What breaks you down?

coleandrachel

Original Poster
Is there a song or part of a movie or park that makes you cry every time? I have two, when Mufasa dies in the Lion King and Simba has that helplessness about him and tells his daddy to "wake up". Holy cow!:( and when my daughter (4) and I sing the "At last I see the Light" song from Tangled. If I can have that be the first dance at her wedding between her and her husband, my heart will probably explode!

DaddyDisneyMan

Not a Disney Movie but...

"Life" with Michael Keaton. For those who haven't seen it...about a man that is diagnosed with terminal cancer but finds out that his wife (Nicole Kidman) is pregnant. Before he dies, he is determined to make a video teaching his unborn baby everything there is to know about growing up and life (this is the funny part of the movie). He ends up seeing his baby be born and In the end its his father who takes care of him as if he were the baby. I'm seriously choking up just thinking about this. When I first saw this I was not a father yet and I still cried. I think if were to watch it now and being a father of 2 beautiful boys I would completely lose it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The scene in the Original Parent Trap when Mom realizes DD#2 is under the covers in her bed and also when they decide to be a family again on the other side of the pond after tearful good-byes in the States.

Wonder how they'd write that now given the Concord has gone bye-bye.

HouCuseChickie

Lion King has several moments that bring me to tears...the Mufasa death scene has always been the worst, but Circle of Life intro, the "remember" scene with Rafiki w/Mufasa in the heavens, and when Simba ascends Pride Rock all get me.

If it's an in park "gotcha" moment, I have choked up in Peter Pan over London, Wishes gets me in about 5 places, and just this last trip- I actually found myself tearing up as I turned onto MSUSA. I mean- I've always adored that turning the corner and seeing the castle moment, but this is the first time I can remember any tears.

Funny you bring this up though, b/c over the past weekend it was Mary Poppins that had me in tears. Specifically the ending- just after the "Let's Go Fly a Kite" scene...when she's having the talk with her umbrella and looks like she's about cry.

foreverbelle

Oh dif the I can see the light song in tangled-during the whole scene. For some reason it just makes me cry.

That and Wishes half the time, or watching my son the last day of vacation knowing we have to leave. I always tear up wishing to capture the happiness I see in him at the moment.

mcurtiss

Funny you bring this up though, b/c over the past weekend it was Mary Poppins that had me in tears. Specifically the ending- just after the "Let's Go Fly a Kite" scene...when she's having the talk with her umbrella and looks like she's about cry.

not tears, but that song triggers lots of memories because it was in one of the Resort info TV loops from my visits either in 1977 or 1983 (can't remember). I could watch that thing over and over, and sadly, I can't find it anywhere. so all I have is memories....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom