What BIG thing can I do next month on my trip to celebrate the new healthier me?

LoriMistress

Congrats on your weight loss! Maybe you and DH could do a Illuminations cruise, do a photo pass session at a deluxe resort, and maybe stay a night or two at a deluxe resort.

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Congrats on your weight loss! Maybe you and DH could do a Illuminations cruise, do a photo pass session at a deluxe resort, and maybe stay a night or two at a deluxe resort.

I have never heard of that before??? Illuminations cruise??? Sounds interesting!!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Congrats on the "new you" and your anniversary trip! I agree with those who say to treat yourself to something from the Bou-tiki! That's not a big thing, but you have lots of good suggestions for a big thing!

Whatever you do, you will have a great time enjoying yourself and your hubby at WDW.

I'll be arriving towards the end of your trip--if you're in Epcot on Saturday the 15th, and you notice a redhead with a WDWMagic button on the strap of her bag, it's probably me, so say hi! :wave:

RiversideBunny

You could 'walk the worlds' five times.
In EPCOT, start at Canada and walk all the way around counterclock wise (or clockwise, totally your choice) past all the other countries and then back to Canada.
Repeat.

Have fun.
:)

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Congrats on the "new you" and your anniversary trip! I agree with those who say to treat yourself to something from the Bou-tiki! That's not a big thing, but you have lots of good suggestions for a big thing!

Whatever you do, you will have a great time enjoying yourself and your hubby at WDW.

I'll be arriving towards the end of your trip--if you're in Epcot on Saturday the 15th, and you notice a redhead with a WDWMagic button on the strap of her bag, it's probably me, so say hi! :wave:

That is so cool! Where can i get a button? And this redhead will def. be looking for a fellow redhead! Saturday we are having lunch in Morocco so we will DEF be in EPCOT! Hope to se you!

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Congratulations!!

You look fabulous!!

I am also in your boat--I know EXACTLY what you said in the "before". Although I am not at my "after" quite yet, I'm getting there. I do weight watchers and workout 5 days a week. Due to food moderation and working out, I have lost 75 pounds. My goal is to get to 125. But, I look forward to my Disney trip in August, being able to fit into clothes, not worry about what I look like (as much) and enjoy being way "thinner" than I used to be. My course has been long--counting points and food moderation is tough. But, losing a pound or two a week, knowing that in 4 months I'll be down even more, keeps me going.

The horse ride sounds awesome. I was looking at the WDW tour book the other night and was estatic over the fact that I can now ride a horse without being anywhere near the 250 pound weight limit. That feeling felt so good!

Treat yourself to a new dress or outfit from the Poly--or even show off your stuff at the pool/TL or BB.

Have a good time on your trip and enjoy yourself. Be proud of what you did--for yourself--and remember this throughout your trip--even if you don't find the "perfect" thing to symbolize your new you. In many regards the ENTIRE trip is you celebrating the new you! Just you wait and see....

Congrats on your efforts too! sounds like this Bou Tiki is where i need ot go for sure!!!

Testtrack321

Holy crap! That's amazing! I lost around 30-40 lbs myself (went from 170-180 to 135-140.) It's incredibly hard but well worth the effort.

Treat yourself to one or two treats. Have a Dole Whip, etc. You walk so much at Disney that you end up burning it off anyway.

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Hi!
Congratulations on your weight loss, you look fabulous and HAPPY :)
As someone who also has been through a similar experiance (yesterday marks the 18 month anniversary of hitting my goal weight loss of 75 pounds) I'll tell you a couple things I LOVE to do now, that I would never do at 200 pounds...
Go to a water park :) Our last day of each vacation is either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon lagoon. Prior to losing weight, I'd have been horrified at the prospect.
Hang out by the resort pool, and actually GET up and walk around it and utilize the slides with my boys :) Fantastic feeling!
Anything where they call you up for audience participation... I'm all about it now and have a blast. The Lawn music guys at Hollywood Studios, what a blast! Maybe you can get up on stage for the Indy show...
Congratulations and keep up the good work!

A lot of people are suggesting the water parks, but we have a pool so we NEVER go to them. i have been to Typhoon Lagoon once in my life. Maybe we need to try them out again!

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Holy crap! That's amazing! I lost around 30-40 lbs myself (went from 170-180 to 135-140.) It's incredibly hard but well worth the effort.

Treat yourself to one or two treats. Have a Dole Whip, etc. You walk so much at Disney that you end up burning it off anyway.

I cannot have any sugar, so Dole Whips are out, BUT I intend to indulge at all of the places that have Sugar free deserts!

Congrats on your loss too!!

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Congrats, what you did was very difficult.:sohappy: I'm a size 14 right now and would love to be down to a size 8-10 by the time I go to WDW in September.

You can do it!! i LOVE the Couch to 5k program. If you mix that with a healthy diet, it seems to eally work well! Good luck to you!

Alexx

Discovery Cove, is well take a look! http://www.discoverycove.com/ I've always wanted to go, it looks fantastic!. You should really take a look at it.

Anyway, back to what I was going to say. I think what you've done is just flipping fantastic! You look fabulous and I think you're such an inspiration to people who wanna lose weight!

Something you could do is go to Discovery Cove which was mentioned above. You could try Everest! It's not that bad seriously, try and get in the middle or just stay away from the front and back those make the ride worse than it is. You can treat yourself to some new clothes or bathing suit etc. Just have fun!

I wish I had the willpower to lose some weight like you did dude, seriously you look fantastic!

Incase you missed my post about discovery cove :) and http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml is that the programme you did?

UKDisneyAddict

Congratulations. You are an inspiration! I am very early into my weight loss for WDW - I have lost 17 pounds so far (only 83 to go!). I'm not going to WDW until 2012, so I have plently of time.

I think the main thing I will do that I have never done at WDW (or anywhere else) is to try to be in more photos. I have always tried to stay behind the camera as much as possible as I am too embarassed by my size when I see pictures of myself. When I reach my target weight and go to WDW, I hope to be in lots of photos (and I may even venture in front of the video camera too)!! :sohappy:

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Congratulations. You are an inspiration! I am very early into my weight loss for WDW - I have lost 17 pounds so far (only 83 to go!). I'm not going to WDW until 2012, so I have plently of time.

I think the main thing I will do that I have never done at WDW (or anywhere else) is to try to be in more photos. I have always tried to stay behind the camera as much as possible as I am too embarassed by my size when I see pictures of myself. When I reach my target weight and go to WDW, I hope to be in lots of photos (and I may even venture in front of the video camera too)!! :sohappy:
Good luck to you in your efforts! Sounds as if you are off to a great start! HOWEVER, I must say that since you are trying to lose such a large amount, I would take monthly photos. It really helps to be able to look back and see how much progress you have made. VERY inspiring!!!

And besides, life is too precious to let our fear of our size keep us from documenting all of the wonderful times! I still took tons of photos! I am actually a photo GEEK. Drives my kids NUTS! I take wayyy more than the average person of all of us. I think it comes from LOSING them all in Katrina! Now I am trying to rebuild my collection! :D

TakeMeThere81

I had to reply! Great job on your weight loss and even more, your personal triumph! I just moved away from Mobile, AL, where we lived for 5 years. We love it there and still own our house way out west(not far from Hutchens Elementary School). Anyway, I'd say purchase something to commemorate the event. Can you still buy one of those little tiles at the entrance of EPCOT? Definitely get a pin too. Other than that, maybe go parasailing?? Whatever you do, I'm sure this trip will be a special one. Congrats!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom