What happens if MK hits capacity and...

retroeric

Original Poster
...you're denied entrance, and you have a reservation for a MK restaurant that you guaranteed with a credit card? Do they still charge you $10 per person for not showing up? That would really suck.

Storm

Why would they charge you if you are able to prove that you were unable to enter MK ? Following logic they will either refund you or give you another date and time

Storm

How would one prove they were denied entry?
I will go ahead and assume they keep track of waiting times and times where the place is simply full in the first place for statistical purpose so I would personally keep the time at which you tried to enter and were denied entry , it’s out of your reach so they won’t blame you. Just to be clea I’am not affiliated with Disney in any way so my view on the refund part just seem logical

Beacon Joe

How bad is it today? We have friends down there right now and haven't heard from them. I assume they're radio silent because they got trampled or are stuck in a mass of humanity and can't move their arms.

Gringrinngghost

...you're denied entrance, and you have a reservation for a MK restaurant that you guaranteed with a credit card? Do they still charge you $10 per person for not showing up? That would really suck.
MK would have to Phase 4 close for that to happen, and last time that happened was April 7th, 2009 when tickets were still $75.

Goofyernmost

The people charged with entrance have lists of people that have reservations with them. You tell them about it, they check the list. If you are on the list one of two things might happen. You will be let in to go to it, or you will not be charged for missing the reservation. They don't charge it to your Credit Card until you don't show up and if they know that anyone with a late reservation will not be charged for missing. But, I think they will just let you in.

Beacon Joe

Why anyone would want to put up with that on today and even worse on New Year's into New Year's Day is beyond me.

I don't know. I successfully parried my wife's suggestion that we take a last minute trip to WDW for New Year's Eve. I think she was drunk.

TrojanUSC

That's actually been more and more common with People Mover, even during "off peak" times like october and may.

The parks have been consistently busier and combined with the way in which they changed the loading (it is no longer a continuous loop of vehicles), it has added to a greater wait time. Honestly, I'd be happy for them to add FP+ to this.

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks everyone.

I think this just about sums things up:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/park-closing-phases.htm

You are highly unlikely to be denied entry if you’re staying onsite or have a reservation. Even if they close temporarily by noon, MK will open up again by around 4pm for most people.

Now if you’re visiting for the day from offsite and have no reservations, then you may be redirected to another park, assuming you made it through the traffic chaos that is.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I think this just about sums things up:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/park-closing-phases.htm

You are highly unlikely to be denied entry if you’re staying onsite or have a reservation. Even if they close temporarily by noon, MK will open up again by around 4pm for most people.

Now if you’re visiting for the day from offsite and have no reservations, then you may be redirected to another park, assuming you made it through the traffic chaos that is.

Bjr254a.gif

Goofyernmost

This just isn't true. They have no such list. However, if you make it to the Magic Kingdom gate, you will be allowed entrance, especially with a reservation.
Well, it was true, perhaps smart phones have changed that, but, they still have to verify that you are indeed the person you say you are, just because you don't see a paper list, doesn't mean they don't have some form of one. I've had to justify going into the Poly to join my sister and her friends and since I didn't know what name they did the reservation under, I had to go threw the list of people that she was with before I hit upon the right name and they let me in. If they were that picky about the Poly, I can't imagine that getting in for a reservation once they got to capacity is going to be a whole lot easier. But, it could be, however, that is the way it was 2012 - 2014.

Goofyernmost

Ah , yes, the security Cast Members at resorts will have this. Not the entrance Cast Members at the theme parks, though.
Around, 2005 or so... I took an early morning Keys to the Kingdom tour. And I had to give my name and show my reservation at the entrance to MK, which they checked against the list. I would think that in the event of maximum capacity situation would have the same procedure, but, again I am going by what I had to do a number of years ago. Things change all the time, but, park closure due to capacity would seem like a completely different set of rules then normal everyday procedures. We got funneled into a separate queue then the regular guests. I mean when was the last time that MK completely closed to new guests and how often has that happened over the years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom