What era would you like to have in a Disney park???

What era would you choose to have in a Disney park???

• 1200s to 1400s- Middle Ages

• 1600s and 1700s - Age of Piracy

• 1800s - Victorian era

• Early 1900s- Turn of the Century

• 1920s to 1940s - Roaring Twenties and Jazz Era

• 1950s- Golden Age of Television

• 1960s and 70s- Peace, Love, and Disco

• 1980s - Fun pop culture, big hair, cartoons

• 1990s to present - Y2K, internet, technology

Results are only viewable after voting.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Disney movies have shown many different parts of history...movies about pirates, knights, and cowboys to movies set in Prohibition times and the fun 80s all the way to our day.

Above are a couple things each era is famous for.
So, which TWO options would you like to have in any of the parks? . Meaning you dress up like they did in said era and the park would be totally themed from the time period?

Last edited:

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
This is a really cool and interesting question. I could have chose several of these options because I think they would be fascinating to be a part of the Disney Parks, but I voted for the 60's and 70's mostly because I am really in the Rock & Roll music of the 70's mostly. Those bands like Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Bad Company, Rush that came up during that time. So the music scene I really think is cool. As for movies you already have Star Wars: A New Hope from the 70's and through in the greats like Jaws, The Godfather, and Taxi Driver to just name a few. Television also had its share of great sitcoms back then like Happy Days, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, and Alice. Take all that and all the crazy fashion statements they had and i think it would be pretty cool.

JIMINYCR

Roaring 20s. Lots of interesting, guest pleasing shows and entertainment could be built up like Jazz clubs, speakeasies and vaudeville shows. Have street gangster characters played by actors portraying Cagney, Edward G Robinson, Dillinger, Al Capone, Bugsy Malone and others. Feature police raids by the FBI and the Untouchables. Comedy routines by Laurel & Hardy, Keaton, Chaplin, Keystone cops. And highlight the glorious beginnings and rise to fame of Walt Disney. It would perfectly fit into the early themed years when America was beginning to advance in the world.

thomas998

You should have included a none of the above. I prefer that they don't try to do any real time period because when they have done one it ends up offending people and then getting watered down to the point that it insult the intelligence of anyone familiar with history. They should just stick to make believe.

Robbiem

There are plenty of exciting eras but I voted for the jazz age. it would be a fun era and disney could use some of the original plans from Paris’ original main st.

other eras not listed that I’d like to see would be Ancient Greece and samurai era Japan

BigDlover

They have had the future in Tomorrowland and continue to fail to know what to do with it
It was just a joke. I'm more interested in how they can integrate innovative and upcoming tech than going back in time to another era. They have plenty of that already. Part of the magic of Disney is using futuristic tech. That's what really wows guests that a lot of other companies can't replicate.

NelleBelle

It was just a joke. I'm more interested in how they can integrate innovative and upcoming tech than going back in time to another era. They have plenty of that already. Part of the magic of Disney is using futuristic tech. That's what really wows guests that a lot of other companies can't replicate.
Unfortunately, they then let it sit and become outdated for decades before doing anything about it! 😕

BigDlover

Unfortunately, they then let it sit and become outdated for decades before doing anything about it! 😕
A lot of it enhances the experience, for me anyway, and won't be dated anytime soon like all the projection mapping they've used on the nighttime shows and in ride queues. But I was also talking about the actual ride systems and vehicles themselves like Flight of Passage, Na'vi River Journey, RotR, etc. There are a lot of rides that use great tech that are still not outdated - Soarin', Toy Story Mania, even The Haunted Mansion to name a few.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom