What are the odds for a night parade in 2021?

What are the odds of a night parade for the 50th?

• 0%-25%

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • 26%-50%

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • 51%-75%

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 76%-100%

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters

iMax

Original Poster
I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks, but what do you think are the odds that a night parade of any capacity (new, borrowed, etc.) will finally arrive to Magic Kingdom for the 50th anniversary in 2021.

I'm thinking its an 80% chance we get something, it's been 3 years since MSEP left and all guests keep asking is "What time is the night parade?" Only to be told that it's over in California (which has a brand stinking new parade less than five years old sitting in a wearhouse for no reason while Hong Kong's has been running nonstop since 2014.) So it's definitely high in demand, its just the matter of fact if TDO will actually listen and do something about it.

Also a side note, I have a strong feeling WDW's 50th will be nowhere in comparison to DLR's 50th.

Heppenheimer

I wonder if part of the reason for no night-time parades comse down simply to a matter of physical logistics. Since we all agree that the parks are far more crowded than in prior years, perhaps there simply isn't reliably enough room to place all the potential spectators along the route, while leaving enough room for both the parade and open foot traffic corridors. Daytime parades can probably still function because a sizable percentage of guests choose not to watch them. But my memories of the Main Street Electrical Parade and Spectromagic were that almost everyone would gather for the night time entertainment, since they were some of the highlights of a visit to the Magic Kingdom.

KevinPage

F4EE8235-37BC-49B2-9D8E-1CB74139566B.gif

SirWillow

They've gone how long without a night parade?

and at a time when they've eliminated every other parade other than the afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom?

Sorry, but without a major change in management and philosophy on how to run the parks, not going to happen anytime soon.

MaryJaneP

As others have pointed out, it is hard to see how they could pull off a nighttime parade when most of the parade route is already consigned as the "only" place to view the projections used in HEA. We put the odds very low to non-existent.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I did vote >75% :D I think it is in WDW's best interest for many reasons to have a new night parade launch for the 50th.

Disnerd2003

As I posted in another thread (I've been with TDO for 30 years): Disneyland is a ghost town and PTN is extremely expensive to operate. That sits while the arguably more profitable and cheaper parade to run performs. Using my knowledge gained during company tenure, I can confidently say that management here in WDW is in a panic attack right now. CM hours are being cut, deals are popping up, and as a 30 year vet of TDO who has seen the ups and downs, I can say that it's a disaster here. Management is looking for anything to draw back in crowds and nostalgia sells like nothing else. We've been told that the new fireworks show is going to play similarly to Epcot Forever, but much better. This nostalgia factor is going to bring in crowds by the numbers. To match this, Disney is going to send the MEP back to Orlando, spend the next year fixing and repairing it, and use it for the 50th anniversary. It will draw in crowds and genuinely please most. The 50th is going to be a celebration of the history of the Magic Kingdom. For that, Disney needs this nostalgia. Get ready for MSEP Spring 2021. The announcement on Fireworks and Parade is coming at Destination D next fall.

Tom P.

I had it deleted due to the other people's hostility. I may make a new one soon. If you want i'll PM the details.
I read the entire thread from beginning to end, and also posted a comment of my own. I do not think you were seeing any hostility. I have been around these boards for a long time. Things can get WAY more hostile than that. That wasn't even a 2 on the hostility-o-meter.

What I think you were encountering was skepticism concerning the legitimacy of the claims you were making about yourself and your position within Disney. If you cannot handle folks challenging the authenticity of your claims, and view that as hostility toward you, then you are probably in the wrong place.

VaderTron

Ummmm what happened to the other thread?
I think my "your not fooling anyone" post might have spooked the OP...or maybe they got caught. Either way, not as brilliant they thought they were "sneeking through the shadows".

Honestly, my guess is it was a puppet account used to test the idea on real people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom