What Disney things used to scare you when you were a kid?

jmorri26

Oh gosh... Who remembers the old Disney Sing Along called Disneyland Fun? The Great Outdoors segment with the Country Bears used freak me out! Who else can forget the Grim Grinning Ghosts part with the haunted trees and all of the villains? That used to give me nightmares!

I just bought it for my son not long ago on Amazon- it's still available on dvd. I LOVED this tape!

MomofKatie

I only visited Disney parks twice as a child, so I don't remember too many things that were scary.

Disneyland, age 5:
-Scared of the Matterhorn. I was too small to ride, but my older brother went on it, and I worried he would fall out.
-Screamed and cried on PotC. Thought the ship was shooting real cannonballs at us.

Disney World, age 7:
-My mean big brother told me Haunted Mansion was fun. He was wrong. I tried to climb my dad's leg in the Stretching Room and closed my eyes/ears through the rest.
-Thought the train was really going to hit us on Mr Toad's Wild Ride.
-Scared of the cave and the mine on Tom Sawyer Island.
-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea spooked me- I think I was claustrophobic in that submarine.

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
The Brave Little Toaster movie scene when the air conditioner goes berserk. Also in this movie when the evil clown appears in a creepy dream sequence.

Alice Through the Looking Glass (1985)
Okay, so this isn't a Disney film (I don't think), but it was shown on the Disney Channel way back in the day. The one character most kids remember is that %$#*&% Jabberwocky! The scene where it pushes Humpty Dumpty & starts chasing Alice through the woods. Another scene when it jumps out through a mirror. Another scene when it pops out of a birthday present & starts attacking the characters.

Bambi scene when they first reach the meadow. It's quiet, foggy, and Bambi's mother tells him to stay low while she checks it out first. Even though nothing bad/scary happens, it was very eerie when she's observing the meadow. The music score is spooky, and you keep wondering what's going to happen.

Pinocchio scene when Lampwick sprouts ears & transforms into a donkey.

The wolf from Lambert the Sheepish Lion cartoon short.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Large Marge scene. Another non-Disney film, but certainly shown on Disney Channel quite often back in the glory days. I'm sure you all remember Large Marge the truck driver. I'm sure you all remember what happens to her face. Enough said.
Yesterday I remembered this post and The Brave Little Toaster Air Conditioner scene so I watched it for the first time and even now I'm scared. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom