What happened to........

Yenfid

Original Poster
Back in 1997 I went to Dsiney for the 25th Anniversary and saw the Pink Castle and shook with disgust like most. Anyway while I was there I did the Annimation Tour and they talked about Hecules, which was out, and Mulan, which Florida was making. Anyway at the end of the tour, the tour guide said, that Disney was planning to make the following into films or shorts.

Lewis and Clark

Empire of the Sun (Emporers New Grove)

Jeykll and Hyde

Now out of the three one was made. But the one I was intrested in was Jeykll and Hyde.

Maybe I misunderstood the tour guide has anybody else heard of talk at some point of the other two I listed? Maybe I was daydreaming since it was the fourth time I did the tour in three years.

corran horn

Wasn't there a Mickey "Jeykll and Hyde" short? Maybe on "House of Villains"?

I think I remember seeing something about it...maybe just some concept art.

Erika

I've heard talk of those, and of others that never came about. They may be trashed for good, or they may turn up in the future. You never know. Sometimes these things get set aside for decades.

ToTBellHop

The Jekyll and Hyde cartoon was called Runaway Brain, I believe...

A lot of movies get cancelled, even during production. I remember seeing a few pieces of animation from a future movie on the animation tour some years back (can't remember the title for the life of me) and that movie was later cancelled.

boo52

Things get shelved in the development process all the time, only to be unearthed down the road later. The Little Mermaid had production work done on it decades before but was shelved until the Eisner regimine came aboard and dug it up.

Dj Corona

Yep, Runaway Brain is the title of the (somewhat) Jekyl and Hyde cartoon, it's on the Mickey Mouse in Living Color Vol.2 DVD

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Frees Fan said:
You didn't like the castle "cake?" I thought it was cool.

curious................... did they actually paint the brick on the castle to get this affect, or did they have kind of a "shell" that just fit snuggly to the castle brick. always wondered.

BrerVeritas

They actually painted the brick. I was there when they first started in '96. It scared me half to death when I saw just one spire of the castle painted pink. I thought it was permanent. I think later on they added some shell like decorations to make it more resemble an actual cake, but the brick was all pink.

JBSLJames

BrerVeritas said:
They actually painted the brick. I was there when they first started in '96. It scared me half to death when I saw just one spire of the castle painted pink. I thought it was permanent. I think later on they added some shell like decorations to make it more resemble an actual cake, but the brick was all pink.

Always made me wnat a glass of COLD MILK mmmmmmmmmm

corran horn

ISTCNavigator57 said:
The Jekyll and Hyde cartoon was called Runaway Brain, I believe...

Yeap, that was it. I remember the 'crazed' Mickey being one of the Mickeys on a snowglobe I got my Mom for her birthday one year.

Wckd Queen

I remember walking into the park in 97 after 11 years away and seeing the Castle Cake. At first I thought, ok, I missed something somewhere...its PINK now? :lol: Then I found out that it had been painted for the 25th Anniversary. I was ok with it after I found out it was temporary :cool:

meanmice

what did they do with all of the external decorations that they placed on the castle? is it in storage somewhere or in ye olde trash heap?

Wckd Queen

meanmice said:
what did they do with all of the external decorations that they placed on the castle? is it in storage somewhere or in ye olde trash heap?
Not sure. I know that when I inquired about purchasing one of the flags with the Sorcerer on them from guest relations during the 25th Anniversary, I was told that the only way they would be available would be at the Disneyana auction later that year. Perhaps this is what happened to the icing on the cake? ;)

SpectroMan

I'm sorry to anyone who like the cake, but I can't stand it like that. THe wand and hat look ten times better than the castle cake.

Hopefully, they don't do anything drastic for MK's 50th, unless they want to paint it gold.

I wish they would have decided to do Empire in the Sun. When I heard about that in Disney Magazing, I was so excited. Emperor's New Grove was hillarious, but I think they could of had a hit with the other movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom