What COVID-19? Disney Homebounding #DisneyHBLove

Th3 DUd3

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

Yep, the parks are closed and you are more than likely to be at home and indoors. This doesn't mean we don't miss all things Disney. So I wanted to create a more positive thread here on how we were coping with things at home in our own Disney way. This could be watching a classic, finding out your kids drawing books look like fun or coming to the realization that you can probably build Cinderella's Castle out of all the card board boxes from the shipments you'll be now getting. So how are you Disney Homebounding? (Yes, probably not a real word)

Show us that we can come together not only from the desire to melt every stroller in a Disney Park to make THE BEST Disney roller coaster ever made, but in a way that will make us feel a little normal when we need it.

Have fun and show us your #DisneyHBLove

SuddenStorm

Disney Plus has a ton of old Disney films and TV specials I really need to take the time to watch.

So many live action films from that time- from the True Life Adventures nature films to 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea to Davy Crockett were critical to making Disneyland what it is. I've been compiling list of each film on Disney plus by decade and will try and get through the important ones first, then the lesser ones, and if I my job/school situation continues to worsen I'll check out a few of the ones that no one should spend time watching.

Th3 DUd3

Original Poster
I've been going through the Disney live action movies. I've forgotten how cheesy the 60s-70s movies were.
I did that with the 80's shows I used to watch a long time ago. I could barely sit through them it was so bad.

As for me, I am also enjoying Disney+. I am also finding the time to re-organize my Disney stuff.

I'll probably grab a popcorn holder and walk around the house lol

truecoat

Disney Plus has a ton of old Disney films and TV specials I really need to take the time to watch.

So many live action films from that time- from the True Life Adventures nature films to 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea to Davy Crockett were critical to making Disneyland what it is. I've been compiling list of each film on Disney plus by decade and will try and get through the important ones first, then the lesser ones, and if I my job/school situation continues to worsen I'll check out a few of the ones that no one should spend time watching.

Under the search settings, there's a grouping of Disney by Decade list.

No Name

Well first I take off my Cars pajamas and put on a Pixar Pier t-shirt and Onward pants. Then I make myself Mickey-shaped waffles, pour myself a drink in the reusable hotel cup, sit down in front of the TV and watch a good ole episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. And that’s only the first few minutes of my day. Hot diggity dog!

No, in fact, I do many things, a few which are related to my occupation, a few which are related to theme parks, and a few which are tangentially related to Disney. I don’t have any sort of obsession with Disney and I’m not sure anyone should. The world is your oyster, go live life!

smooch

Watched a few 360 ride POV videos on my VR headset, watched a full park walk through (no commentary), and I re watched The Imagineering Story and have lost track how many times I have watched it even before the quarantining began.

Phroobar

I discovered Blackbeard’s Ghost and it is an amazing movie. I seriously wouldn’t be upset if they put that version of Blackbeard onto Pirates.
I'm remember seeing that one in the theater when Disney re-released it. It was a lot like other family Dean Jones movies. However Dean Jones had some pretty troubling demons.

"I remember having lunch with Walt one day, and he told me, 'Dean, you're a perfect fit for these pictures. You're such a good family man!'" Jones told the Pantagraph. "I wasn't a good family man", Jones acknowledged. "I was showing up at home smelling of perfume that wasn't my wife's".

Phroobar

You could always get the kids to do some perlering.

SAM_1302.JPG

Th3 DUd3

Original Poster
The kids have decided to do an in home version of Alien Encounter by sitting in a dark room, tickling each other with a feather and dripping water on their heads.
I keep telling myself that if I just close my eyes and open the trash can it will smell like POTC water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom