What do you like/dislike about...Pt. 1

Dawn S

Original Poster
Specifically, what do you like/dislike about.... COP?
(In your honor, Dan :animwink: )

I love the detail of each "scene"...everything is done up really nice & quite authentic for each time period. That's what keeps me going back to it. I also hold it dear just because of what it was to Walt.

As far as what I don't like about it...I always felt like it was a little long. I also don't think it's cosmetically kept up as well as it could be.

I'd really like to see it back up to being open constantly again. This "seasonal" stuff stinks. :mad:

David

OK, this is really going to sound corny, but to me, CoP just reminds me of Walt Disney. Watching him introduce segments on The Wonderful World of Disney, he always seemed so "grandfatherly", fun, smart...and I get the same feeling when watching CoP. True, it may be a slow paced ride, but I just enjoy the feeling that I get when I am in there. It's like Walt is there, telling the story again.

I do not like the facade of the building that houses CoP. It needs something to draw attention to it. Of course, I do not think Disney will spend any more money on doing that if they really are intending to close it for good...or should I say close it permanently. I don't think closing it IS for good!

Hang on, CoP. 142 days to go!

NowInc

*cracks knuckles*...oh Dawn..you opened a can of worms on this one..hehe...but here it goes..

I personally HATE CoP (No big secret around here)...I find it long, boring...takes up too much space...uses too much power..and it costs too much money..

this does NOT mean i dont respect it for what it is...in fact...as I have stated here many times...I would LOVE to see it MOVED (not DESTROYED) to a Museum where it would be properly maintained. Disney treats it badly (duh), and I think CoP would go nicely as the centerpeice of a Walt Disney wing in the smithsonian...don't you agree?

tenchu

Originally posted by NowInc
*cracks knuckles*...oh Dawn..you opened a can of worms on this one..hehe...but here it goes..

I personally HATE CoP (No big secret around here)...I find it long, boring...takes up too much space...uses too much power..and it costs too much money..

this does NOT mean i dont respect it for what it is...in fact...as I have stated here many times...I would LOVE to see it MOVED (not DESTROYED) to a Museum where it would be properly maintained. Disney treats it badly (duh), and I think CoP would go nicely as the centerpeice of a Walt Disney wing in the smithsonian...don't you agree?

Boo, save the cop!

disneyfan123

I love the detail of every scene and that very catchy tune.... "There's a great big beautiful tommorrow........"

*only 49 days to go*
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

General Grizz

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress: The Second Best Magical Attraction at the Magic Kingdom.

For me, I LOVE the Carousel Theater of Progress. I have ridden two of the three versions in my life...however, the new version (1994-now) is the best yet.

Yep, this IS Walt Disney. No other attraction EVER in Walt Disney World or Disneyland has captured not only Walt's visions, but his humor, his ambititons, and truly his spirits. No attraction never will.

I have recently seen my love for the CoP blossom. I have been in love with the Carousel of Progress Family...and it's one of the only attractions left in 'the world' that reminds me of my childhood and the 'golden days' of the Magic Kingdom.

I try to stay at least for 3 showings every time it is open now. Sometimes, 6. I first visited the MK without a Carousel Theater this past April. It was a very emotional experience. However, I did meet Walt outside of this attraction in a rather emotional experience that I do not wish to discuss at this moment.

Anyway, back to the topic, not only is this attraction hilarious at points, but it is one of the best coordinations of animatronics, props, and lights I have ever seen.

Walt Disney IS the Carousel of Progress. This is the closest we can get to him, folks!!

LONG LIVE THE CAROUSEL!

WE LOVE YOU!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

TURKEY

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

I have recently seen my love for the CoP blossom. I have been in love with the Carousel of Progress Family...and it's one of the only attractions left in 'the world' that reminds me of my childhood and the 'golden days' of the Magic Kingdom.

Griz has a crush on Patricia. :D

I really like this attraction. From being as Disney as Disney gets now to just the aspects of the show (a progression thru time).

The one thing I do not like is the last scene. With the present now being the 21st century, I would like to see a last scene with either actual technology and devices (no talking oven, DVD instead of laser disc) or a scene that is further in the future with nothing that is being used or near use today.

General Grizz

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Griz has a crush on Patricia. :D

YOU BET I DO! I developed it last February... :D

I don't see anything wrong with the final scene, but sure, laserdisks are old, and etc. I wouldn't mind that scene changing...however I like the "music theme" there - bcha..bhca...bcha... ^_^

Nevermind :p

DanStat

Point/Counterpoint

I like that it is nostalgic, and a part of Walt's "vision".

I don't like that it is not being properly utilized. ;)

DisneyHog6

I love CoP! The music is cool, and I love the little walk through history it takes us on. It's just a great all around attraction. It's classic Disney at it's best. It's not the most exciting, but in my opinion, it's a don't miss attraction, and I think it's very sad that I have to miss it because it's never open. I have no choice but miss it because it's kept from me.:mad:

There really isn't anything about CoP that I don't like. I agree the last scene is a little cheesy, but it's funny, it still makes me chuckle, so I still like it. That's it. CoP is a great attraction, open it, take care of it, and leave it be.

gjpjtj

The only problem I have with COP, is it is never open when I visit!! But I will keep my fingers crossed, and try again in Sept.:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom