What do you do until trip?

Patcheslee

Original Poster
So since deciding to go last August, we are down to 50 days till we fly out. ADR done, FP done, reading way overdone. Now I'm sitting here tapping my foot waiting to leave. So what does everyone else do once all the planning is done? I'm obviously on forums, and writing down arraignments we have to make for pets, mail, the norm. Still the days are starting to draaaaaag.

cdndisneygirl9

I make one (or many) packing list(s), purchase new toiletries, coordinate outfits, jewellery, etc...
As it gets even closer, I pack my travel folder (hotel/park info, magical express info, flight/boarding passes).
I am a planner, most would say an over- planner, but it is all due to the excitement of going to the place that holds my heart.:happy:

Courtney6682

So since deciding to go last August, we are down to 50 days till we fly out. ADR done, FP done, reading way overdone. Now I'm sitting here tapping my foot waiting to leave. So what does everyone else do once all the planning is done? I'm obviously on forums, and writing down arraignments we have to make for pets, mail, the norm. Still the days are starting to draaaaaag.

I like to read Trip reports and looks at menu's cons.tant.ly lol

Patcheslee

Original Poster
I make one (or many) packing list(s), purchase new toiletries, coordinate outfits, jewellery, etc...
As it gets even closer, I pack my travel folder (hotel/park info, magical express info, flight/boarding passes).
I am a planner, most would say an over- planner, but it is all due to the excitement of going to the place that holds my heart.:happy:
DH said I was overplanning when he saw the wallet size laminates lol. 1 for each days park with ADR, FP scheduled, 4th FP that'd be ideal, parade and nightime shows, and couple notes about side stuff. I'd rather not spend my time looking on my phone, pulling out a map, and an app to load just for one thing. Yeah I sneak a peak at a few books when DD isn't around since it's still a suprise.

KrzyKtty

Listen to Audio Guides and Disney Music. I also check over my plans and packing guides. I double check the budget all the time lol! Also watch Youtube videos with my kids to get them excited.

Since1976

I like to spend some time planning my must-do family photo locations. I'll sometimes dig out old photos and think about how to try to re-create them (time of day, wear the same clothes?)

danyoung56

I do kind of an odd thing on the passing of time. I used to have a daily countdown that started a couple months out. But now I just break down the week in sections. For instance, today (Wednesday) is 2 weeks from my next WDW visit. Tomorrow and the next day will be just under 2 weeks, Saturday and Sunday will be a week & a half, Monday and Tuesday will be just over 1 week, and of course next Wednesday my trip will be 1 week away. It's kinda crazy, but it does seem to make the time go by faster.

And as others have said, the closer the trip comes the more I'm surfing online forums, watching my collection of Disney park video, listening to Disney park music, and just basically immersing myself in the Disney culture. But I'm with you - time does seem to drag!!!

JIMINYCR

Immerse myself in every Disney movie and cartoon shorts ever made. Listen to every Disney CD in my collection, especially ones featuring park attraction themes. Continue to plan, adjust, add, tweak, review, adjust, every minute detail. Watch endless ride videos and dream of the day I'll be sitting there in person. Review packing lists and shop for snacks and other things I can't do without. Harass all my friends daily with details about how much fun I'm going to be having in x days.
Those last 10 days especially are mind wracking. One day I'll install a hyper space sleep chamber in my home and sleep away those last days, waking up in time to start the trip south.

DisneyPrincess5

A long time ago, a member on here gave the cool suggestion of doing daily drawings. You and your family members make a daily drawing of something at Disney or related to it that isn't necessarily easy or artistic, and they have to guess what it is. Examples are drawings representing a Disney lyric, or a special food item found throughout the resort, or play on words drawings. DH and I have done this and it was super fun and funny, and it got us even more excited for our trip!

jazznrachie

Study menus, google food photos, look at my old photos, try to immerse myself in other stuff non Disney, buy new clothes for the trip, and wait... 184 days to go for me. It's almost ADR day!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom