What happens when 2 from a party dont show?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
In fairness it’s not that we do it because we don’t care, it’s because the Disney reservation system forces us to book for two people because it rarely shows availability for a single person.

I get why Disney limit availability for solo diners. They want to maximise profit by filling every available seat. But when I pay the same for my ticket to WDW as anyone else why should I be restricted in the restaurants I can book simply because I’m traveling alone.

Now I get the paradox - by booking two seats when I only need one I’m also restricting someone else from eating in that restaurant who also paid as much as me for a ticket to WDW. But as a single guest, I’m most likely to be seated at a table for two, meaning the second seat at that table is unavailable regardless if I were to book for one or two people, or turn up as a walk in.

One place that I never have an issue booking as a single guest is Germany in Epcot, where the tables of 8 (I think) are filled with multiple parties. I’ve had a couple of meals there, and had some great conversations with random families. I also have no problem eating at the bar next to strangers.

So come on Disney, sort out some more flexible seating and stop discriminating against us solo guests just to squeeze a few more bucks to the bottom line.
We are not talking about you at all. It's people who are a party of 2 saying 3 are coming knowing that is not the case. Solo travelers are going to be sat at a 2 top weather with someone or alone, seems like a stupid glitch in the reservations. 2 people might be sat at a 2 or 4...but guaranteeing a 4 top for 2 by purposely lying seems dishonest, and not really fair to the waiters and other patrons.

Dad 2 M & M

We are not talking about you at all. It's people who are a party of 2 saying 3 are coming knowing that is not the case. Solo travelers are going to be sat at a 2 top weather with someone or alone, seems like a stupid glitch in the reservations. 2 people might be sat at a 2 or 4...but guaranteeing a 4 top for 2 by purposely lying seems dishonest, and not really fair to the waiters and other patrons.
Well said....it was directed at those parties of 2 that don't want to sit in the 2 toppers.......thus overstate party size to get bigger table
In fairness it’s not that we do it because we don’t care, it’s because the Disney reservation system forces us to book for two people because it rarely shows availability for a single person.

I get why Disney limit availability for solo diners. They want to maximise profit by filling every available seat. But when I pay the same for my ticket to WDW as anyone else why should I be restricted in the restaurants I can book simply because I’m traveling alone.

Now I get the paradox - by booking two seats when I only need one I’m also restricting someone else from eating in that restaurant who also paid as much as me for a ticket to WDW. But as a single guest, I’m most likely to be seated at a table for two, meaning the second seat at that table is unavailable regardless if I were to book for one or two people, or turn up as a walk in.

One place that I never have an issue booking as a single guest is Germany in Epcot, where the tables of 8 (I think) are filled with multiple parties. I’ve had a couple of meals there, and had some great conversations with random families. I also have no problem eating at the bar next to strangers.

So come on Disney, sort out some more flexible seating and stop discriminating against us solo guests just to squeeze a few more bucks to the bottom line.
Thank you for your response........there is quirks with the system
Although I frequently travel solo, I always book for two. Who knows? Maybe I'll run into someone in a line, on a bus, somewhere-and want to invite them to share a meal. But since that's never happened, I always dine solo. I just tell the CM at check-in, and in many dining ADRs over many years, I'vwe never been charged.
When I travel solo (have to sometimes as my family isn't always available), I ask the server what the typical party of two would spend, and tip based on that

Hockey89

Sad we even have to have this discussion but we do...

UKDisney Dave

Yea more than happy to sit in the lounge or up at the bar when it’s available, but this isn’t always the case, particularly with restaurants inside the parks.

Plus sometimes after a hard day pounding the pavement I like a proper chair to relax in, rather than a bar stool to perch on.

daisyduckie

That's kinda silly. You'd be seated at a 4-top regardless of if you had 3 or 4 people. As a single traveler I will sometimes book for 2 if I can't find a good time for 1 (and yes, the computer will sometimes be able to seat 2 and have nothing for 1!). I then just tell them at check in that there will only be 1 dining tonight. Never had a problem - for all they know, I might have had a fight with my wife and she stormed back to the room!

Some restaurants do have 3-tops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom