What Disney resort/park food did you like so much, that you made it at home?

epcotisbest

My wife has made the Mulligatawny soup from BOMA a few times and it is fantastic. Following the recipe she got, she cut back just a bit on the curry and and added more apple...delicious.

NiarrNDisney

Big fan of the grapefruit cake in our house too. We haven't tried it yet. How did it turn out? TIA

Honestly its amazing! I make it at least once a year though with a few changes from the recipe that can be found in Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs. I cook down the juice/syrup from a can of ruby red grapefruit slices with a tiny bit of sugar and paint each cake layer (I only do 2 layers instead of the 10 HBD does) then I cut the slices in half so they are thin and add those to each layer then ice (I dont do the slices on top as it looks messy and gets soggy).

crxbrett

Not well LOL. The recipe we used called for French bread or the Ohana breakfast bread so in order to save time, we used French bread. Huge mistake as that changed the entire flavor of the bread pudding. So make their sweet bread before you make the bread pudding. And the banana foster sauce was a little bit tricky. We would probably use a little less rum because it changed the cook time in our location. Plus the bananas got a little burnt. Even though it didn't go as well as we were hoping, we did try another Disney bread pudding recipe another time and that turned out fantastic!!! I would have to look in the Disney cookbook to figure out which one it was.

Awww, that's too bad. But also good to know. It's always a bummer when you try to replicate a recipe, and for whatever reason, it doesn't turn out as you had hoped or planned. It's happened to all of us, I'm sure lol

I may try taking a crack at it at some point, but will definitely not use French bread.
Thanks for the tip!

JIMINYCR

Every trip we come back with something new to try making like Disney. The first thing we ever tried was the Dole Whip, having ordered the mix. Some things weve accomplished making that were just as tasty as we found in the parks. Others missed the mark, probably more because we just were not having them at Disney. DW has bought every Disney cook book they have published, weve found recipes on online sites and we were given some recipes years ago in the parks. But nothing is as good as being there and experiencing them in an on site restaurant or from a park kiosk.

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
I’ve yet to make anything but I did purchase a cookbook. There was a recipe I wanted to ask from from Narcoosee’s but I don’t think they make it anymore (it was two years ago) and I never got around to calling for ask for it.

Simba's Mom

Way back when the Land was sponsored by Kraft, and the food court wasn't Sunshine Seasons, they sold corn muffins, and the same recipe was used at the Hoop de Doo for their corn muffins (I don't know about now). We still make those corn muffins and, corny I know, we sing "Hoop de Doo" before we eat them.

tinker-ella

Patagonia booth in food and wine had the beef skewer with chimichurri sauce for a few years. I never heard of chimichurri before that trip, but really liked it. When we got home, i looked up the recipe and made a batch. Now we keep it around from time to time.

My wife made a few of our favorite Sanaa bread service dips....we went out and bought some naan bread, and tried that a few times..

Curious if anyone else does this.......
We loved the Butternut Squash soup at Boma so much, that I asked the server if they share recipes, and she gave me the email address to request it. I received the full recipe and have made it a few times.

Tony the Tigger

None, but I bought the cookbook that has the potato wrapped snapper from the old Flying Fish (which is no longer served there.)

I read the recipe, but it’s a lot of steps and pretty intimidating.

My bday is in a week or so, maybe I’ll leave that book out on the kitchen table and somebody will take the hint!

Bigcityblues

I fell in love with the tropical creme brûlée from Citricos and have made that a few times. It was tricky to find the same tropical fruit purée as they use, but finally found them on amazon, and they are not cheap - it tasted exactly like the restaurant’s version!

I’ve also made Canada’s cheddar cheese soup a couple of times, ‘Ohana’s older version of sticky wings, and a new Christmas Eve staple is Germany's schenkenudel from the F&WF...one of my daughter’s favorite mac and cheese recipes ever.

CptRon

Way back in '92 on our honeymoon (Big Red Boat + MK/Epcot/Disney-MGM Studios), there was a steak teriyaki sandwich to be had from somewhere in Adventureland. It was delicious, big, and a comparative bargain. I recall nabbing three during the week. It seems to me it was recommended by the Unofficial Guide of the day. Anyhow, the marinated steak strips and green pepper were stir fried crispy on the outside, but still juicy, and piled on a soft large round bun. A glorious mess. I've been making them at home for, holy cats, 26 years!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom