What Disneyana Do You Collect?

WV_Jayola

this could get interesting....

*takes deep breath*
Disney dvds (over a hundred and counting)
Disney shirts (every kind you can think of....from the parks, from the store, from the online store....if it's disney, it's my size, and i remotely like it, i have to have it...lol)
big figures (but i only have three so far....)
Jim Shore disney pieces.
EVERY POTC figure that's been made so far.
Disney books

i could keep going on....i pretty much buy anything that i see and can afford that is even remotely connected to disney. i have a sickness.....lol

i have actually been thinking of starting my own disney podcast (what a novel idea, huh? NONE of those around..lol), and a big focus of it will be on Disney.....stuff. Disneyana, if you will.

Me and the wife have a curios cabinet full of a bunch of cool disney stuff. I'll have to get a picture of it up on here, soon.

jeff.

EPCOT.nut

I've never seen that 1983 one. Very interesting.

EPCOT.Nut, how long have you been collecting?

Only about 5 years. I've always been one to keep little mementos of trips and had a decade long gap in my WDW visits...came back and realized a lot changed in EPCOT in the 90's while I was gone...and since everything seems to change all the time, I developed this psychological issue of hoarding old park memorabilia....:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

On a related note, I need to figure out how to get into the cases at the EPCOT 25th exhibit. :lol:
Meeee, tooooo! :D

blm07

Pins, shirts, books, videos (of the vacation planning and souvenir variety), postcards, hotel info stuff (room service menus, phone directory, any paper that isn't bolted down), posters, park tickets, I dunno pretty much anything I can find. I have a few snowglobes but I'm not a big collector.

Haha, basically anything that's free! Same here. I'll keep just about anything I see on paper that has to do with the parks. I've even been collecting some news paper articles / ads since about 2000.

I do collect some posters, and certainly audio & video. Also, when I've gone to one of the outlet stores or Mouse Surplus I'd pick up a few small cheaper items.

Green Lantern

Little free things like that are fun: pens from the resort, your expired room keys and tickets at the end of the trip, park maps, the photo pass cards they give out. Some of these things I wind up putting away for souveniers, and some I use as a bookmark for a book I read on my lunch break at work. It's nice to look at it and remember when.

My good friend works down in Walt Disney World and we send each other packages all the time. Many times he sends me all these cool little things I normally don't ever get to see. I get a ton of the Eyes and Ears papers castmembers get, and just little fun things. It helps keep the magic alive year round when we can't get down there.

Ilovewishes

I collect the Disney Classics figurines. I don't have many as they are so expensive in Britain and my DH hates them (they are in boxes at my mum's at the moment :() but I have Tigger and Roo from The Tigger Movie, Sultan from Aladdin, Jiminy Cricket, Trusty and pups from Lady & the Tramp, Snow White and six of the seven dwarves. But I'm gutted as they retired my dwarves before I got the last one and now I have to pay three times as much for the last one and DH won't let me :cry:

Green Lantern

I collect the Disney Classics figurines. I don't have many as they are so expensive in Britain and my DH hates them (they are in boxes at my mum's at the moment :() but I have Tigger and Roo from The Tigger Movie, Sultan from Aladdin, Jiminy Cricket, Trusty and pups from Lady & the Tramp, Snow White and six of the seven dwarves. But I'm gutted as they retired my dwarves before I got the last one and now I have to pay three times as much for the last one and DH won't let me :cry:

The classic pieces are so nice. My wife has the Beauty and the Beast set, Jessica Rabbit, Tarzan and Jane, and I think a few others but can't remember them at the moment.

I have most of the Nightmare Before Christmas ones, though I missed a few and need to get them. I also have Peter Pan and Captain Hook.

We have a few other things: statues, art, etc. One of my favorites is a piece of production art from The Black Cauldron.

I think you should finish the set of the Dwarves. Even if you have to save the cash on the side, get it now. Three times the price is of course bad, but don't wait too long before it is 5 times the original price!

irish_man

Cells for me. Bought one on our honeymoon as a reminder. That led to another, and another.... Then its onto ebay searching for some early discontinued ones etc...

MickeyspalJim

My Biggest collection would be My pin collection. Around 1000 So far. We have collected every Mickey Bobblehead statue they came out with. One statue each trip to WDW. Also each year since 2004, our First year as a couple, We started collecting The small statue of Mickey that has the year on it. Always the same statue, only the year is different, and sometimes the logo of the celebration going on. I would say over 100 Disney DVD's, Many photos, bought from many different locations. I have a Mickey snowglobe that has him laying down with many small Mickeys around him in small snowglobes. For Christmas, I got the Very Large MickeyMouse Statue in His Tuxedo. We have lots and lots of Plush Dolls. We started collecting the mickey and minnie doll from each holiday, as well. We were given many lenox collection statues, including Many different salt and Pepper shakers. I have collected Disney License plates for many many years now. The went from metal, to plastic, then metal, now both, but not too many to buy anymore. Seems like it was something they decided to stop. But that's all. :eek:

EPCOT.nut

Little free things like that are fun: pens from the resort, your expired room keys and tickets at the end of the trip, park maps, the photo pass cards they give out. Some of these things I wind up putting away for souveniers, and some I use as a bookmark for a book I read on my lunch break at work. It's nice to look at it and remember when.

Me, too! :eek: Nice to know there are others like me. I keep all the old tickets, photo pass cards and room keys in a small wooden "stash box" that also hold my old concert tickets.

Green Lantern

Oh yeah, I love collecting that stuff. Seems every trip we go on we get more. They make nice little keepsakes. Writstbands from certain events, napkins (clean of course) from parks, heck, even receipts. One time I tried to bring home a Doombuggy from the Haunted Mansion but couldn't figure out how to get it home. hehe

Epcot.nut, excellent Douglas Adams quote by the way! Also, I see you enjoy the old Atari 2600, very nice indeed! As much as I enjoy the video games of today, nothing brings back a nice wave of nostalgia than playing some old Atari games.

EPCOT Explorer

Well, this is about half of the paper stuff I have. Really can't photograph and post everything. :eek: It is a lot of fun to look back and see how things have changed. Especially the park maps and guides back in the good old days - they explained more - guess going to theme parks was a new thing and now we are all pros. :lol:

*drools*

Wow,you have some great stuff...

I do Pins mostly and EPCOT memorabilia.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16264477@N07/sets/72157605632145507/

This is my room,which houses all the stuff.

2580987761_677cc7e730.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom