What are the current chances that late park hours are added to the current schedule?

Boomerdog

Original Poster
How often are late hours currently being added in DW? Either EMH or extended park hours. For instance, there are no late hours on Sunday and Monday of Thanksgiving week. Last year, it was Sunday HW and Monday MK. Since that is a busy time, do the chances go up?

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
And to add EMH never technically get added after the fact. The EMH may change on the day they are already having them to different times because the regular park hours get extended but the EMH will be for the same amount of time 1 hour in the morning or 2 hours at night. The only thing that may get actually added is extending the hours a bit usually most commonly at MK and HS in the fall. But in our experience when changed it may only be 1-2 extra hours and not a huge increase. Also they sometimes don't even change them until the day prior or day of when we go mid -late October, early November, or early December. Sometimes the hours change sooner but it can be last minute. So there is no guarantee and there is no guarantee when if they do change them slightly. The fall hours are shorter than the rest of the year with exceptions of the holiday weeks they will be later than the rest of the fall to handle the crowds. :)

Last edited:

ratherbeinwdw

I would not count on those hours. During extremely busy weeks, they almost always extend regular hours--sometimes making extra hours a waste. Let me explain that. They will do this with little notice. For example, twice we have planned early breakfasts at CP to get in the park before the crowds, to only have them open at 8 instead of 9, defeating the purpose of the early adr. They also moved early hours up to 7a.m.. It's really hard to get there that early. In December, it was a few weeks before, so it was too late to change our ressie. Many nights, they extended the regular hours making the extra hours too late for us to enjoy.
We were tired and ready to go back to our resort. They have to do this because of the extreme crowds. It can even happen day of.
I guess it's only fair to the non-Disney resort guests who haven't been able to get on many rides at all. We'll just try to not go those extreme weeks anymore.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How often are late hours currently being added in DW? Either EMH or extended park hours. For instance, there are no late hours on Sunday and Monday of Thanksgiving week. Last year, it was Sunday HW and Monday MK. Since that is a busy time, do the chances go up?
Very likely.

The first round of hours are provisional, and only really useful for seeing EMH schedule. The actual park hours are nearly always changed a couple of months out.

bethymouse

Very likely.

The first round of hours are provisional, and only really useful for seeing EMH schedule. The actual park hours are nearly always changed a couple of months out.
Then I am quite curious as to why Magic Kingdom is closing so early June 2-8, which is "peak season" I believe.:confused: The extra magic hours are also few and far between for that time as well.:( They have decided to keep the late hours of Animal Kingdom until 11pm!:eek: I just can't believe Magic Kingdom is closed at 10 pm, especially when crowd levels are predicted to be 9 out of 10!:eek:

JourneysEnd

Then I am quite curious as to why Magic Kingdom is closing so early June 2-8, which is "peak season" I believe.:confused: The extra magic hours are also few and far between for that time as well.:( They have decided to keep the late hours of Animal Kingdom until 11pm!:eek: I just can't believe Magic Kingdom is closed at 10 pm, especially when crowd levels are predicted to be 9 out of 10!:eek:
Those hours have already been changed to 11pm on most days.

bethymouse

Thank you @JourneysEnd . I just checked. They must have very recently changed the hours. It looks like even more extra magic hours have been added as well.:) I'm glad the hours are extended, but that means the parks will be more crowded!:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom