What are your Favorite Things to do outside of the 4 Theme Parks?

minniemickeyfan

What are your favorite things to do at Disney besides the theme parks and water parks?
The reason I ask is I'm trying to come up with things to do on 3 days will be at Disney where we won't be using one of our ticket days. We're planning on using one of our options to visit the 2 water parks on 2 of the 3 days, but will probably only last until lunch or so.
Would love to hear your ideas or your favorites! If it helps we are a family with an DD18, and DS 2 (big gap I know)
Thanks!!

wdwfan4ver

This is is what I do at Disney outside of the theme parks:

Playing Miniature Golf at Fantasia Gardens
Watch the Electric Water Pageant at night from one of the 3 Magic Kingdom Hotels
Visit other Disney Hotels that you are not staying at for stuff like arcades, other hotel eating places, and look at hotel shops.
Go to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. What I do at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs is watch Cirque Du Soleil La Nouba, look in shops, Disney Quest, and eat at Ghirardelli's for a sundae.

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

I'll 2nd or 3rd the resort hopping. If you want a different perspective of the Magic Kingdom fireworks, you could go to the Poly (can you still see them from there?) or the boat dock at the TTC, or even on the bridge between the Contemporary and BLT. For EPCOT, you can always go over to the Boardwalk and watch Illuminations from there, as well as, certain times of the week (I think the weekends) they have performers out doing little shows.

Downtown Disney, even with all the construction, still has a lot to offer. Stuff for everybody (Splitsville for some bowling maybe?).

Upvote 0

SamandChel

Definitely resort hop. I love the boardwalk. It's fun to walk around and shop/eat. along with downtown Disney. There's plenty there to keep you busy for hours. If you are willing to leave Disney definitely go to sea world. There's also an awesome go kart track in Orlando not far outside disney. Also there is a nice Dave and busters. The local area has a lot to offer but staying on Disney does too. it's whether or not you are willing to leave the property. My family has spent the entire day just relaxing at the pool and going to downtown Disney. Still a lot of fun.

Add: Dont forget the mini golf courses on property!

Upvote 0

SDisney90

Resort hopping is always fun especially on the monorail loop. Try all the different snacks the resorts are known for IE Zebra domes. Head to DTD do some shopping, eating, some entertainment there on certain nights also. Mini golfing is always a fun option or head out of the Disney bubble and head to outlets like previous users have said. Plenty to do :)

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

DTD for shopping and pin trading. Resort hopping. Love to sit at the bar at POR and listen to the guy playing the piano. Go to Boardwalk and hit ESPN bar, Jellyrolls, or enjoy the performers. Go to the Poly to watch fireworks on the beach and drink a Lapu Lapu. I am not sure what the view is like now with the houses on the water.

Upvote 0

travelgal79

The boardwalk and watching the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian are 2 of my favourites. Also love Downtown Disney (sometimes we catch a movie at the AMC - they are cheaper for the shows before noon), or we had out to the outlet malls for some retail therapy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom