What Disney movie needs a dark ride

Raineman

So, I am kind of half kidding here, and it’s not a full length movie, and it’s kind of obscure but: Peter And The Wolf. It was my favourite Disney offering when I was very young-the wolf scared me enough to enjoy being scared.
F7B11655-2421-40CB-8148-C4532D426085.jpeg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Princess & the Frog (but not where THEY think it needs to go)
Lilo & Stitch (A good one)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Aladdin
Tangled
Hercules

And finally, for what it's worth... Hollywood Studios needs a "Tim Burtonland."

Nightmare Before Christmas
James & the Giant Peach
Frankenweenie

mavlax20

Sure he does! Just tear out the Tomorrowland Speedway and build a new version of the ride there. Dunno if Disney would ever do that, but hey...

(Quote was regarding if there is space in WDW MK for Mr Toad)

This is actually pretty ingenious. They could update the Tomorrowland Speedway, change the cars to go along more with the theme of Mr. Toad (make it a peoplemover ride), you can have buildings where the cars go through, you can have different antics that are around with the character. Think of it as a dark ride on steroids.

Fox&Hound

A Sleeping Beauty dark ride coaster through Maleficent’s castle culminating in a face-off with Maleficent’s dragon form. Use Gringotts’s ride system, advanced animatronics, track switches, etc.

YESSSSSSS! I always thought the castle as a queue covered in thorns would be amazing! The three fairies could be the pre-show, the goblins off in the distance. Oh, it would be incredible!

yeti

YESSSSSSS! I always thought the castle as a queue covered in thorns would be amazing! The three fairies could be the pre-show, the goblins off in the distance. Oh, it would be incredible!
Plus end it with the exit path changing colours because Flora and Merriweather are fighting over whether it should be red or blue 😂

NelleBelle

Lion King defiantly a Dark Ride on the Lion King (With the Characters coming to life in Animatronics and expericing the Story of the Lion King Animatronics Animals a Wildebeest Stampede chasing you Hyenas scaring the Guests experincing Simba's life (Just can't Wait to be King, Hakuna Matata, Can You Feel the Love Tonight)
I feel they do a great job with Festival of the Lion King; I'd rather they not put any "repeats" in, regardless of show or ride when there are so many other great IPs that could be paid homage to.

Robbiem

Animal Kingdom needs an entire Fantasyland-style land of them ... and there's plenty of great choices. Pocahontas, Mr. Toad, Robin Hood, Lion King, Jungle Book, the Rescuers, Zootopia

With the loss of camp minnie mickey Animal Kingdom really needs a fantasyland style area. Something along the lines of fantasy springs themed to a magical forest with attractions based on Disney’s animal centric IPs would be a great fit.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
To answer the titular almost query correctly, I think a five minute scene where the denizens of Atlantica rode on an underwater analog of 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, “A Few Feet Above the Sand” would be fantastic. The Merfolk would be seen climbing into jeeps and would ogle corpulent “walkers” eating on fried fish as rivulets of grease ran down their faces. It would end with a stern admonition from Triton - “Beware the Fish Eaters!”

HongKongFooy

What Disney movie needs a dark ride

Hmmmm......... how about none

Furthermore are you actually asking which movie based dark ride does a Disney park need???

Or do you literally mean which movie needs a ride.......maybe because it was a well made movie that didn't perform up to expectations and could use a secondary conveyance like a ride to garner proper attention?????

britdaw

not necessarily a movie, & i’ve brought this up a few times on other threads, but a sleepy hollow dark ride would be great in liberty square if they can fit it in somewhere
YES! The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad has always been one of my favorite Disney shorts because of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I would be absolutely ecstatic to see a ride or even just the covered bridge in Liberty Square!!

cookiee_munster

Atlantis.

The film didn't do so well. And is very similar to Ghibli's Laputa in places. But the whole look of the film as well as its setting and big action sequences really call out for a great E-Ticket attraction.

COrunner

A big hero six ride that I could be being similar to Soarin or Star Tours (The ST ride system area should still be in the old wonders of life for retrofitting)

Not necessarily a dark ride but a National Treasure type game similar to kim possible at Epcot would be a lot of fun too.

NelleBelle

A big hero six ride that I could be being similar to Soarin or Star Tours (The ST ride system area should still be in the old wonders of life for retrofitting)

Not necessarily a dark ride but a National Treasure type game similar to kim possible at Epcot would be a lot of fun too.
Love the Big Hero idea! I remember when that movie first came out, we saw it on our disney cruise and thought, "great, here's a Disney-fied anime-stylized movie that looks...BORING!" Of course my boys loved it, but my mom and I, who are healthcare workers, loved it! It was so different and was such a surprise! And of course I cried numerous times during the movie! And LOVE our pic with Baymax!

And a Nat'l Treasure "treasure" hunt in Epcot would be terrific!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom