deleted

eliza61nyc

I don't know I think people here are selling the occasional visitor short.

lol , I must know some really weird people then or maybe the first timers I know are not average. lol. the folks I know while they may not be disney fans they do travel so they do their due diligence. I don't know anyone who spends thousands of dollars to go ANYWHERE and doesn't pick up a guide book. The young couples on my job usually ask the folks who have been a few times for their tips.

My first time I picked up a birnbaum guide to disney and we went through it. So sorry I do think many of the average guest know there are 4 distinct parks.

Especially the group that I call the youngins, the young parents with young kids, they maybe in their 30's. they grew up with the net and know how to research.

like others everyone I know who went to the world ended up going back two or three more times.

eliza61nyc

Now what I do believe is that the average guest is really not interested in what the parks "theme" is or if Epcot is adhering to the original intent or what it was like in 1975. I think they want to go on rides, they want to see their kids favorite characters and they want to have a good time.

SirWillow

I don't know I think people here are selling the occasional visitor short.

lol , I must know some really weird people then or maybe the first timers I know are not average. lol. the folks I know while they may not be disney fans they do travel so they do their due diligence. I don't know anyone who spends thousands of dollars to go ANYWHERE and doesn't pick up a guide book.

True of the majority of first time and occasional visitors, absolutely.

But I was surprised at the numbers that didn't have a clue about anything at the parks. You would think spending 1000's that they would do some research, but there are a bunch who don't- and make it glaringly obvious to the cast members. It's how I was able to make quite a stockpile of silly questions or comments that guests asked me when I worked there.

Shouldigo12

Going off of my mom's impressions-GB
HS (pre toy story)- Boring, empty, and confusing to navigate (may have been affected by us not having slwpt for the past 30 hours) but the 50s Prime Time was the best meal of the vacation (may have been affected by us not eating all day).
AK- Like a really cool zoo. The rides and shows were awesome and the safari was her favorite ride out of everything we went on. We even got to see a baby hippo. Her favorite park.
MK- she was disappointed you had to wait in line to meet characters and that you couldn't tour the castle, but agreed that it had the most to do by far. When she thought of Disney World MK was the only one that came close to what she imagined, although that does not mean she didn't love the other parks (minus HS).
EPCOT- Not interested in the rides, but she liked the world showcase and was charmed at how most of the cast members in each country were actually from that country. She mentioned that she hoped next time we come we can spend more time there, since we had to leave early to catch a flight.

jloucks

MK: "I remember this place from when I was a kid! I love it, but not totally sure why. I don't remember it this crowded. Hey! You just ran over my foot!"

EPCOT: "Oh wow, we can drink in the park? This is great! Did you see the place that sells kimonos?"

DHS: "I think that is the same set of live action shows from when I was here as a kid"

DAK: "This zoo is great! It is like a regular zoo on LSD. That pigeon sitting on the table doesn't look so good"

NickPytlinski

I ask because a good portion of our clients are first timers and those who want to take their one and only Disney trip, but we prepare them with our many years of knowledge and experience, our info we've learned from guidebooks, sites like these, so they go in well prepared - and therefore much more likely to know what to do to get the maximum enjoyment with the least amount of stress and most will then take another trip.

Post trip surveys of our clients sound nothing like the negative comments being posted here.

i wonder why some people keep visiting with some of the negativity on forums.
maybe because they dont feel confident in real life? to look tough on the internet? or to look more intellectual.
some posters on here are just simply bored.

its the most magical place in the world. why focus on negatives.

good post joe, thumbs up

Damon7777

The terribly casual/lukewarm WDW visitor has a poor command of very basic Disney terminology.

He would not know terms like: "cast member", "attractions", or "guest".

Speaking of attractions, he has a sporting chance of calling all of them "rides" even though shows are obviously attractions too.

He could easily skip Animal Kingdom and perhaps Magic Kingdom obtusely telling us, "we got a zoo back home in Cincinnati - no need to go there and I've already did Disney before in Los Angeles when I was a kid"

NickPytlinski

Ever consider that some of the negativity is posted with the intent of keeping the crowds as low as possible?

probably.

some would say its a selfish remark though.

others would look at the bigger picture and just see it for what it is. negative people wasting their money on something others love and enjoy, if you dont like it go somewhere else, let the 'first timers' and returners make their own minds up

po1998

I think any family with kids under the age of 10 will love it....doesn't matter which of the parks they go to.

Couples with teenagers or couples with no kids...If they are absolutely in love with Cedar Point, Six Flags, and thrill rides in general, and are forced to spend days watching shows and going on IaSW, CoP, AA, etc..., mixing in the occasional ToT or similar attraction, they will probably come back swearing never to go again. Too boring.

DisneyJoe

I think any family with kids under the age of 10 will love it....doesn't matter which of the parks they go to.

Couples with teenagers or couples with no kids...If they are absolutely in love with Cedar Point, Six Flags, and thrill rides in general, and are forced to spend days watching shows and going on IaSW, CoP, AA, etc..., mixing in the occasional ToT or similar attraction, they will probably come back swearing never to go again. Too boring.
Approx 1/3 of Disney guests for both the parks and DCL are couples with no kids - and many return.

aliceismad

Most of the "average" guests I know (I live in Colorado, so most of the people I know are occasional or one-time Disney visitors if at all) try to be well educated because if they're spending that much money, they want to do some research. Plus Disney makes it easy to get a lot of info online (despite some of it not always being right). There are always the small percentage of "dumb" people who go without any research, have no idea what a fast pass is, get angry because there are so many lines, get cranky because they didn't bring the right shoes/clothes/take into account that it's 90 degrees, etc. But they do that for all vacations, not just Disney. Most of the people I know who have gone just once loved the experience, but they can't afford to go often or they'd rather their family have other experiences as well.

There are a few people I've heard though who go to DLR, expect WDW to be just a bigger version and fail to properly plan.

MacVenture

Took a family of 5 (kids ages 13, 10,and 8) for the first time to WDW last year. This year we went back and they loved it even more. On our last day, the father left early for MK. I asked where he was and his wife replied, "He is at the ticketing office. We've decided to buy Annual passes! " WOW...

Trackmaster

I disagree with the premise. No person or couple who goes to Cedar Point could ever love Six Flags. They could tolerate it, but if you appreciate what CP does, you couldn't take the single train operations, trash thrown everywhere, gang violence, understaffing, and endless lines for concessions. You go to Six Flags parks to get the coasters in and get out, or because you're poor and its a $60 season pass.

I think that their appreciate of Disney would depend on their approach and the day. If they either got lucky, or did their research and planned, and hit a very slow day with short lines and no crowds, they would probably love the parks... but wish there were more coasters... but get ecstatic when they see that you can carry alcohol anywhere but MK.

If they hit horrendous crowds with no plan, they'd probably wonder why they're waiting three hours to ride a little mine train and 3-D movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom