What happens to info collected on Spaceship Earth?

Sneezy62

Original Poster
It occured to me that the simple survey conducted aboard Spaceship Earth amounts to a daily snapshot of people's concerns going forward. I realize that many people may ride multiple times to see themselves in different futures, but the trends of how people answer the questions might be quite interesting. Does anyone know if the collective survey results are published anywhere? Even a distribution showing which of the possible futures are most and least popular would be fun to see. I'm guessing if there is any value in the info that Siemens keeps it proprietary but I thought I would ask if anyone knows what happens to it.

joe80x86

That is a good question. I mean there really is some interesting demographic data collected. Language chosen, location of home, etc.

EPCOT Explorer

It's sent to the missile silo in Cinderella Castle, compiled into a data matrix that will determine the length of the Monorail Expansion, the 38th shade of white to be applied to the Castle, how bold and new the new PI will be in terms of relative genericness and how Disney can think up new ways to suck money out of your pocket.

Happy New Year! :)

:lol:

Tom

Beta Return
It occured to me that the simple survey conducted aboard Spaceship Earth amounts to a daily snapshot of people's concerns going forward. I realize that many people may ride multiple times to see themselves in different futures, but the trends of how people answer the questions might be quite interesting. Does anyone know if the collective survey results are published anywhere? Even a distribution showing which of the possible futures are most and least popular would be fun to see. I'm guessing if there is any value in the info that Siemens keeps it proprietary but I thought I would ask if anyone knows what happens to it.

Unfortunately, since they don't have a control over how many times you participate, they can't really consider any data collected from SSE as "scientific". Just like you said, you can ride 10 times and play the old "choose your own adventure" game until you're blue in the face. Thus, they're never getting a legitimate reading from you.

On the flip side, they MAY collect your geographic data and use it for "unofficial" statistics.

_Scar

Nbooks2.jpg

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm surprised no one from the tin-hat brigade has said that they don't offer any information and hide their faces when the photo is taken. :eek: I honestly wouldn't hold it past some people...

DizneyPryncess

That would be really interesting! If I knew that answer, I might have to be more careful when riding. I once accidentally hit my knuckle off the ocean when asking for my location. So it said I was from the middle of the Atlantic. My friends hit the wrong language, and had to ride the entire thing in Spanish :lol:.

Sneezy62

Original Poster
I'm surprised no one from the tin-hat brigade has said that they don't offer any information and hide their faces when the photo is taken. :eek: I honestly wouldn't hold it past some people...

It's a scientific fact that tin foil won't work, I'm putting small guage titanium screening in my mousears, lightweight and it breathes. :eek: :ROFLOL:

magicmaya

I don't know, but every time I take a picture on that ride, the technology chops off all of my hair and they put me in the blue suit and meanwhile, my sister has all of her hair and she's in the pink suit. What's up with that? Do they want me to look like a guy?

EPCOTPluto

That would be really interesting! If I knew that answer, I might have to be more careful when riding. I once accidentally hit my knuckle off the ocean when asking for my location. So it said I was from the middle of the Atlantic. My friends hit the wrong language, and had to ride the entire thing in Spanish :lol:.
:lookaroun *Wonders how a Japanese SSE narrator will sound...* :D

So they actually track the fact that I put myself in places like Madagascar and Siberia? :ROFLOL:
I would think it's just for the sphere, but for actually filing it for future use, IF any use, that would be odd.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I had an idea, what if there were some facts they put on the screen related to the scene if it takes place in the country you say you're from?

C&D

I'm sure all that info goes into the 'big bit bucket' in the sky; after use, worthless imput, I thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom