What does everyone think of the Chicken Little Trailer?

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by General Grizz
It looks cute. . . but definitely not "Disney Feature Animation."

Well, considering that this would be Feature Animation's first totally 3D film, I think everyone would agree with that statement. There is nothing in the DIsney vault actually produced by Disney that you'll be able to compare this one to, I don't think...

Personally, I sort of enjoyed the stylized look of the environment with the egg shaped car and grill and the house that looks a bit like those chicken pen things - you know with the corrugated steel roof and ramps instead of steps. The animation itself wasn't the absolute best I've seen but there is still a year or more to go before it is released and from the way it was put together, it doesn't look like the trailer was actually footage from what will be the final movie anyway. Guess it is still too early to make any kind of a good guess.

wdwmaniac

From what I've seen I am like it very much. And mnay other polpe seem to. It's think it will turn out to be a blockbuster as long as the movies is as interesting as the preview.

CTXRover

I thought it was very cute. I really like when they make these "teaser" trailers that probably aren't really part of the movie. I personally thought the animation looked wonderful. The backgrounds were very bright and full of color and I thought overall the animated characters looked very good. I'm no animation art expert, but I thought the animation quality looked just as good as Pixar's preview for The Incredibles (both were on the Brother Bear DVD).

DisneyFan 2000

Nice, funny and amusing but I can't see it being defined as "classic", yet still very enjoyable! :)

BTW, did anyone else notice it is no longer "Walt Disney pictures" only "Disney presents"... What's with that? :veryconfu

CTXRover

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000

BTW, did anyone else notice it is no longer "Walt Disney pictures" only "Disney presents"... What's with that? :veryconfu

I'm not sure when or under what circumstances they do this, but they've done it before. The first time I can remember them doing this was for "Disney's Mulan". They've done it for other movies too...like "Disney's The Kid" with Bruce Willis (good movie). They might have done it even earlier than that, but it isn't anything too new. Couldn't tell you why though.

Shaman

To tell you the truth it intrigues me to the point that I am interested to see what the movie will actually be like...so I think its a great trailer and looks like a great movie...I'm glad Disney is finally trying this new medium on their own....while our alliance with Pixar was beneficial, our reliance on Pixar was also hindering the company's independece in animation....lets hope this film is a hit....(and that 2d animation isn't gone forever)....

:D

wdwmaniac

The Opening and close reminds me of how Disney's open's it's PIXAR films the same font and stuff. You think they might be going for the PIXAR look without them get more poeple to think it is a PIXAR/Disney deal?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I think it was a good trailer. The movie looks great, and it looks like something Pixar would've done. It'll be interesting to see how it fares against Cars, Pixar's final film from Disney, which comes out in 2005. Can't wait for this one! :D

Epcot is my fav

This looks like crap........not gonna see it....even if Disney paid me.....HORRIBLE....this is not Disney.......they should sell it to some1 else and get it off their hands.....BOOO:hurl: :hurl:

theonlytigger

It looks alright, though the CGI doesn't look very impressive. (sorry, I've been spoiled by the beautiful CG work in Nemo) Although maybe the were shooting for something less realistic.

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by Gucci65
His big head bothers me. I will have to see more trailers before making a decision.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the first reaction we had too! He's not a very "child-friendly" character as far as likeability and merchandising success goes...

The whole stylized look of the film was interesting, but we also said there wasn't really an interesting (or long enough) story to make it a feature film. The magic will be turning it from an animated short into a feature-length film and still keep anyone interested.

Best of luck to them...and kudos if they pull it off!

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom