Trip Report What do you mean there's no record of her AP?! We've been using it since February!**COMPLETED**

So we've been back for about a week now, and what a time we had! Only one major bump in the road as you can probably tell from the title, but we'll get to that ;)

First a little back story....

3 days before we were scheduled to leave, my husband was admitted to the hospital with acute pancreatitis. He was in excruciating pain and eventually put in the ICU! He was ok with me leaving, and honestly what would have been able to for him that doctors and nurses couldn't? He wasn't dying, so off we went.

Wednesday, August 16th

Our flight wasn't until 2:30 that day, so we got up early to visit Kevin and drop the dog at the kennel. Our Uber came for us around 12:15 since we're 10 mins or less from the airport. There were no lines at check-in or security so we breezed right thru and searched for our first meal of the day. We decided on Sbarro pizza. While we were eating I saw Brook's best friends older brother walking in the terminal(who is my age). We called him over and it turned out that he, his wife and kids were not only on our flight, but also staying at CBR! We chatted for a few mins and then went our separate ways. Brook was begging me to talk to some pilots so I creepily approached one lol. I told him we were headed to FL to visit Embry-Riddle and he was more than happy to chat with us. Turns out he graduated from DSU, her number one choice as of right now! They exchanged numbers and she was on cloud 9! After that we went in search of something sweet. We finally settled on sharing a HUGE oreo rice krispy treat. It looked a lot better than it was, so we tossed it after a few bites.

We boarded and had an uneventful flight. Touched down right on time at 5pm. It felt very strange not to head directly to the ME. We grabbed our luggage, picked our rental car and decided right then and there that instead of driving to Daytona right away that we would go out of our way and head to Epcot. The major reason I decided on this was that the next day(Aug 16th) was the last day the Express Transportation could be purchased. We would need that on our tour day to get to AK in time for our FoP FP. I tried to purchase it over phone, but was told we needed to do it at a guest relations location. It was then that we decided to head to Epcot for dinner and few rides since we had to go for the purchase. Brook hopped on MDE during our ride and snagged us a FP for SSE and a 7:45 ADR for Coral Reef. She chose that since we had never been. We got to Epcot and it felt GREAT to be back and even better that we were ''sneaking'' some extra Disney time!!

For dinner I got the Mahi-Mahi with coconut rice and Brook got the kids mac n cheese. In the end, we both agreed that the atmospheres was neat, but there would be no reason to ever return. We took our desserts to go and headed over to MS with a FP Brook got while we were eating. We were excited to try the new version that had just opened back up 3 days prior. We assumed that since the ride is now called RELAUNCHED! Mission Space that it would be totally different. It wasn't. The only that we noticed that changed was the intro no longer has Gary Sinise. The scene during the ride was THE SAME!:eek: Bummer, it's one of my fave ride. The CM told us that we were on the last ride of the night! After riding we headed out and drove to Daytona Beach .

We arrived around 10:30 pm and the place was a DUMP. I was actually scared to be there and really wished my husband was with us. The Days Inn we were staying at looked like something off of an episode of Cops. There were some ''ladies'' hanging around outside if ya know what I mean lol. Had we arrived earlier I would have taken the loss and found another room, that's how uncomfortable I was. I pushed a chair in front of the door, locked both locks, and literally prayed that we would be ok. The bed was comfy tho lol. We woke up and realized there was free breakfast being offered so we stopped in. I had toast and Frosted Flakes and Brook made herself a waffle. While eating, a maintenance man came in, stood on a chair about 3 feet behind us, stabbed the ceiling with a sharpie and TONSSSSS of water came pouring out into a trash can. We lost it!!! Like diedddd laughing and got the heck out of there LOL!

The drive to Embry-Riddle was short uneventful. The school was beautiful but in the end Brook crossed it off her list.

Around noon we headed to Publix to get a bouquet and balloons for Elsie and a case of water for the week. We drove straight to POR and decided that after we visited with her that we would stay for lunch. She recognized us right away and said to her co-worker...''It's the sisters that are really mother and daughter''. I was glad she remembered us because it had been about 16 months since we last saw her!

elsiesgift.jpg

After our meeting we checked out the pin board and grabbed some lunch. I opted for the create your own pasta with penne, alfredo, chicken and every veggie known to man. It was good...not great. But I had been craving alfredo for the past few days. Brook got the kids chicken nuggets and a king cake.

After lunch we drove over to CBR to check in. We arrived at 2:30 and I was surprised that we still hadn't gotten our room text yet. We ended up hanging around the lobby for about an hour until we got the text. Our room was in a great spot. Trinidad North, room number 3321. It was about a minute from the bus stop and quiet pool, and about 5-7 mins from the main pool and buffet. I was very happy with the location. The room itself was really nice! I didn't take a pic, but the decor reminded me of the Poly. We had a king bed which was SOOO COMFORTABLE!!! Double sinks behind barn doors and the fridge had a new glass door. The light fixtures were also very pretty. We loved the room except that it stunk. It only bothered me right when we came in, it must have been a smoking room.

Up next...our first night continued....

fractal

First Full Disney Day...Friday, Aug 18th...

We started our day by dropping off our rental car at the MK Car Care Center. The drop off went smoothly and soon we were on the shuttle bus headed for ....AK! We arrived with plenty of time before our first FP of the day. We walked right on Kali which I hate, but I ride it for Brook. We did however get a red card, score! I always seem to be the one who gets soaked. Luckily this time, I escaped without being drenched! After Kali we walked to Everest and walked on twice before using our FP for it. We could have ridden a few more times with a minimal wait but Brook checked MDE and saw that Dinosaur only had a 15 min wait so we chose to do that instead. I've never liked Dinosaur, but this trip it really grew on me! We look bored in our ride pic, but we weren't, I promise! Just taking it all in:p
View attachment 225956
We got off Dinosaur and traded some pins with the CM's in the gift shop. We had time to kill before our Na'vi FP so we decided to play some of the carnival games for the first time ever. We got 7 tickets for $20 and played 4 games. I won once and Brook won twice. We gave our last prize to the little kid she beat lol...her family was really grateful! We gave the stuffed animals we kept to our puppy...he loves stuffy stuffs! Next, it was time to visit Pandora! I was really excited to experience something new, even tho I had no clue what it was all about. Plus I was getting hungry and I knew I wanted to try Satu'li Canteen! We took some obligatory pics around Pandora and then hopped in line for our river journey. I was blown away!! It was incredibly beautiful!!! We were really impressed, even tho we didn't really know what it was supposed to look like,which sounds kind of dumb, but the queue and ride were very well detailed and we COULD appreciate that.

There was no wait at Satu'li, so we had our food in under 5-6 mins, which surprised me! I thought it would have been busier. We snagged a table inside and dug in, sharing 2 kids meals and 2 desserts. I didn't want to be stuffed for afternoon tea later at the GF! Brook got the kids cheeseburger pod and I had the kids sliced beef over grains. Both were delicious and I can't wait to eat there again sometime!! The beef was tender and seasoned well and the kids pod was very tasty! Brook said she would order it again as well. We also split both desserts, the blueberry cream cheese mousse with guava curd on top, and Neytiri's choc cake. I loved the cheesecake! It was bright and refreshing! We didn't care for the choc cake, but I think it's because we had the sweet fruity cake first which made the choc bitter. With our bellies full we decided to head back to our room for showers and fancy dresses for tea! We waited about 10 mins for our bus and the air conditioning was very welcomed!! IT WAS HOTTTT...the temp said 91...but the real feel was 102!!:eek:

Up next...A spot of tea!

I'm glad you liked River Journey so much! We also enjoyed our meal at the "Canteen".

Looking forward to more.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Friday, August 18th cont...

We took quick showers and grabbed an Uber to the GF for our Tea ressie! There was a minimal wait so of course Brook wanted to trade pins. After about 10 mins I received a text alerting us that our table was ready. But first, a quick pre-tea selfie..
GFLOBBYB4TEA.jpg

We both chose different teas to drink. I chose to get us both the Cheshire and Bedfordshire teas. The Bedfordshire is the cheapest they offer at $35 pp and it includes finger sandwiches, scones, pastries, and a pot of tea. I opted for the next one up the line($50 pp) because that offering came with cheese and Brook loves fancy cheeses! I chose to have the Fig & Rose White Tea which was delicious, and Brook opted to their most popular tea, Enchanted Forest.

GFTEAMENU.jpg

GFTEASAMMICHES.jpg

Tea was a success! I was stuffed when we left, but we both agreed that there would really be no reason to return. I was really glad we tried it tho and would recommend it! After tea I got changed and we headed upstairs to Basin and the gift shop.

AFTERTEA.jpg

Surprisingly we left empty handed and then took the monorail over to the MK.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Friday, August 18th cont...(the never ending day lol)

Okkkk...so we hopped the monorail from the GF to the MK. Brook snagged us a Space Mtn. FP, so that's where we headed. But first...a magic shot! I'm not really a fan of memory maker, I'm just not a picture person. Since it's included in our AP's I figured me might as well try and get some use out of it, plus I do really like all the diff magic shots and wanted to get some. I forced Brook to stop on Main Street for a pic.

BALLOONSMAGICSHOT.jpg

I love the look on her face..pure joy! After our forced family photo we headed towards Tomorrowland.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
The 3 of us had fun on Space( me, brook and the hook) hahahaha!!

HOOKSPACEMTN.jpg

We had a busy night at the MK. After space we went over to CoP. It was a must-do for us since we skipped it in Feb. We waited 5 mins and then enjoyed our fave show! Brook was able to snag us a 5th FP for Pooh, and then a 6th FP for the teacups. The 7th FP she got us REALLY EXCITED HER!! She was SHOCKED that she found us a FP for PETER PAN!! We both love PP ...it's so cute! While in line for PP she got us an 8th FP for her new fave ride, the HM. We wandered around the gift shop first and then made our way onto the ride. She was able to get us a 9th FP for Pirates, but after HM we decided that we were tired and called it a night, so we cancelled it and headed back to bed

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Your TR with the pictures of you and your daughter together is getting me excited for our weekend in two weeks - we'll be in DLP for the half marathon weekend and it is rare that my DD and I are at a Disney park alone, but for this time we'll be there a day before our friends - and I am looking forward to it being just the two of us for the day.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Saturday, Aug 19th

This day we headed for HS in the morning. We headed right for our first FP of the day which was expiring soon. After our ride on Rock n Roller Coaster I needed something to eat. I hadn't been feeling too well, but my complaint was a weird one! I kept having what felt like HORRIBLE hunger pains for a few days. The problem was, was that they never went away even after eating! They were keeping me up at night and just generally putting a damper on things for me. This particular morning they were BAD. We stopped at Starbucks for some breakfast. I got a fruit smoothie and some fruit and Brook opted for a breakfast sammich and some sort of iced coffee. We ate standing at one of the tables outside and then headed towards our next FP, ToT. We're not show people, nor are we crazy about Star Tours, so we headed back to CBR after ToT and decided to go to Blizzard Beach for the rest of the afternoon. Here's where things got crazy!...

We arrived at BB and strolled on up to the entrance and when Brook scanned her MB Mickey turned blue. I tried mine and had no luck as well. We were told to head over to the ticket window and see what was going on. There was no line an Teri called us up. I explained that we went to enter the park and were both turned away, which made no sense becasue we BOTH had Platinum Plus AP's. She asked for Brook's MB and then asked me if I had bought her a ticket. I said yes and explained that we upgraded to AP's just 6 months before on our last trip. I told her we had just come from HS a few hrs ago and not only that, but we had been here for a few days park hopping and had no issues. She went back to typing and turned her screen around for me to look at and she explained that when she scanned her MB there was no info at all coming up. She tried by Brook's full name and again...nothing! She asked me again if we had tickets and I pulled out my phone and showed her all our ADR's...room reservation and memory makers pix lol. She scanned my MB and said that I only had whatever pass doesn't include the water parks. She was stumped so she called over Jillian who was training to be a manager. After a few mins Jillian said she had never seen anything like this and called over Mitchell who was wearing what the VIP guides wear( those plaid vests). By this time an hour had gone by and we were SWELTERING!! It was sooooo freakin hot and the ticket window was around the side of the building, not in the front under the umbrellas. Teri felt bad and gave us some temporary tattoos lol...uhhh thanks! So Mitchell comes back and says there must have been some sort of glitch and to fix it they were going to have to re-sell me an AP for Brook. I was all prepared to just pay for us to get in, even tho I was annoyed that the guy who originally sold us the passes gave us the wrong ones. I guess it's my fault for not checking somehow, but ya live and learn. So...Mitchell finally gets us all set up and tells me he is comping BOTH of our entries to BB AND giving us 3 each anytime FPs for our last 2 days because the next day was our tour day and we wouldn't need any FP's that day;) The whole thing took almost 2 hrs!!! I thank them all profusely and off we went! Phew!

We stopped to get some towels and the lady there asked to see our room key because towels are free for guests staying on prop. I show her my magic band and she says, ''No, I need to see you room key, like how you open your door.'' I'm stumped and say....''Uhhh this is the key...'' Then she says she needs to see my room reservation number! So I dig out my phone and pull up MDE and show her my ressie...FINALLY, we are off to explore the park which we have been at for over 2 hours now and have done absolutely NOTHING!! We grabbed a locker and then needed some lunch before hitting the slopes, slides or whatever they're called....

gdisneyfans

Saturday, Aug 19th

This day we headed for HS in the morning. We headed right for our first FP of the day which was expiring soon. After our ride on Rock n Roller Coaster I needed something to eat. I hadn't been feeling too well, but my complaint was a weird one! I kept having what felt like HORRIBLE hunger pains for a few days. The problem was, was that they never went away even after eating! They were keeping me up at night and just generally putting a damper on things for me. This particular morning they were BAD. We stopped at Starbucks for some breakfast. I got a fruit smoothie and some fruit and Brook opted for a breakfast sammich and some sort of iced coffee. We ate standing at one of the tables outside and then headed towards our next FP, ToT. We're not show people, nor are we crazy about Star Tours, so we headed back to CBR after ToT and decided to go to Blizzard Beach for the rest of the afternoon. Here's where things got crazy!...

We arrived at BB and strolled on up to the entrance and when Brook scanned her MB Mickey turned blue. I tried mine and had no luck as well. We were told to head over to the ticket window and see what was going on. There was no line an Teri called us up. I explained that we went to enter the park and were both turned away, which made no sense becasue we BOTH had Platinum Plus AP's. She asked for Brook's MB and then asked me if I had bought her a ticket. I said yes and explained that we upgraded to AP's just 6 months before on our last trip. I told her we had just come from HS a few hrs ago and not only that, but we had been here for a few days park hopping and had no issues. She went back to typing and turned her screen around for me to look at and she explained that when she scanned her MB there was no info at all coming up. She tried by Brook's full name and again...nothing! She asked me again if we had tickets and I pulled out my phone and showed her all our ADR's...room reservation and memory makers pix lol. She scanned my MB and said that I only had whatever pass doesn't include the water parks. She was stumped so she called over Jillian who was training to be a manager. After a few mins Jillian said she had never seen anything like this and called over Mitchell who was wearing what the VIP guides wear( those plaid vests). By this time an hour had gone by and we were SWELTERING!! It was sooooo freakin hot and the ticket window was around the side of the building, not in the front under the umbrellas. Teri felt bad and gave us some temporary tattoos lol...uhhh thanks! So Mitchell comes back and says there must have been some sort of glitch and to fix it they were going to have to re-sell me an AP for Brook. I was all prepared to just pay for us to get in, even tho I was annoyed that the guy who originally sold us the passes gave us the wrong ones. I guess it's my fault for not checking somehow, but ya live and learn. So...Mitchell finally gets us all set up and tells me he is comping BOTH of our entries to BB AND giving us 3 each anytime FPs for our last 2 days because the next day was our tour day and we wouldn't need any FP's that day;) The whole thing took almost 2 hrs!!! I thank them all profusely and off we went! Phew!

