What do WdWmagicers really think?

Has WDW changed for the better over the last decade

• It's gotten way worse. No Horizons, WoM, B-Mode, don't even get me started on the Studios.

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • It's better. No contest. Soarin', Everest, the Nemo musical, TSMM, etc.

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Meh. It's a push.

Votes: 39 45.9%

• Total voters

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
So...the dark times thread got me to thinking. We talk about the stuff on here again and again. Let's have a vote. What do we really think about what's happened at WDW the last 10 years?

maggiegrace1

Horizons is gone
World of Motion is gone
Mr. Toad is gone
If you had Wings is gone..may be longer then 10 years ..I have no clue..

Mission Space is yucky!
Test Track is meh!
Buzz is okay!
Winnie the Pooh is okay!

I prefer the way it was 10 years ago but..things change, nothing stays the same..I will continue to go to WDW because no matter what it makes me happy, I have an EPIC time with my husband and daughter and there will always be something there to make me smile!

:D

disneysroyal411

Though I am youth and never have had the chance to experience the classics of the past I would more or so assume that the rides of the past are excellent. Although us kin of today's generation may prefer more of a thrill, I am caught in the past of Disney's grand old line up of wonderful attractions.

Dinoman96

I didn't say it went horrifically downhill, I just hate coming on here and hearing nothing real exciting in the news section. And, as I said before, all what WDW is getting is remakes. Fantasyland looks pretty, but it seems to appeal more to girls than everyone. I wouldn't mind as much if they had another land that would appeal to everyone (I.E Beastly Kingdom). Yeah, yeah, I know about Star Tours 2. However...it will probably be made with George Lucas, and....yeah, you get my point.

:S

ABigBrassBand

It hit a "bottom" moment, but they are coming back up, just give them time...looking at all the attractions I have missed, I prefer the WDW of 10 years ago.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I think comparing this past decade (2000 to 2009) to the previous one (1990-1999) is quite difficult (and somewhat unfair). Things that were considered exciting, interesting, or cutting edge in 1990 would be laughable now if they still existed without any major upgrades. And as we all know, major upgrades/refurbs are hard to come by these days. The 90's were an amazing time for WDW. Of course things from then seemed better. They were making money hand over fist and that money was well spent to expand the resort rapidly. The same will never be said about the 00's. A majority of the past decade has been spent in a post 9/11 world that had a major impact on tourism for at least 3-4 years after. Just as things began to rebound, the economy tanked. Less money coming in means having to tighten the budget.

Sure, there are things from the 90s that I miss but we got some pretty nifty stuff out of the 00s. There is no way to keep WDW current and innovative without replacing attractions with entirely new experiences. Change is inevitable...and necessary. I am just as excited to see what comes out of the next decade as I was with the previous one. I think the FLE is a great way to kick off the 2010s.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
"WdWmagicers?" I thought we agreed it was "WEDHeads!"
While I can see why some would say it's gotten worse, I think that if some of those old attractions were still around, I'd feel pretty cheated in all honesty.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Computer Magic

Horizons is gone
World of Motion is gone
Mr. Toad is gone
If you had Wings is gone..may be longer then 10 years ..I have no clue..

Mission Space is yucky!
Test Track is meh!
Buzz is okay!
Winnie the Pooh is okay!

I prefer the way it was 10 years ago but..things change, nothing stays the same..I will continue to go to WDW because no matter what it makes me happy, I have an EPIC time with my husband and daughter and there will always be something there to make me smile!

:D
Dana, I totally agree with your post. WDW is nothing like the time between 1995 - 2002. Those are our best trips. Times change and I still enjoy the place because it my time away from the real world.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
"WdWmagicers?" I thought we agreed it was "WEDHeads!"
While I can see why some would say it's gotten worse, I think that if some of those old attractions were still around, I'd feel pretty cheated in all honesty.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Missed the thread/memo. :lol:

So, my feeling that it's a push is slightly ahead of the other two choices which are tied. 40/30/30. One of the closest polls ever.

When I go through things in my mind (my first trip was when I was 3 in 72), over the last 10 yrs there's been a fair bit of activity and for everything I do like, there's something I don't like (roughly speaking). Thus, I suppose I come off as inconsistent when we debate these things.

Master Gracey 5

Push right now, but I'm optimistic that the decision makers have been working hard the past year or two and we'll be enjoying better parks in 5 years. Thing are already turning around for the better which cancels out a lot of the bad decisions and cutbacks from the first half of the decade.

rodserling27

I think it's a bit of a push, but the future is looking brighter. Sure, plenty of things have gone sour, but that doesn't really detract from the overall amazingness from the world that is WDW. I can make a list of things that I can't stand about WDW, as I'm sure plenty of you can do as well. Sure, EPCOT used to be a hit-after-hit-after-hit when doing attractions in FW. But I still think the good outweighs the bad these days in a lot of ways.

wdwfan100

I would say a push eight now. As far as rides in The Parks go today's rides are way more advanced. I also think some of the classic rides should be off the table as far as replacing. I would hate to think of a haunted mansionless MK. That being said, I do believe that not all change is bad. Where I would say Disney is not as strong is in their creativeness. I am strongly opposed to the "third party" philosophy they seem to have adopted. I also feel park upkeep and cleanliness was better in the past

Astro_Digital

I would really pay good money to go to E.P.C.O.T. Ride the Classic Spaceship Earth, go to the Universe of Energy "WITHOUT ELLEN", ride Horizons, World of Motion, Imagination "Dreamfinder and Figment" Tour Communicore. I have pictures, videos, sound tracks but it is not the same. I have good memories of E.P.C.O.T

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Even though gotten worse is going to finish in last, I would think that management at Disney wouldn't want "it's a push" to be in first. Hopefully, "improved" will win easily when this decade is over.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Option Z Failure to adapt and maintain coupled with a lack of additional attractions has eroded its dominance over an ever improving opposition.

Ill be going elsewhere in 2011.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom