What does yellow mean? Slow Down. wwwwww-hhhhh-aaaaaa-ttttttt....

jharvey

You like the Taxi reference?

So, I am going to the world in September. Aside from the usual suspects (DW, DS & DDx2) we are taking my parents, sister, and niece. This will be my sister and parents first visit since 1994 when my sister was 6.

Planning for this trip, I have been thinking back to my May 2010 trip. It was my first trip since 1994, and the first visit for my wife and kids (5 & 2 years old at the time). I had yet to truly "discover" the holy trinity of wdwmagic, easywdw, and disneyfoodblog. We did our best and had a blast.

Fast forward to our September 2012 trip and it was sooooo different. On that trip we realized how much we overlooked on the first trip due to park hopping and running around like chickens with their heads cut off. In the '12 trip we did the following things that we did not in 2010: SSE, Soarin, Maelstrom, 3 Caballeros, Journey into Imagination, EO (wish to God we skipped that), American Adventure, Living with the Land,TSMM, Jungle Cruise, Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali, Peter Pan's Flight, Pooh, TTA, CoP, SpaceRanger Spin. I know, it would have been easier to list what we did.

My question, how many visits before you realized you did not have a clue? I think I am the poster child for stopping and smelling the roses. Anyone else have similar experiences?

LostPrincessKarleigh

I've kind of always had a good idea about what was worth seeing (IMHO) and what to skip. Thanks to the Birmbaum Kid's Guide my mother bought for me on my first trip. (I was all of 6 years old.) I must have read that thing a million times and I always got the new edition for every trip we took after that. Sometimes, I would even get my dad to read sections of it to me before bed time! lol! I still have all of my copies but the first one is all frayed now.
:) memories with Mickey Mouse.

Upvote 0

Spikerdink

Love the Taxi reference.... one of my favorite episodes...along with the time Jim is at a fancy party and volunteers that he can play the piano and sits down and plays chopsticks before Elaine tells him they expected something more classical and he busts out some perfect tune that excites the society crowd....

Anyway, I think the first time I went to WDW I was a kid and went with my great-grandmother, so we had no idea....when I first went as an adult had a bit of an idea, but bought the Fodor's guide since I knew there was much to learn.... still today there are things I don't know but thanks to sites like this I can learn something new!

Upvote 0

luv

Loved the Reverend Jim reference...and that wasn't even my favorite Jim scene. He was SO funny.

I just re-watched it on you tube.

"Mental illness or addiction to narcotics?"
Well, that's a hard choice...

:)

We ran around like crazy for the first four trips. At that point, we'd been to all the Orlando parks and could stop to breathe a little! We still packed a lot in, though. :)

Upvote 0

jharvey

Original Poster
The one that worries me is my sister. She hasn't been in 20 years and is bringing her 3 year old along. She is going to run around like her hair is on fire. Good news- there are far worse places to be when someone is manic.

Upvote 0

jharvey

Original Poster
I just noticed that something I typed in my original post is blocked. I hope it goes without saying, it was not an adult site. If Josh's site is a no-go, the dude abides.....easywdw... sorry, had to. The dude now abides.

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

Since we started going in April 1972, it really hasn't been a problem. We knew the MK well and so when EC was added, we could devote extra time there...Then MGM opened and we spent extra time there...Finally AK opened and we could focus on it...in between we added waterparks, miniature golf, etc...

Upvote 0

SMS55

I used to go as a kid once a year. Our trips were a couple of days but it used to be just MK and EPCOT back them and later HS. My parents were always big on getting us to ride. Over the years I discovered more things like character meals for example. We never went to a water park as a kid but then living in south Florida the water is close by. Now, as an adult that's been plenty of times, there are things I'll skip and i will discover new things.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom