What Disney movie needs a dark ride

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Not sure if it's "technically" a "Disney movie" but a Nightmare Before Christmas ride would be awesome. Although I'm sure since it's based on holidays it might be weird to ride it the rest of the year but if they can leave the Christmas Shoppe open all year why couldn't they have a Nightmare ride? I know they do the Haunted Mansion in DL in the theme during Christmas but it could be fun to have a dedicated ride to it. Don't even know where you'd put it though but you asked so I answered. LOL!

tanc

Not sure if it's "technically" a "Disney movie" but a Nightmare Before Christmas ride would be awesome. Although I'm sure since it's based on holidays it might be weird to ride it the rest of the year but if they can leave the Christmas Shoppe open all year why couldn't they have a Nightmare ride? I know they do the Haunted Mansion in DL in the theme during Christmas but it could be fun to have a dedicated ride to it. Don't even know where you'd put it though but you asked so I answered. LOL!

It is very strange TNBC has no ride considering that it's such a huge IP. Even Japan loves TNBC and they movie deserves more than just a layover of the Haunted Mansion. Danny Elfman's work (aka the main singer for Oingo Boingo!) would be absolutely amazing.

Brer Oswald

It is very strange TNBC has no ride considering that it's such a huge IP. Even Japan loves TNBC and they movie deserves more than just a layover of the Haunted Mansion. Danny Elfman's work (aka the main singer for Oingo Boingo!) would be absolutely amazing.
It’s more of a cult classic and a merchandise seller. A seasonal attraction suits it well, although it could definitely get away with more.

MickeyLuv'r

Won't happen, but The Rescuers could be fun.

A number of movies nowadays also have scenes that in theory could be something like a dark ride/family coaster hybrid. Though it isn't a Disney movie, I'm picturing the present rollercoaster in the Polar Express, but many movies have similar scenes. The airport baggage scene in Toy Story 2 is a bit too short, but it otherwise fits. Wreck-It Ralph has multiple scenes that would fit this model.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Yeah I'm an enormous Danny Elfman fan. He's a legend for sure.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

It’s more of a cult classic and a merchandise seller. A seasonal attraction suits it well, although it could definitely get away with more.
For some reason, it just became stigmatized by all the emo and goth kids at Hot Topic and I think that's where a lot of that came from. It has definitely been a money maker for Disney though and when Jack and Sally started doing the meet and greets at the Halloween Party people lined up for hours to get that picture. There's a for sure market for it but it is somewhat limited in the sense that very little kids would probably be really scared of a ride that would be based on it. Where would you put a ride of it if you were going to? Maybe Hollywood Studios? I honestly don't know where it would "fit" if you were going to do it. It's too "dark" for Fantasyland. The Haunted Mansion is already in Liberty Square. Maybe they could put it in a pavilion at EPCOT or repurpose the Endor look at Star Tours and turn that into the forest where Halloween Town and Christmas Town are found and maybe the ride could be like a Mr. Toad thing where sometimes you go to Christmas Town and sometimes you go to Halloween Town?

NelleBelle

Love NBC! And I love the overlay they do at DL--it's probably my most favorite ride ever! The music they put in that attraction is just perfect! It's not too scary for little kids. But I agree...that should only remain an overlay. For it's own dark ride, I hate to say it and I'm only just making a wild "it would be kinda cool if..." suggestion, so DON'T FLAME ME! But if/when they ever have to retheme RnRC, it might be cool to make that into a NBC. The coaster cars could be the sleigh and the whole ride queue could be Halloween town/Christmas town and then the sleigh takes off and then you're flying over whichever town (personally, would love it to be Halloween Town). One wouldn't have to worry about it appealing to little little kids as it's a "bigger" kid ride with the ht. requirement. But anyway...one thought.

Another thought for a dark ride Robin Hood. You could put it in fantasy land. It would be a great ride for the little boys (seriously, they kinda get the short-end when it comes to merchandise and things geared for them...pirates is really about all I can think about besides Star Wars). But they could sell Robin Hood-style hats, Maid Marian princess hats, Prince John crowns, Sir Hiss plush snakes, etc.

Or Sword in the Stone!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Love NBC! And I love the overlay they do at DL--it's probably my most favorite ride ever! The music they put in that attraction is just perfect! It's not too scary for little kids. But I agree...that should only remain an overlay. For it's own dark ride, I hate to say it and I'm only just making a wild "it would be kinda cool if..." suggestion, so DON'T FLAME ME! But if/when they ever have to retheme RnRC, it might be cool to make that into a NBC. The coaster cars could be the sleigh and the whole ride queue could be Halloween town/Christmas town and then the sleigh takes off and then you're flying over whichever town (personally, would love it to be Halloween Town). One wouldn't have to worry about it appealing to little little kids as it's a "bigger" kid ride with the ht. requirement. But anyway...one thought.

Another thought for a dark ride Robin Hood. You could put it in fantasy land. It would be a great ride for the little boys (seriously, they kinda get the short-end when it comes to merchandise and things geared for them...pirates is really about all I can think about besides Star Wars). But they could sell Robin Hood-style hats, Maid Marian princess hats, Prince John crowns, Sir Hiss plush snakes, etc.

Or Sword in the Stone!
Yeah if they were gonna do a ride based on it they could put it around the Tower of Terror since there is already an established sorta spooky atmosphere there.

Cmdr_Crimson

A Return To Oz nightmare fuel dark ride..The ride starts as you go down the hall of the screaming decapitated heads..
screamingheads-1434724963.gif

Going through dark woods hearing creepy laughter and being chased by The Wheelers..
latest

Only to go through the caverns and make your escape from the Wrath of the Nome King..
latest

Moka

Lion King. It’s just shoved into all the nighttime shows, or any show in general. Never had an actual “attraction”. Unless you want to count Festival, Philharmagic, or Legend of The Lion King prior to that, but again, all shows. Slapped into Happily Ever After, Rivers of Light (rip), and I think a small part in Fantasmic??? not sure. but yeah, show after show after show. Oh yeah, can’t forget the one in EPCOT where awesome planet is now. Show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom