1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you really think about the Trumpamatronic coming to HoP?

Discussion in 'Politics and Social Issues' started by GoofGoof, Mar 14, 2017.

1. G00fyDad

G00fyDad Well-Known Member

I've already said I don't trust Hillary. Who are you trying to convince here? Hillary might have been shady as all h**l but Trump is going to get us killed and is the worst thing to ever happen to the office of President. If you cannot look past the BS and see that thing for what he is then you need to wake up. There has been such a severe need for change in this country for so long that you people latched onto the first person to say what you were thinking. You didn't care that he lied to your faces. You didn't care how corrupt HE is. You didn't care how immoral HE is. You got suckered and you took the rest of the planet down with you. For example, conservatives seem to think climate change is a joke and a liberal conspiracy. LOL I guess all the liberals are going up there and stealing the polar bear's ice. Trump just admitted that he lied to you the other day in an interview and conservatives just LOVE him. ???? Conservatives are so blinded by their hatred of Hillary that they cannot see the demon staring them in the face about to kill them. Yes. He is that bad. He has not told a single truth yet and has not held up a single campaign promise yet. Not one. The Dems did it to themselves? Well Trump is doing to us all.

Ellen Ripley and Tony the Tigger like this.
  2. wdisney9000

wdisney9000 Well-Known Member

3. G00fyDad

Good grief. I'm not, but he seems to be the conservative "poster boy" and even HE admitted it. So take it as you may.

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  4. G00fyDad

5. wdisney9000

You have derailed. Trump signs executive orders in front of the press, not at 2 am on Saturday night.
    Is that not exactly what happened with BHO? What change did we get?
    Yes, because letting waves of immigrants in without vetting them in any fashion is working out so well in Europe. Keeping our country safe and protecting our borders is going to get us killed though, right?

MOXOMUMD, 21stamps, Mem11 and 5 others like this.
  6. wdisney9000

By "no matter how good you are", I assume you mean vulgar words, name calling, anger and unsubstantiated claims? Is that how you play chess?

MOXOMUMD, 21stamps and Mem11 like this.
  7. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Again, I did not vote for Trump, nor do I identify as a Republican. I'm just sick of the nonsense on the left and the demonetization of a guy that...while I didn't agree with his campaign...his policies aren't that bad if you turn off CNN and all the other far-left news organizations and just look at it with an open-mind.

- People think he is against immigration (I did the whole campaign) no...he's against illegal immigration. And, really, who isn't?
    - We are $20 Trillion in debt and provide a lot of foreign aid to other nations. He wants nations like Germany to pay their fair share in return. What's the problem with an equal partnership instead of being the world's doormat?
    - In order to reduce the debt, we need to cut spending in certain areas. Now, I'm not a fan of how he is doing it (cutting NIH and EPA while increasing defense) but I like how he's finally treating our veterans right...how can anyone have a problem with that?
    - Fair trade and jobs for Americans first. If companies leave and fire American workers, they will have to pay a tax to sell their products back to the US. It creates an incentive for American factories and jobs. Again...why is that bad?

I could go on...I certainly don't agree with everything...but the people saying he's a monster who will kill us all need to wake up. It's been 2 months since the inauguration, I've never once felt in danger.

8. G00fyDad

I am not taking the news side of the story. I am listening to the man HIMSELF. ;)

It just occurred to me that it seems like I am in a contest to see who can convince who of what. Not going to try to do that. I cannot convince a blind person to see. Peace.

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  9. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

I'm just waiting for Wikileaks to spill the beans on Ryan and his 'secret negotiations' on Ryancare. Both the R and D parties need to go down because both are irretrivably corrupt.

willtravel and spacemt354 like this.
  10. ford91exploder

Hillary - after all she was the 'annointed' one on the left, She did not even need to campaign because the presidency was Hers...

Mem11, willtravel and wdisney9000 like this.
  11. Sir_Cliff

Sir_Cliff Well-Known Member

This pumping more and more of America's wealth into defence is ultimately contributing to the country's continued decline, in my view. A country that is already remarkably unequal by the standards of developed nations that is cutting back social spending even further and prioritising growing an already astronomical military budget doesn't sound like a healthy country to me.

As for the rest, I kind of agree that you can find at least a reasonable logic that is often ignored by the media. The problem is that Trump himself seems unhinged and kind of a bad person. That comes from reading his own Twitter feed and watching him, for example, refuse to shake hands with Angela Merkel like a petulant child. The people he's chosen to surround himself with such as Steve Bannon are also just such bad hombres.

12. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Partially agree.

I think years of intervening in areas we have no business in has depleted the military as a whole. I'm of the belief that America shouldn't be the world's police. That doesn't mean we become isolationist, but that also means that our first priority should be to fixing and protecting our nation first rather than other nations.

And in my view, the handshake story is just another example of the media drumming negative press up to keep up their agenda. Especially when he shook her hand multiple times that day
    [​IMG]

He should have in the Oval Office as a courtesy even if he didn't hear her request, knowing the media would look for anything, and initiated being the host, but this false story that he never shook her hand is kinda ridiculous.

13. Sir_Cliff

Sir_Cliff Well-Known Member

I'm not American, but that certainly makes sense to me. One of the better things about Trump for the world versus Hillary is that I suspect she would have been far quicker to charge in, guns blazing to every hotspot on the planet. Perhaps this is controversial, but it seems to me playing nice with Russia and working to defeat ISIS in Syria, for example, is far smarter than trying to bring about regime change. I think Trump may do the former and Hillary would almost certainly have tried to do the latter and then god knows what would have been left behind.

Well, maybe he just didn't hear everyone suggesting it. A lot of people were, though! It's a recurrent thing with Trump, though. He seems to be his worst enemy: a simple handshake and there would have been no story.

14. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

I definitely agree on that, being "friends" in terms of just not starting the Cold War II with Russia, is a good thing for everyone, and defeating ISIS will solve the problems of a lot of nations.

Ans yeah, while the media really isn't his friend and is looking to take him down, he misses simple opportunities at times that then the media takes and runs with.

MOXOMUMD, 21stamps, Mem11 and 2 others like this.
  15. trampdog

trampdog Well-Known Member

Says the guy from a Country that needs other Countries to defend it, because they took away all the guns from their citizens. Makes sense to me. :)

wdisney9000 and ford91exploder like this.
  16. ford91exploder

The problem here is you can either be a modern welfare state or an open borders state. You cannot have BOTH.

The modern welfare state in the US developed during the 50 year pause in immigration which started in the 1920's

Right now the US budget is 68% non discretionary entitlement and interest spending everything else including defense is the other 32% of the budget

We now have the absurd situation of immigrants drawing on social security funds (mainly disability) which they have never paid into which is contributing to the soon to come bankruptcy of the social security system.

Fun fact SocSec taxes are a law, yet payments are an administrative rule so there is no LAW saying that social security benefits must be paid...

17. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Premium Member

I'm glad I saw Obama in it back in October. I got choked up knowing he'd be gone soon.

I will not set foot in that building until #46 is installed. I can't sit there and listen to even a fake #45 speak.

#resist

18. Tony the Tigger

On a personal level, this is probably the most disappointing post I've seen on WDWmagic.

The new political thread is a double-edged sword.

BuddyThomas likes this.
  19. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

In what way?

MonorailRed, MOXOMUMD and David2319 like this.
  20. Tony the Tigger

Just not what I ever anticipated from you.

BuddyThomas likes this.