We stopped to get some towels and the lady there asked to see our room key because towels are free for guests staying on prop. I show her my magic band and she says, ''No, I need to see you room key, like how you open your door.'' I'm stumped and say....''Uhhh this is the key...'' Then she says she needs to see my room reservation number! So I dig out my phone and pull up MDE and show her my ressie...FINALLY, we are off to explore the park which we have been at for over 2 hours now and have done absolutely NOTHING!! We grabbed a locker and then needed some lunch before hitting the slopes, slides or whatever they're called....
Oh goodness what a fiasco! 2 hours to get it all figured out:jawdrop::grumpy:

Jedi Stitch

Good to hear that you got figured out. Sorry you had to swelter for a couple of hours. Glad to hear that they set you up with anytime FP, because I couldn't imagine having all my stuff set up and then loosing it and not being able to enjoy the rides its takes months to get FP for.

amjt660

Premium Member
2 hour wait to get into a water park and then you have to justify taking a towel??

So much for the laid back, go with the flow type vacay for Courtney and Brook

I again remind you of my original suggestion for the theme of this trip was:

"Courtney and Brook do Disney - Girls gone wild - WDW style"

I know, maybe next time.;)

Max

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Blizzard Beach Con't...

We decided to hit up Lottawatta Lodge(I just got the meaning of it while typing lol) for lunch. Since we had spent 43 hrs at the front gate I was STARVING, but we had an ADR at Brook's Fave place, LTT in just a few hours. We decided to share a pepperoni flatbread, fries and a frozen hot choc. The lodge was VERY busy and we wasted ANOTHER hour ordering, waiting for the food and then finally eating it! We did however get a free frozen blue rasp lemonade when the CM messed up our drinks. It was really good, but the frozen hot choc was AMAZING! Sooo yummy! Brook didn't care for the fries, (they were steak fries) and I didn't really care for the flatbread...it was limp and greasy lol. But we sure ate it all lol...like I said ...we were STARVING!

After lunch we hit up the lazy river, which is of course the best part of any water park ;) We didn't stay too long, and hopped out at the next entry/exit point. We wanted to explore the park since it was Brook's first time, and my first time since I was 13 in 1995. Nothing looked familiar to me, so it was my first time too lol. We saw the ski left and had to try it out. Very neat, but of course we got stuck for 5-7 mins in the blazing sun...yuck! It was a fun ride tho. Next we rode Teamboat Springs and the dad of the family we were riding with kept trying to hook Brook up with his son...we just politely smiled, nodded and hoped for him to shut up. He did thankfully...and we had a good time the rest of the way down. Afterwards, Brook had her eye on Summit Plummit, but the wait time was wayyyy too long at 45 mins, so we did the Tobaggan Rcaers instead. They were lots of fun!! I was just glad I didn't come in last...Brook was a close second place. Next we rode a little kiddie slide and then checked out the wave pool. We agreed that TL's is MUCH BETTER AND BIGGER! After getting tossed around in the pool we went to the lazy river again, but this time we floated around for an hour. It was heaven! I had to drag Brook out, but we needed to head back and get ready for dinner and our night at the MK.

Our Uber driver was awesome, very nice guy. He was a wounded vet in his 30's and we were one of his first customers. He asked us what we looked for in a good uber driver, like what makes me give 5 stars. It was a pleasant ride.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Saturday, Aug 19th con't...

Wow! Sorry for my absence. So we left BB and headed back to CBR to get ready for dinner at Brook's must -do for EVERY trip, LTT. We were running late so I checked the app to see if I could push our ressie back and luckily I was able to. We got to the MK and stopped in Memento Mori so Brook could take another look inside her new fave shop. After a few mins of browsing and chatting with a CM, we made our way over to LTT. It. was. packed. We checked in and were told that they were running about 20 mins behind and they would text us when our table was ready. Fine with us, we were in no rush. We walked over to Brook's fave pin trading spot in the MK, the old trading post. Brook always get attention when she whips out her pin book, so we spent our whole wait time chatting with CM's and other guests. I received our text and we headed back to the restaurant. The place was still crazy and chaotic. When I approached the CM's to let them know we had gotten our text I was told to wait until our name was called. A few mins later, I thought I heard it called, but if it was our name it was barely audible. Brook asked if that was us and the CM repeated the name but it sounded NOTHING like our last name. She showed us the ticket and sure enough it was our name! Dinner was delish, and it was actually the first time I REALLY enjoyed everything. Yes, we eat here all the time, but only because it's Brook's one request. I was stuffed halfway thru, but Brook plowed on. I was really excited to FINALLY be able to try the ooey gooey toffee cake!!
ooeygooey.jpg

Brook LOVEDDDDD it, I didn't care for it. It had an odd after taste to me...sad. After dinner we decided to head out and get a good night's sleep for our VIP Tour the next morning!! We had to be at the MK by 815am!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Sunday, August 20th..TOUR DAY!!

We were both REALLY looking forward to this day for weeks! We got up bright and early as the tour started at 8:30. We ere told to arrive by 8:15 at TL Terrace. We got to the MK at 8:20 and rushed down MS. There were about 50 other people of all ages waiting at tables for everyone to arrive, thankfully we weren't the last ones to arrive. Upon check-in we were given cooling towels, a bottle of water and lanyards that said VIP on them, fancy! We were split up into groups, we were the blue group and off we went. We headed over to Adventureland and waited for it to open. PoC was to be our first ride of the day! While waiting we all went around an introduced ourselves. When it was my turn I simply said, ''My name is Courtney, this is my 17 year daughter Brooklyn, and we're from Philly.'' From behind me I hear...'' NO WAY!! My NAME is Courtney and this is MY daughter Brooke!'' They were from San Diego and our 2 Brook's had a lot in common( expect for the fact that my Brook has no ''E'' :p) which they found out as the day went on. That was the first time I'd ever met a Courtney that was OLDER than me. When it was time for us to move on the crowd that had gathered with us to wait started to boo us as we headed in first. :joyfull:
We rode Pirates, Splash and then Big Thunder all thru the FP lines. After that it was time for a 15 min bathroom break. It was so freakin hot by this time which was around 10:30 am-ish. We caught a few mins of the Muppet's and then headed over to ride HM. We were escorted thru a back way...fancy! Next, we made our way over to 7D and Space Mtn which the older Courtney chose not to ride. Luckily, she had 2 daughters with her so they at least had each other to ride with. After Space it was time catch our van to Epcot!! While waiting for our van we were offered more cold Dasani's.

Our chariot arrived and whisked us over to Epcot. Backstage was really cool!! look what I spotted!!!
MAELSTROMBOATS.jpg

We headed over to Sunshine Season's which was new to Brook and I and somewhere I've always wanted to eat!! The price of the tour included lunch so we were each able to choose any entree, beverage and dessert. We were both very happy with our choices! Everything was delicious. My plate is the beef lo mein and strawberry shortcake and Brook's was the sweet n sour chicken with a Mickey oreo cheesecake. Mmm.
TOURLUNCH.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Tour Day con't...

Before leaving for Soarin' Brook had to use the bathroom. Of course as soon as she walked away we were all rounded up and told to head to the ride. I threw away our trash and waited for Brook over by the restrooms. When she came out she asked...''Did you grab my pins?'' Ughhh!! I didn't realize that she had left them at the table!!! She ran back over to our table and called me saying she didn't see them. I felt sick thinking of the money, time and enjoyment she put into that collection..thankfully she spotted them on a chair and all was ok! Phew, crisis averted! We all headed over to Soarin' and after that caught our van over to HS. While there were rode RnRC, ToT, TS and ST. I was most excited for Toy Story because we never pick that for one of our FP's. It was only my 2nd time ever riding it! I wasn't sure if we'd be able to ride Star Tours because we had a 325-425 pm FP for FoP at AK and there was NOTHING that was gonna keep us from riding that! After Star Tours we all said our goodbyes and Brook and I headed over to the Express Bus stop area and waited for a bus to AK. Of course we had JUST missed a bus so we sat and waited for about 10 mins.

TOURGUIDE.jpg

EMPTYBUSTOAKAFTERTOUR.jpg

We arrived at AK with plenty of time to get to FoP. We walked rather quickly thru the queue because there were people right on our heels, otherwise we would have taken our time and taken everything in. The ride was INCREDIBLE...very cool! We were both VERY IMPRESSED, and so glad we got to experience it. We looked aound the gift ship quickly because it was very crowded and headed over to try some Night Blossoms. YUMMMM!! These were SOOO GOOD! Another item added to our must-do list! They were very refreshing!
NIGTHBLOSSOM.jpg

We walked slowly with our drinks towards Asia because if you remember we had 3 anytime FP's to use from our BB debacle along with the 3 FP's I had scheduled for us back in June on our FP day! We rode Kali with our anytime FP and then headed over Everest. We rode that twice, once with an anytime FP and once with a reg FP. Next we headed over to one of our faves, Primevel Whirl. We rode that the same as Everest, twice in a row. Next, we stopped in the gift shop right by there because it had started to rain. There was some sort of commotion going on...from what we could hear a little boy attempted to steal a poncho...his mother was upset for 2 reasons, 1 being she raised a thief, ( he was old enough to know better...prob 9-10) and other one being that she had a poncho for him in her backpack which she proceeded to open up and show the many CM's that had gathered around. The CM's then GAVE the kid the poncho for FREE!!! WHAT?! :banghead:

We headed out and walked over to Dinosaur to finish up the last of our anytime FP's and then returned to our room. It was a longggggg, hot day and we were looking forward to spending the rest of the night cooling off in the room.

Around 9:30pm I asked Brook if she wanted to get room service or head over and check out the buffet which I said we wouldn't go near. In the end we decided to check out the buffet because at this point we had been relaxing in the room for about 2 hrs. We waited for almost 20 mins for the stupid resort shuttle, and when we got off we realized that we could have walked in about 5-7 mins:rolleyes::banghead::cautious: The buffet was cheap...something like $20 per person..maybe a lil more. No AP discount tho. I thought it was really ghetto, they shouldn't have even bothered! They were showing the nightly movie on one of the tent walls, so you could BARELY see it...the picture was so faint. The food was....edible. There was regular buffet and a kids buffet. All I have written in my notes food wise is..turkey, BBQ wings, mashed and baked pots, rice n beans and some of the kids selections which were pasta, chicken nuggets and mac n chz. There was a big dessert case as well. In the end I wished we hadn't wasted our time. Oh well, ya live and learn! We walked back to our room and watched TV for a bit before falling asleep. Tomorrow was our last full day!!!:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom