What do you do to keep the magic real between visits?

experiment624

Original Poster
We accessorize our lives with things we enjoy, like Disney. So aside from the forums we all here enjoy, I get my Disney "fix" daily with the Disney Coffees and Wonderland Tea. What do you do to keep the magic real between visits?

Mukta

When I am missing the parks, I watch ride videos on youtube, visit discussion boards and look through pictures from past visits.

pixiesteno

use my resort refillable mugs, check the boards here, price out possible trips, watch my collection of Disney Parks DVDs from the shows that aired on travel channel, look through photos from prior trips

powlessfamily4

I have, what my husband refers to as my Disney shrine in my den. It is comprised of water globes, photopass albums, many framed pictures in Disney frames. I gaze it each time I walk past it and feel that little spark of magic knowing I have already planned the next trip. At the end of the day I go to my bedroom and I scream, cry, kick and wet the bed just thinking about the fact I am not there.
;)

ExtinctJenn

I visit this forum and take in as much Disney-talk as I can to satisfy the craving between visits. I also subscribe to a ton of Disney News newsletters and YouTubers so I can at least see things that are going on, even if not first hand. Additionally, we have a room in our house that we call "The WDW Room." It has lithographs on the walls from the parks, shelving with Vinylmation, a monorail setup around the wall and (coming soon) will have curtains to match Sorcerer Mickey's robe (red velvet, blue velvet valance, gold tassled tie backs).

bgraham34

I visit the forums a lot. I listen to park music mostly everyday. I drink my coffee out of a Disney mug and I dream about Disney World all the time.

annawilliams

I love watching the Samantha Brown Disney episodes. Takes me home. :) I listen to a lot of park music, watch a lot of youtube videos, and have a cool scrapbook I made of our trips there. All of them keep that magic going!

graphite1326

Due to rising costs of everything and lack of my bank account being unable to match. I believe that my trip in two weeks will be my last. I just can't keep up. So there will be a depression for a while i guess

wiigirl

75.gif
NOT peek at my credit card bill from the last visit!

Lol...that always does it for me! :p

rsoxguy

I have my daughter eat a chili cheese dog, wear a clothes pin on her nose, and belch in my face while speaking in a nasal voice.

maryszhi

NOT peek at my credit card bill from the last visit!
amen! also i watch youtube videos, or look at old photo album/ home movies from my previous trips. planning another trip somewhere takes the sting out if there is one that needs planning. also making wdw food for breakfast/lunch/dinner/ or dessert also helps.

maryszhi

Agreed. There's so much new stuff now. Maybe they will do one on the new fantasyland? We can only hope. :)
i have a feeling there will be a tv special to promote it. i wish disney would go back and do tv specials on abc of different things, like new fantasyland. i was very surprised they did not have a 50th special for disneyland, or 40 for disney world :( there once was a time where any major holiday and/ or theme park event or anniversary waranted a special. also remember in the late 80s early 90s when every major sitcom some how went to a disney park/cruise/ disney trip? example: full house, step by step, roseanne, boy meets world, sabrina the teenage witch, family matters, according to jim, etc. modern family is the only one i can think of in modern time, and i was just two months ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom