What happened to the Disney bank of talent?

careship

Original Poster
I wasn't sure where to post this discussion, but I guess this will work. Hope y'all find this thread..... :lol:

I was thinking about something earlier from a different thread speaking about Clay Aiken. Here's my ponderings....

It was said in another thread and I think this too, that Clay Aiken fits the Disney Image well. Cleancut good kid who overcame great odds to become this star.

Back in the day, the Mickey Mouse Club was the stepping stone for great talents. Some of them now have lost that wholesome image, but we won't talk about them. The idea came to me that all through the years people have come to Disney and become quite successful. Without the Mickey Mouse Club, they have no real platform for these kids/teens. Yes, with shows they have people like Hillary Duff, Christie Carlson Romano. Lindsay Lohan from movies.

Who now fits what we think to be the Disney Image?

Where now are the kids able to step out and show what they're made of without a platform like the Mouseketeers?

I know alot of talent comes from Disney in the way of broadway and dancers etc, but the talent bank isn't as full as it used to be in my opinion. I used to think of Disney as finding some of the best talent in the world, they don't have that same persona anymore. They aren't finding talent and making stars the way they used to be.

***NOTE: Please don't make this into a bashing about some former Mouseketeers, I would prefer this to be a thought provoking discussion about the talent and how Disney can bring back something like the Mickey Mouse Club.

When I was little, everyone wanted to work for Disney and be a Mouseketeer, and that was the same for generations before and after me, but not anymore. And for that matter, they all wanted to be imagineers , animators, artists where has all that gone?

Any thoughts, ideas?????

OliveMcFly

It seems as though Disney recycles their stars. You can see the same actor on a tv show, a movie, and a music video. Like my mom says "do they all have to sing?". LOL Personally some should not sing. Hilary Duff's lip-syncing track skipped while she was performing at MTV's New Year's Eve 2003. Personally I think if ya can't sing live...don't sing. It seems they all fall into the music whether or not they can actually do it. I enjoy Christy. She has a great voice and she's very pretty. I would have loved to see her in Beauty and the Beast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom