What DVC resorts are sold out?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Does anyone know? I got to thinking about this while chatting on another thread. I thought I heard the poly was almost sold completely out.

nickys

Premium Member
Does anyone know? I got to thinking about this while chatting on another thread. I thought I heard the poly was almost sold completely out.

Poly is sold out, albeit it pretty much at the February deadline of 25 points direct for full membership.

Essentially all of them bar Copper Creek I think. If they have a waiting list for points, they are sold out.

Not sure about HH or VB; Aulani isn't sold out yet for sure.

Grand Californian and all other WDW resorts are as far as I know.

correcaminos

Technically only Aulani and Copper Creek are the 'current' for sale resorts. You can request some, but some guides will tell you there is no waitlist for ones like Grand Floridian or Californian. Others will put you on a wait list.

Polynesian is 'sold out' and not being marketed as one you can buy direct easily. Again you might be able to be put on a wait list.

Just as an FYI if you buy Old Key West, even if the original owner had signed the quitclaim deed, you will get the new 2057 end date if you purchase direct.

daktari

Too early still. Likely will be 4-6 months prior to opening based on the last few resorts
Any idea if the price will be less per point compared to the Deluxes like Poly and Copper Creek? I'm guessing not since the points can be used for other resorts, just curious.

correcaminos

Any idea if the price will be less per point compared to the Deluxes like Poly and Copper Creek? I'm guessing not since the points can be used for other resorts, just curious.
I'm not sure what you mean by deluxes, as all DVC are classified as that. Right now CCV is much less per point than PVB and VGF too. I don't think we'll see pricing or even guess on it until early to mid 2019. From what a DVC guide was taking to me about, I wouldn't expect low points or costs per point for this one.

jme

Your best bet is to just call DVC or if you are in the Orlando area, visit one. Yes, everything but Aulani and Copper Creek are currently "sold out" but Disney buys back points all the time, so they may have what you are looking for available. The only downside to not buying "new" points is your use year. You may be trying to buy now, in May, and your use year might not be until April... so you will have to wait 11 months for your next set of points. Currently buying Aulani or Copper Creek, your use year begins in December. So you get your points now, and another batch in December later this year.
If the cost per point is a bigger factor that more points up front sooner, then just call and ask. We were able to get some directly from DVC at Saratoga Springs for $151/point vs $182/point at CCV/Aulani

correcaminos

Your best bet is to just call DVC or if you are in the Orlando area, visit one. Yes, everything but Aulani and Copper Creek are currently "sold out" but Disney buys back points all the time, so they may have what you are looking for available. The only downside to not buying "new" points is your use year. You may be trying to buy now, in May, and your use year might not be until April... so you will have to wait 11 months for your next set of points. Currently buying Aulani or Copper Creek, your use year begins in December. So you get your points now, and another batch in December later this year.
If the cost per point is a bigger factor that more points up front sooner, then just call and ask. We were able to get some directly from DVC at Saratoga Springs for $151/point vs $182/point at CCV/Aulani
If your use year is April and you buy now, you get the 2018 points. Only thing is if you buy now for June you get 2017 and 2018 points. You never have to wait to use points when buying direct, unlike resale where you may or may not.

So really it's about if you want the extra points or not. Usually direct you get to name your use year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom