Not a podcast but I watch 2 weekly Disney / Orlando shows on youtube;
1. Mousesteps Weekly
2. Attractions - The Show

Both are informative and entertaining.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Be Our Guest Podcast - Good info on trip planning
The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill - Talks about the history of WDW and DL
Window to the Magic - Binaural audio from DL and WDW. Mostly DL, over 10 years worth of audio experiences.

SeanWM48

big fan of Pete's DIS crew, not sure if this site would want me to post a link to it or anything. Rather honest and has a bite to it sometimes. The dining reviews are always hilarious.

World_Showcase_Lover007

The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish Podcast with Jim Hill & Len Testa
WEDway Radio

I like both of these because I am mostly interested in the history and evolution of the parks, and these podcasts cater to this. Also because they give honest opinions. Despite Jim Hill being a bit overzealous sometimes with his predictions and inside information, they tend to tell you when something is amiss, and when something is flat out bad.

MississippiBelle

I also like the Disney Dish pod cast and WEDway Radio. Jim Hill can be a little too dramatic for me sometimes, but the content is good. I could listen to the WEDway Radio guys read the phone book. They crack me up!
I used to consistently listen to WDW Today, but I was too attached to the old cast to make the switch :(.

wdwtopten

Original Poster
I also like the Disney Dish pod cast and WEDway Radio. Jim Hill can be a little too dramatic for me sometimes, but the content is good. I could listen to the WEDway Radio guys read the phone book. They crack me up!
I used to consistently listen to WDW Today, but I was too attached to the old cast to make the switch :(.

Disney Dish is a podcast I subscribe to, but I don't listen to all the episodes. Still, I like those guys.

I too was a very loyal listener to WDW Today for 10 years. I never missed an episode. I gave the new crew that took over the show 3 episodes and they failed miserably. I enjoy Inside the Magic (Ricky Brigante) ad WDW Radio with Lou Mongello. Podcasts make my 58 Mile drive each way to work seem quicker than they are. I mow my lawn to them and even have them on in background at work.

Csmith041177

I'm a huge fan of WDW Radio with Lou Mongello. Lou is an overly-positive guy on all things Disney, so if you are looking for a critical tone you will not find it there. But his outlook on Disney is very similar to mine, so I really enjoy it.

Also agree on the Unofficial Guide with Jim Hill. He always has some good nuggets.

cdeev8690

yes yes yes WDW Radio with Lou Mongello is fantastic. I'll admit, I don't listen to every episode but I do love when he is doing Live Reviews of restaurants and his review with his children of the Halloween parade was very cute. He is genuinely enthusiastic and is never a bummer. I used to listen to the DIS Unplugged, very informative and lively conversation, but one of the hosts of the show went on a 10 minute, aggressive rant about how corrupt Disney is, which is not something I wanted to get into. So I unfortunately lost interest in that.

I subscribed to A Window To The Magic which is a pretty magical podcast. If you close your eyes and listen to the chatter, the laughter, the music, you actually feel like you're there. It's perfect for those of us who live far away and don't get to visit as often as we wish we could.

Thanks everyone for the other podcast recommendations! I just subscribed to a few!

wdwtopten

Original Poster
I too was a very loyal listener to WDW Today for 10 years. I never missed an episode. I gave the new crew that took over the show 3 episodes and they failed miserably. I enjoy Inside the Magic (Ricky Brigante) ad WDW Radio with Lou Mongello. Podcasts make my 58 Mile drive each way to work seem quicker than they are. I mow my lawn to them and even have them on in background at work.

Same here....I have listened to a crazy number of the WDW Today podcasts. The new crew seems ok, but maybe a little to "FM morning zoo" for me. I'll keep my subscription, but I doubt I will listen to every episode.

Inside the Magic is another pod I listen to quite a bit. But I'm not a fan of his Bluray review and non-theme park stuff, so sometimes I skip some episodes.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Same here....I have listened to a crazy number of the WDW Today podcasts. The new crew seems ok, but maybe a little to "FM morning zoo" for me. I'll keep my subscription, but I doubt I will listen to every episode.

Inside the Magic is another pod I listen to quite a bit. But I'm not a fan of his Bluray review and non-theme park stuff, so sometimes I skip some episodes.

It's a shame Ricky from Inside the Magic doesn't make episodes anymore. There hasn't been an episode for a few months now.

wdwtopten

Original Poster
It's a shame Ricky from Inside the Magic doesn't make episodes anymore. There hasn't been an episode for a few months now.

I just noticed today that his last podcast was from November and it was only ~20 minutes long.

I poked around his web page to see if he had made some sort of announcement about ending the podcast, but I didn't find anything.

Doodlyday

Do you have a favorite WDW podcast? I'm looking for a couple to start listening to...
One that is not very popular but I find amazing is the WDW-Memories Podcast. This one has a huge backlog of great ride audio, nice and clear, and he often starts walking up to the attraction all the way to the exit. Great if you just want to relax and listen.

MississippiBelle

I just noticed today that his last podcast was from November and it was only ~20 minutes long.

I poked around his web page to see if he had made some sort of announcement about ending the podcast, but I didn't find anything.

Another one I loved! When I tried to find some sort of announcement of the podcast ending after he mentioned he was cutting back on one episode due to "personal issues that needed to be addressed", all I could find was some sort of Twitter drama involving him. Not sure what it was about, nor do I really care to find out. Miss his news and information about the parks though!

TaraA-225

Do you have a favorite WDW podcast? I'm looking for a couple to start listening to...

Thanks for posting this question! I've been looking for more suggestions, too.

So far, I like WDW Radio with Lou. Like others have said, he is overly enthusiastic about everything, but I really enjoy his podcasts. For instance, I listened to an episode on Epcot and he didn't really say anything critical about Epcot rides, which let's face it, Epcoct has some things that need improvement. I liked his podcast on movies to watch, and he's just a really upbeat guy.

I've also listened to MouseChat. Some of the podcasts are very "eh," but their podcast re: best use of FastPass+ was really good. Especially if you're traveling with kids. They broke it down into ages plus whether or not you had an adventurous kid. I also liked some of their restaurant reviews. The positive thing about them is they are honest, so if something sucks they say it sucks.

wdw47

WDW Radio is too much for me. Mongello has worn me out. Inside the Magic basically did the same thing. I get a weird vibe from Ricky.

I'll echo a few others posters' ideas on The Disney Dish, Wedway and the old WDW Today.

Mighty Men of Mouse is a current favorite. Smart and great insight on WDW.

Radio Harambe is really well done too. It's AK centric but still very strong.

The Disney Hipsters are fun too but it may not appeal to all. More of an adult take on things.

Enchanted Tiki Talk and WDW Northeast are a few others I enjoy.

danyoung56

I enjoy the Season Pass Podcast (seasonpasspodcast.com). The host covers all parks, not just Disney. He'll have interviews with people like Tony Baxter, Marty Sklar, etc. Very good content!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom