What Disney Ride Do Think Is Most Terrifying?

Pepper's Ghost

Soarin. I still ride it but use the extra strap in the middle when I go on it.
Funny that you say this. I never really thought of it. I'm not scared of heights, but heights that I'm standing next to or hanging over with a possibility of falling will give me pause. For example, I love flying in a plane, but don't think I'd ever jump out of one. I never really think of height when hanging on Soarin'.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
There are no seat belts on Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. Anyone with back/neck issues should not even think of freefalling at 60mph

I just went and watched the POV for this and that's got to be about the safest water slide I've ever seen for back issues. It's a smooth ride straight down with force that holds you right in place.

Maybe I missed your sarcasm because this is text lol

Lilofan

I just went and watched the POV for this and that's got to be about the safest water slide I've ever seen for back issues. It's a smooth ride straight down with force that holds you right in place.

Maybe I missed your sarcasm because this is text lol
Have you ridden it ? I haven’t don’t plan to but some I know had more pains after riding it.

Lilofan

No I'm not allowed to do water slides but that's because I have to avoid anything that can snap my neck, like slamming into the pool at high speeds from the slide. Also not allowed to surf anymore 😭 because I face plant a lot 😂
I miss Shark Reef at Typhoon lagoon. Doesn’t hurt any of my body but the 60 degree water when snorkeling above the baby sharks wakes you up!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Summit Plummet shouldn’t cause more than temporary pain from your back slapping onto the slide in the way down. I say this from experience, it’s not bad at all.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Summit Plummet shouldn’t cause more than temporary pain from your back slapping onto the slide in the way down. I say this from experience, it’s not bad at all.
Roughest ride at any Disney park is the Matterhorn. I was so excited for the ride that the first time then I was like , my back!

Rich T

No Disney park ride is particularly scary, but any of the Tower of Terror/Mission Breakout rides would be my pick. Great fun—Love that ride system!

For a truly terrifying ride, I pick Velocicoaster at Islands of Adventure. That thing is nearly two solid minutes of various ways to make riders feel as if they’re about to be hurled out of their seats. 😃

Cmdr_Crimson

Seeing how much your entire Disney trip was after leaving...
1569830416617.gif

Now That's a pretty Terrifying Ride all together....

Lilofan

No Disney park ride is particularly scary, but any of the Tower of Terror/Mission Breakout rides would be my pick. Great fun—Love that ride system!

For a truly terrifying ride, I pick Velocicoaster at Islands of Adventure. That thing is nearly two solid minutes of various ways to make riders feel as if they’re about to be hurled out of their seats. 😃
Haven’t ridden Guardians at Epcot but one guest exited the ride feeling very dizzy and fell down the exit staircase to exit the attraction. She got hurt and was hospitalized.

graphite1326

This is a great answer, although I struggle to call a water slide a "ride". It IS terrifying though, I believe for all involved. I did it once... scared to death as I prepared for my decent. My wife who is a thrill junkie was too scared and waited by the exit. My ride down the slide was terrifying for onlookers too because when I got to the bottom and gathered my wits, I realized that my suit had rode up my backside pretty far terrifying all onlookers. 🤣 Evidence of my ordeal courtesy of my wife after having made slight adjustments...
View attachment 658189

If I had to vote for a "terrifying" ride, I guess I'd have to say Mission:Space. This one also terrified my wife and she is not a weak person when it comes to thrill rides. I haven't been on the ride in a probably 17+ years. When I rode M:S it was when there was no "Green Team" and while in line the constant warnings for pregnant women, or people with health issues scared the heck out of my wife. By the time we got into the simulator and they were about to shut the door, my wife jumped up and said "I can't do this" and bolted. I was already set and was like WTH! I couldn't react quick enough and before you know it I'm launched into space. 😁 It's an intense ride for sure, and the first time you ride it, it's hard to know how much worse it will get as it continues. Anyway, that gets my vote. Btw, my wife got sh*t for years after that for leaving me to die on the spaceship.
I used to sit near the end of the water slide. Such a dirty old man!!!!!!

Last edited:

SingleRider

Premium Member
Funny that you say this. I never really thought of it. I'm not scared of heights, but heights that I'm standing next to or hanging over with a possibility of falling will give me pause. For example, I love flying in a plane, but don't think I'd ever jump out of one. I never really think of height when hanging on Soarin'.
I think what scares me is the fact that my feet are dangling, but I enjoy looking at the scenery in the ride. The strap makes me feel more secure.

jloucks

Families fighting in lines is pretty terrifying and some people will say getting stuck on the sky liner is terrifying. My DD is there now and rode GotG and she said that’s pretty intense too.
I didn't think of fighting!

What scares me about it is the off chance of somehow mistaking getting caught up and getting banned from the parks. That's terrifying.

I know I talk some smack about the parks, but I do like the thought of being able to go if I want to.

ppet

y most terrifying trip was a bus ride with a trainee driver. The poor guy drifted off the road and then almost got us hit by turning in front of a tour bus with too little space. As for the park rides, there isn't any of them terrifying.

Smiley/OCD

y most terrifying trip was a bus ride with a trainee driver. The poor guy drifted off the road and then almost got us hit by turning in front of a tour bus with too little space. As for the park rides, there isn't any of them terrifying.
Obviously should’ve stayed driving on I-4…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom