What do you think is the most complicated attraction at WDW?

Jon Good

Original Poster
I worked at Big Thunder Mountain years ago and at that time it was the only roller coaster that could run five trains at one time. Bringing out the fifth train was very complicated. The instructions were about one page long and if you made a mistake it would bring the whole attraction down. When you hear the animated recorded spiel go off and the voice says "hats and glasses" the train should be leaving the station or you have problems. Its not that way anymore as Disney has done an update so that it is easier to operate the attraction.

PerGron

Kilimanjaro Safaris hands down. Everything else is automated and can be fixed. If Pirates breaks down, it can be fixed pretty quickly. Reboot the system, do some test runs, etc.

However, if a rhino decides it wants to stand in the road and not move, there’s nothing you can do about it. Live animals are way more complicated than any technology and I’ll stand by that 100%.

Now if we’re talking mechanically complicated that’s a different story, but overall complicated, Kilimanjaro for sure.

ColinDLR

I get the live animal point, but from the most technologically complicated perspective, DINOSAUR, Test Track, and Space Mountain are always down. These all have very complicated technology. From Dinosaur's EMV's, to Test Track's weird and complicated dispatch system, to SM's block brake safe geniousness, these rides are all amazing when running, but complicated behind the scenes.

Walt Disney1955

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. No, the ride itself from a technical standpoint is easy to understand. I always just wondered about the scenes in it. Granted I was never familiar with the book or the movie when I rode it, but are there actual scenes that depict him in hell or was that just added onto the ride for dramatic effect?

Okay, back to the original topic. Hall of Presidents comes to mind for me. I just figure that lots can go wrong with 45 mechanical animatronics up there and I've never seen it happen.

Goofyernmost

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. No, the ride itself from a technical standpoint is easy to understand. I always just wondered about the scenes in it. Granted I was never familiar with the book or the movie when I rode it, but are there actual scenes that depict him in hell or was that just added onto the ride for dramatic effect?

Okay, back to the original topic. Hall of Presidents comes to mind for me. I just figure that lots can go wrong with 45 mechanical animatronics up there and I've never seen it happen.
Have you not seen what the last two Presidents look like? And yes, the positioning of hell is in the original story.

Paper straw fan

I worked at Big Thunder Mountain years ago and at that time it was the only roller coaster that could run five trains at one time. Bringing out the fifth train was very complicated. The instructions were about one page long and if you made a mistake it would bring the whole attraction down. When you hear the animated recorded spiel go off and the voice says "hats and glasses" the train should be leaving the station or you have problems. Its not that way anymore as Disney has done an update so that it is easier to operate the attraction.

I think I’d take your word over mine then, but I’d guess.. seven dwarves?

TwilightZone

The hell scene was added to the ride. I guess to make it more dramatic or classic haunted house? The ending of the movie and book are much happier.

HMFan999

Kilimanjaro Safaris hands down. Everything else is automated and can be fixed. If Pirates breaks down, it can be fixed pretty quickly. Reboot the system, do some test runs, etc.

However, if a rhino decides it wants to stand in the road and not move, there’s nothing you can do about it. Live animals are way more complicated than any technology and I’ll stand by that 100%.

Now if we’re talking mechanically complicated that’s a different story, but overall complicated, Kilimanjaro for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom