• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

What Do "Average Guests" Think About Each Park?

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
Original Poster
I was wondering what the people here think the "average guest" opinions are on each of the four parks. I would define an average guest as someone that just casually plans a WDW vacation and visits rarely. This type of person would not know a site like this even exists, so regardless of your opinions about the current direction the parks are going, if you visit this site on a somewhat regular basis I would not count you as an average guest. My theory is that it goes something like this:

MK: "I'm going to Disney World! You know, that theme park with the castle!"

EPCOT: "This place sucks! The only good ride here is Frozen! And what is up with that giant golf ball??"

DHS: "Wait where is Harry Potter?"

DAK: "It's nice but it's just like my local zoo with a couple rides. The worst part about it is that lame Avatar area. I was hoping it would be about The Last Airbender but instead it's about some movie I've never heard of!"

Curious about what you guys think their thoughts are...

larryz

Well-Worn Member
Premium Member
Advertisement
Average guest: "I don't mind visiting Walt Disney World once, but why on earth do all these people keep coming back over and over??? It's expensive, crowded, old, and hotter than blazes!"

Po'Rich

Honestly, I think the average guest is blown away by Walt Disney World. Mostly likely, they have been to amusement parks in the past, so this is their reference for establishing their expectations when coming to Disney. Yet, when they get there, they find that Walt Disney World is so much more than just an amusement park. For every disgruntled "old timer" who says that he/she is never going again, there are scores of people who can't wait to return.

Damon7777

iHeartDisneyland,
I think you have a very firm grasp of the 'average/super casual' guest at WDW.

Those types:
1)mix up the names Disneyland, Magic Kingdom and Disney World. They commonly interchange all 3.

2)even after visiting both parks they would not appreciate or see the difference between Disneyland and MK.....exact same thing to them.

3) are likely to miss a superheadlining attraction out of sheer ignorance.

"We were going to go on it (FOP) but my husband's workmate told him it was just another 3D movie with long waits so we decided to do those spinning prime whirling things which we already had back home in Pennsylvania"

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

MK... Will immediately excite and impress them more than any other park because everyone get wowed by the castle, sound of the train, sounds and sights of the park, experiencing the major attractions. Once they are past that, I think the average guest will be more affected by the crowding situation thats been going on for a while. Their expectations of walking on rides, having a spot for parades, getting into restaurants will then affect the way they look at their vacation and desire to return.
Ep... A minority will enjoy the park. Impressed by the sight of SSE, but after that its a let down. Most wont appreciate the pavilions. Drinking, snacks, Soarin, Frozen and TT, after that....
AK... Too much walking in the heat and humidity. Confusing to get places. Along with the wait for FoP, will make them rethink going back.
DHS.. ToT & SW... thats it? Oh, the muppets.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
Original Poster
@iHeartDisneylandCats are you interested in those that book and plan their trips with a Disney focused travel agency? Or just those that book direct with Disney?
I don't really care either way. I'm mostly interested in the thoughts of those that don't know about or read sites like this one. AKA the people that don't follow Disney news or don't have an interest in it other than an occasional or one time trip.

Top Bottom