What can gift cards be used on?

cowanfamily

Original Poster
There are 8 of us and have three rooms at the Beach Club. We will be receiving 3 gift cards, 1 for each room, worth $750 each. The question I have is what can these cards be used on? If they can be used for dining, should I drop the DDP. Can these cards be used for tours? (Segway preferably). Can these cards be used online @ Disneystore.com? And finally, Do they expire?

Any help will be appreciated!
By the way, this is the best forum site I have found to date!

DisneyPrincess5

We had gift cards from Christmas for this past trip and they were so great and convenient!
We were able to use them on sit down dining, snack stands, and merchandise.
Not sure on the tours though...I believe you might have secure your reservation with a credit card.
Also not sure on when/if they expire.

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I know you can use them on dining, for my family we will be using the gift card for dining, and will not be getting any DDP.

I have another question to add if anyone knows, can we use the giftcard to pay for our stroller rental??

Rob562

As far as I know, they are just regular gift cards like you could buy yourself, and come with all of the same rules. Those rules and restrictions can be found at www.disneygiftcard.com. (They're not like the birthday fun card that you could get instead of a free ticket in 2009 if you already had admission, which had numerous restrictions)

Briefly, a Disney gift card doesn't expire, and they can be used just about anywhere in WDW. About the only place you can't use them would be some third-party vendors (like some places in Downtown Disney). A good rule to follow is that anywhere you can use your room charge key, you can use the gift card (though I don't know 100% that that's accurate everywhere).
Or, use your room charge and then use the gift card to pay off the balance.

Because they don't expire, you could *conceivably* save it and use it as payment toward a future vacation...

-Rob

DisneyMusician2

As far as I know, they are just regular gift cards like you could buy yourself, and come with all of the same rules. Those rules and restrictions can be found at www.disneygiftcard.com. (They're not like the birthday fun card that you could get instead of a free ticket in 2009 if you already had admission, which had numerous restrictions)

Briefly, a Disney gift card doesn't expire, and they can be used just about anywhere in WDW. About the only place you can't use them would be some third-party vendors (like some places in Downtown Disney). A good rule to follow is that anywhere you can use your room charge key, you can use the gift card (though I don't know 100% that that's accurate everywhere).
Or, use your room charge and then use the gift card to pay off the balance.

Because they don't expire, you could *conceivably* save it and use it as payment toward a future vacation...

-Rob

This is accurate! You can even use them for table gratuities, if you felt so inclined.

sbkline

I was told that the card can be used for almost anything, including gratuities at the restaraunts, carraige rides, etc.

In deciding whether to buy the DDP, or use your card for your meals, I guess you just need to sit down and figure up if your out of pocket spending at WDW usually would come up to around the amount of that gift card. If you stay in a Deluxe Resort, and get the $750 gift card, is it realistic that, in addition to dining and tickets, you would spend $750 on other things? Would your souveniers, gratuities, activities and whatever else realistically come up to $750? If so, then I would recommend getting the dining plan, and then using the gift card for all your miscellaneous spending at WDW. If you're not much into souveniers and such, then you may come home with a large chunk of that gift card left over. However, even then, if the other posters are correct and you can keep that gift card indefinitely, then it still may be worth it.

Were staying at Coronado and getting the $500 gift card. Between gratuities and general spending on our 9 night visit, I think it's very likely that we'll use the majority, if not all, of that gift card. So I think it worth it for us to get the DDP and use the gift card for those other things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom