What happens to the dinos and movie stars?

Skyway

Original Poster
Between the closures of UoE and GMR, nearly 100 audio animatronics are about to be unemployed.

What do you think will happen to them?

In the past, some AAs have been relocated, most notably the stars of DL's America Sings taking over Splash Mountain and Star Tours.

But other than a few from World of Motion that reappeared in PotC in California in the 90's, most of the AAs from that attraction and Horizons were never seen again, right?

While the AAs certainly have value to collectors, do they really have any value to the company? Is it more cost-efficient to build a custom AA from scratch rather than storing the heavily-used, outdated machinery found in the retiring AAs?

Bairstow

Since Alien Encounter closed, Tomorrowland has been sorely deficient in the nightmare fuel department. Move all the Alien props and sets, including both animatronics to one of the dark, empty hallways of the Peoplemover. For added giggles, provide no warning signs about their presence.

Karakasa

If they are doing away with the Dinorama, they could easily bring the EEA dinos to Dinoland. An exhibit would be fine, sort of like one of those "Dinosaurs Alive" things that pop up at malls and museums, but I'd also not mind seeing a new dark ride using them and some new AAs.

As for the GMR AAs... I don't know. I have a feeling the witch's frame might be kept and re-used for Goofy or Pete or something.

Daveeeeed

Since Alien Encounter closed, Tomorrowland has been sorely deficient in the nightmare fuel department. Move all the Alien props and sets, including both animatronics to one of the dark, empty hallways of the Peoplemover. For added giggles, provide no warning signs about their presence.
I would loooove that!!!

Madame Medusa

They'll be in storage never to be seen again except by employees with access to the archives, so say your goodbyes while you can. Easy question.

Captain Barbossa

YES! YES! YES!

HonorableMention

The same effect could be achieved with the Ellen and Ripley animatronics.

JIMINYCR

Disney has enough empty buildings and spots on property. I'd love to see some of these places utilized as a Disney memorabilia area where guests could view these AA's and other items again. I always enjoyed seeing some of the props and items that were placed around the backlot tour. Imagine having a photo op by one of the old 20,000 League Nautilus subs. Sure would be better than filling a landfill with these gems.

Surfin' Tuna

Disney has enough empty buildings and spots on property. I'd love to see some of these places utilized as a Disney memorabilia area where guests could view these AA's and other items again. I always enjoyed seeing some of the props and items that were placed around the backlot tour. Imagine having a photo op by one of the old 20,000 League Nautilus subs. Sure would be better than filling a landfill with these gems.

I can't believe they haven't done something like this. Add-on attraction, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom