy amounts of their homelands traditions, heritage, folklore, fun, and history.

And I think this potential attraction need be a "ride," and not a show. The Circle Vision show is not needed anymore, but a great family ride or two would be nice.

KnK

rainfully said:

Morocco doesn't have anything probably because they think of this as a religious temple. That's why they don't light up during RoE.

Brooke

I agree. There's a lot of rides in Future World but in WS there's only Maelstrom and El Rio del Tiempo and I don't consider either of them to be E-ticket attractions. There are so many great ideas for rides that could be put in the WS and it's kinda dissapointing that there's so few attractions there...and two of them are those Circle Vision shows which I really don't like!

SirGoofy

Japan would be great for a coaster/darkride hybrid with Godzilla. I know, it sounds cheesey, but how cool would it be to be attacked by a huge Godzilla AA?

An Aladdin magic carpet ride would be a great fit in Morroco. This is the pavillion, which needs the most help IMO. I have never gone in and looked around this pavillion like I have all the rest.

DopeysGirl1226

I just got back from vacation there and I happen to agree with all of you for a water ride. It was so hot last week that we all felt the sweat dripping down our backs. So bring on the water!

When we hit Epcot we took the time to walk through each country, and for our 2 first timers, they both though there should be more to them. As excited as they were to finally get to the different countries, it was so disheartening to see the looks on their faces. The only thing they seemed to really enjoy was eating and drinking around the world. My husband and I are veterans and decided to start in the Canada side instead of Mexico hoping that by the time we got to the two countires with rides they'd be looking for a break. But we didn't even go in Mexico becuase of how disapointed they were. I hope they do something. Sooner rather than later.

On another note, I was very pleasently suprized on Soarin. I think its my new favorite ride! And very dissapointed in Test Track, it broke down 4 times while we were on it, once when we were in the heat tunnel!!! Not good when its 87 degrees outside. But, I agree with all in the hope for a addition to WS and the neseccary changes/imporvement to the classics that we all love!

dave2822

I'm sorry, I am still have difficulty seeing some of these attractions fitting in with WS. There are some great ideas, don't get me wrong, but most of them seem to dwell on fantasy. The other three parks, especially MK, can work on that. EPCOT has always been about eductation, realism, World Showcase more so than FW obviously.

There was fanatical attention to detail spent making these countries, their architecture, and the experience. A mystical ride about Godzilla, or a Brother Bear, or something along those lines, does not fit in. The countries were made to be a mini-replica of the real things. Thus, I wouldn't mind a realistic dark ride, but the others just don't seem to mesh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom