what happened to Have a Magical Day?

bjlc57

Original Poster
I have just gotten back from 6 days at WDW.. .and while the staff was outstanding and courteous and outgoing and friendly.. One thing was missing.. No More " Have a Magical Day".. and I was shocked.. I always look forward to having a magical day in the parks.. and I work in a call center and when I speak to people from the Orlando area... I almost always say it to them. .
that and the true absence of seeing Mickey.. Mickey , himself was almost absent from the park.. Grant you that it was very very rainy all week.. but we had a true absence of characters on a whole..

mm52200

Well Mickey still meets park open to park close in all four parks, appears in the castle show, Move It Shake It, day parade and Fantasmic...so he’s still around.

But also I would much rather receive a genuinely nice, warm have a great day than a soul-less “have a magical day” that felt forced.

bjlc57

Original Poster
i have never heard that " have a magical day " was telling some one off.. I have been coming to WDW since it opened.. and that was the line that I am used to .. if I am ignorant please forgive me.. but from the time it opened.. Having a magical day was part of the disney alure for me .

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, at least you didn't have a Six Flags day (and believe me they do say this in their parks) ..... How does one have a day to represent the Six different nations that governed Texas?

Chef Mickey

No it's not. Have a magical day is literally the most cringe thing I've ever heard. You people continue to amaze me with what you guys "miss" at WDW
Yes, it is. People at Walmart say, “Have a nice day.”

Disney simply took a generic phrase and “Disney-ized” it. Stop being so cynical. The delivery is everything and Disney has the least forced delivery averaged out of any company I’ve experienced. They do a phenomenal job with the amount of people employed and the number of guests that run through Disney.

Walt Disney1955

I like it, it's unique. It gives you a sense of anticipation. The day before I went to Magic Kingdom my last trip I purposely drove up to the Magic Kingdom parking lot. I "pretended" that I needed to turn around. I just wanted to get as close as I could to the park. The lady at the parking ticket booth was helpful and told me just to turn around to the left and I'll get right back out. She said "Have a magical day". So yeah, people still say it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom