What Disney Ride Do Think Is Most Terrifying?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I realize Disney rides are not considered on the same thrill level as some other park's offerings, but there is one ride that can rival the best of them in my opinion, and it looks so dang innocent ..I speak of the Pixar-Pal-Around/Mickey's Fun Wheel/Sun Wheel found at Anaheim's California Adventure. Riding the swinging cars the experience is disorinenting and straight up terrifying.

Weather_Lady

I don't think "terrifying" is a word I'd use to describe any Disney attraction, but I'd say the most intimidating for me was The Incredicoaster (f/k/a California Screamin') at DCA -- those last few seconds waiting for the launch and the inevitable thought of, "WHY am I doing this, again!??!" definitely get my adrenaline pumping.

At WDW, it's Tower of Terror. I don't get much of a thrill from the sensation of being in freefall -- it's more like torture for me -- but I've ridden it a few times because others in my group wanted to, and the knowledge that those sickening, stomach-churning drops are inevitably coming is pretty fear-inducing!

G00fyDad

Tower of Terror. Hands down. I hate heights and this ride freaks me out every time. Thankfully my children are now adults and ride by themselves. I can now sit and talk with my wife (who has always had the good sense to stay off this thing) while the kids ride.

Br0ckford

I can say this, I can take all kinds of roller coasters, drop rides, I love it all. This past June's trip to Walt Disney World, went on all of them and had a great time. However, Space Mountain threw me for a loop. I always go on it, no problem. This past time, man I got off feeling like I was put in a washing machine. Maybe its due to age, but we are going again in November and I think I'm skipping it this time. The thought of going on it again terrifies me.

belledream

Tower of Terror is a good answer for the storyline and the thrill, but I love that thrill too much to be terrified of it. For me, it’s Dinosaur. The Carnotaurus that chases after you makes me squirm in my seat every time.

Pepper's Ghost

Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach
This is a great answer, although I struggle to call a water slide a "ride". It IS terrifying though, I believe for all involved. I did it once... scared to death as I prepared for my descent. My wife who is a thrill junkie was too scared and waited by the exit. My ride down the slide was terrifying for onlookers too because when I got to the bottom and gathered my witts, I realized that my suit had rode up my backside pretty far terrifying all onlookers. 🤣 Evidence of my ordeal courtesy of my wife after having made slight adjustments...
IMG_1599.jpg

If I had to vote for a "terrifying" ride, I guess I'd have to say Mission:Space. This one also terrified my wife and she is not a weak person when it comes to thrill rides. I haven't been on the ride in a probably 17+ years. When I rode M:S it was when there was no "Green Team" and while in line the constant warnings for pregnant women, or people with health issues scared the heck out of my wife. By the time we got into the simulator and they were about to shut the door, my wife jumped up and said "I can't do this" and bolted. I was already set and was like WTH! I couldn't react quick enough and before you know it I'm launched into space. 😁 It's an intense ride for sure, and the first time you ride it, it's hard to know how much worse it will get as it continues. Anyway, that gets my vote. Btw, my wife got sh*t for years after that for leaving me to die on the spaceship.

Edit: just a misspelling because I can't spell.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I love all coasters. I will go on any and all of them. Never terrorized but strangely, I get a lot of anxiety when I ride Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom LOL 🤣, it's so noisy, it rattles so much, it sounds like it's going to fall apart as I ride it.

mf1972

not terrifying, but my wife always got creeped out by the witch on the former snow white ride as she turns around from the mirror. the ghost bride creeps her out too. she won’t sit on that side of the doombuggy 😂

Lilofan

This is a great answer, although I struggle to call a water slide a "ride". It IS terrifying though, I believe for all involved. I did it once... scared to death as I prepared for my decent. My wife who is a thrill junkie was too scared and waited by the exit. My ride down the slide was terrifying for onlookers too because when I got to the bottom and gathered my wits, I realized that my suit had rode up my backside pretty far terrifying all onlookers. 🤣 Evidence of my ordeal courtesy of my wife after having made slight adjustments...
View attachment 658189

If I had to vote for a "terrifying" ride, I guess I'd have to say Mission:Space. This one also terrified my wife and she is not a weak person when it comes to thrill rides. I haven't been on the ride in a probably 17+ years. When I rode M:S it was when there was no "Green Team" and while in line the constant warnings for pregnant women, or people with health issues scared the heck out of my wife. By the time we got into the simulator and they were about to shut the door, my wife jumped up and said "I can't do this" and bolted. I was already set and was like ***! I couldn't react quick enough and before you know it I'm launched into space. 😁 It's an intense ride for sure, and the first time you ride it, it's hard to know how much worse it will get as it continues. Anyway, that gets my vote. Btw, my wife got sh*t for years after that for leaving me to die on the spaceship.
Don’t have the nerve to ride Summitt Plummet but I’ve seen guys stay at the viewing area ground level because at times bathing suit attire flies off the rider upon free falling at 60mph.

vikescaper

For me, Tower of Terror is terrifying! I can do roller coasters fine but I do not like rides that drop you straight down (I make an exception for ROTR).

ElvisMickey

Don’t have the nerve to ride Summitt Plummet but I’ve seen guys stay at the viewing area ground level because at times bathing suit attire flies off the rider upon free falling at 60mph.
Saw this happen in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon a couple of weeks ago. Caused quite a ruckus lol. People don’t realize how strong those waves are…

KaliSplash

I have not yet ridden Guardians, but I would say Mission:Space Orange. The first time we rode that (during soft opening way back when.) The launch was so awesome that I actually did a check on my crew to make sure each one could speak.
I Love this ride.

JohnD

Not sure if the most "terrifying" but Tower of Terror (duh) gets your adrenaline running. I don't like loops so have yet to go on RnRC. Also the thought of vomiting doesn't appeal to me so I won't go on MS:Orange either. I'll do Green, though.

Pepper's Ghost

From experience, I'd bet there are bathing suit malfunctions every day. My suit rode up where the sun don't shine. It was quite the experience. For those who have never ridden it, and it's been a long time for me, you're not even in the water on the way down. You're sort of ON the water... skimming the top of it and till you reach the bend where it starts to go horizontal. It basically feels like a free fall. As if that's not scary enough, the worst part is when you start to get traction at the end and the water really slows you down. That part is just uncomfortable to say the least. 😁

If you ever ride it, and I plan to hopefully in the next couple of years, my only suggestion is to keep your legs crossed until you stop. Don't think anyone really wants a public colonic hydrotherapy, and few others want to witness one. Btw, for those guys who hang out near the stopping area, please stop creeping people out. :rolleyes:

Pepper's Ghost

but I would say Mission:Space Orange.
Yup, very intense. I know some people hate the ride, or resent it because of the loss of Horizons, but it's a very different kind of experience, and experts say it's as close as you can get to being shot into space without actually being shot into space. Never having ridden Horizons, I can appreciate M:S (orange).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom