What can you take on a carry on?

LilSuzy

Original Poster
I have searched the TSA site to make sure what items are acceptable and what aren't. It's confusing! We arn't checking our bags we only have carry ons, so I guess should I mail some things to the hotel? Or can I carry such items as:

-shampoo
-conditioner
-toothpaste
-disposable razors
-deodorant
-shaving gel
-flat iron
-brush
-bobby pins
-tweezers

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! :wave:

<3caseyscorner

you can take any liquid but it has to be 2 ounces or less and all of it has to fit in a quart size baggy. no razors :( im sure the hotel will have complimentary razors or any other toiletries like that you may need. have fun!!!!!:wave:

tmp

make sure the liquids are sealed ( brand new) and in a small travel size container if you are carrying on

Pioneer Hall

I have searched the TSA site to make sure what items are acceptable and what aren't. It's confusing! We arn't checking our bags we only have carry ons, so I guess should I mail some things to the hotel? Or can I carry such items as:

-shampoo
-conditioner
-toothpaste
-disposable razors
-deodorant
-shaving gel
-flat iron
-brush
-bobby pins
-tweezers

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! :wave:

Everything on your list is allowed to be carried on to the plane. Liquids and gels must be 3 oz or less and be put into a quart size plastic bag. The liquids can have been previously open as well if you have something at home that you need to bring (I tend to do this with aftershave or facewash). Disposable razors are fine as well, I have brought my razor as a carry on many times. There aren't any restrictions on any of the other items you have mentioned there, and between myself and my family we have carried all those items on at some point.

melmood2000

I'm not sure about the razors but with the Liquids the bottle size has to be 3.4 oz or (100 ml) or less by volume so that is the travel ones they sell that are about 3 inches tall. You can carry as many bottles that will fit in a quart size bag. 1 quart size bag per passenger. The brush, flat iron, and tweezers should be fine.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
You won't have any problems with razors.

This is from the TSA website:

Razor-Type Blades - such as box cutters, utility knives, and safety razor blades (disposable razors and their cartridges are permitted)

Here's the list of prohibited items. In case you were wondering, you'll have to leave your cattle prod at home.

Nemo14

you can take any liquid but it has to be 2 ounces or less and all of it has to fit in a quart size baggy. no razors :( im sure the hotel will have complimentary razors or any other toiletries like that you may need. have fun!!!!!:wave:
It's actually 3.4 ounces (100ml) for liquids, aerosols and gels. Disposable razors are OK, and I'm not sure why you would bring a flat iron - most hotels have one. Everything else on your list looks OK.

Pioneer Hall

It's actually 3.4 ounces (100ml) for liquids, aerosols and gels. Disposable razors are OK, and I'm not sure why you would bring a flat iron - most hotels have one. Everything else on your list looks OK.

I believe you are thinking of an iron for clothing. A flat iron is for straightening hair.

LilSuzy

Original Poster
Thank you guys so much! I have just heard horror stories about what is prohibited. What you can take and what you can't. I havn't flown since Disneyland in 2007. My sister kept telling me how strict they have become just since then. I was nervous, this should put my mind at ease....thank you all :wave:

Pioneer Hall

Thank you guys so much! I have just heard horror stories about what is prohibited. What you can take and what you can't. I havn't flown since Disneyland in 2007. My sister kept telling me how strict they have become just since then. I was nervous, this should put my mind at ease....thank you all :wave:

Actually all the new restrictions on liquids were put into place in 2006. As far as what you can and cannot bring, it hasn't changed since your last time flying. The differences now are potentially in how they screen you. Some airports have the new body scanning machines that they might use as opposed to the normal metal detector. If you are instructed to go through a machine like that you have to or be subject to one of their pat downs.

The Mom

Premium Member
As others have stated, purchase travel sized items and you'll be fine. I separate my toiletries so that all of the "must be in a quart plastic bag" are together. The razors, deodorant, tweezers, etc can go in a different toiletry bag. I have a nice hanging bag - I just grab the liquid stuff for screening, then put it in when I'm through security. If you plan well, you'll have used it all up so won't have to do it again for the trip home. ;) Unless you bring home the WDW shampoo, etc as souvenirs. :lookaroun

LilSuzy

Original Poster
I never worried about this before because I always checked my bags. My husband and I decided to carry on this time because it will save us money, it's faster, and it's just us no kids.

I didn't think most of the stuff I wanted to bring would be an issue, then my sister who just came back from Disney said the TSA has gotten really strict since our Disneyland trip.

I will definitely bring travel size stuff so that I need not worry :)

---As far as possibly bringing shampoos from WDW home with me....well I guess not this time :p

Rob562

My tip for travel-size toiletries: Go to the travel-size section of the store and off to the side look for the *empty* travel-size bottles they sell. Buy a few, and fill them with whatever you use at home. Much cheaper than always buying travel-sized stuff, and you don't have to worry about whether what you want is available in travel-size.

Though I'll admit my shower gel and shampoo still go in my checked bag even though they're the small size. The only liquids I bring in my carry-on are contact lens solution and eye drops.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom