What ever came of the Electrical Parade

habuma

While some may have a strong hatred for MSEP and many are hoping for a new, modern electrical parade in the future (which, BTW, I'd happily accept), and others are pining for the days of Spectromagic (which I also enjoyed)...I am a huge fan of MSEP and kinda wish it were still around.

That's not to say that I wouldn't welcome a newer nighttime parade. I'm just saying that right now we have no nighttime parade. Heck, we only have one parade of any kind across all 4 of the parks! A new parade is welcome, but in the meantime, I'd love to sit at my favorite parade-viewing spot on the west-side of the hub where they spread the rope (oops...I've said too much) and hear that corny Baroque Hoedown again.

I'm just glad that I got to see it one one last time (or was it?) last year in Disneyland.

KBLovedDisney

It went bye bye.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Now that it's been gone for the longest amount of time since the late 90s where is it and is it all still in one piece?

1. WDW put Spectromagic in storage in order to use DL's Main Street Electrical Parade.

2. DL wanted MSEP back. WDW gave it back.

3. Sprectromagic's storage was a tent with no climate control. It was ruined and tossed out.

4. MK is going to get a nighttime parade back for its 50th in 2021. Any plans to speed that parade into production has been halted by HEA's popularity.

Sundown

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think @marni1971 recently hinted that a certain night time parade might be returning in the future.

I interpreted this as meaning it was the Main Street Electrical Parade.

EDIT: Yep, here it is in the 50th Anniversary Thread:

There will be bunting and cup cakes in all four parks. And perhaps that pesky night time parade.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Very grateful I could catch it in 2015 before it went away forever. Between this and the Osborne Lights going away, this niche sort of nighttime entertainment appears to be a dying breed

MK has two nighttime shows: UOaT and HEA. For the holiday parties, there are two versions of nighttime parades. The Electric Water Parade still exists. An electrified nighttime parade will come back brand new for the 50th anniversary.

DAK has RoL and Tree of Life

Epcot has Illuminations.

DHS has Disney Movie Magic, SW Fireworks, and for the holidays, BAM and Sunset Blvd. Seasons Greeting projection show.

Dunston

MK has two nighttime shows: UOaT and HEA. For the holiday parties, there are two versions of nighttime parades. The Electric Water Parade still exists. An electrified nighttime parade will come back brand new for the 50th anniversary.

DAK has RoL and Tree of Life

Epcot has Illuminations.

DHS has Disney Movie Magic, SW Fireworks, and for the holidays, BAM and Sunset Blvd. Seasons Greeting projection show.
Look I understand that there are nighttime parades. I was specifically referring to how those two attractions are about a spectacle of incandescent electric Christmas lights. I had forgotten about the Electric Water Parade tho.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
1. WDW put Spectromagic in storage in order to use DL's Main Street Electrical Parade.

2. DL wanted MSEP back. WDW gave it back.

3. Sprectromagic's storage was a tent with no climate control. It was ruined and tossed out.

4. MK is going to get a nighttime parade back for its 50th in 2021. Any plans to speed that parade into production has been halted by HEA's popularity.
Another reason to hate HEA, I can care less for the music nor or less the projections, I just want a good soundtrack and 10 inch shells blowing up in the air and to watch it from frontier land which is also be watching a light parade.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I noticed that Festival of Fantasy has some lights on their units other than the strobes that are currently in use. Not saying it's going to be a light parade as well but might look pretty good at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom