What are the best guesses to WDW pricing changes/promotions over the next year?

coachb

If it was just supply and demand, prices would be way down; but I know perceived value plays a big roll in how things are priced.

I’m assuming tickets prices probably aren’t going down, but do you all see hotel prices being slashed and dining plans deals like we saw post 2008?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If it was just supply and demand, prices would be way down; but I know perceived value plays a big roll in how things are priced.

I’m assuming tickets prices probably aren’t going down, but do you all see hotel prices being slashed and dining plans deals like we saw post 2008?
Yes I expect tickets to remain unchanged, but with ticket promos for Florida residents etc. along with lots of discounts and offers on resorts.

Upvote 0

coachb

Original Poster
Yes I expect tickets to remain unchanged, but with ticket promos for Florida residents etc. along with lots of discounts and offers on resorts.
My family did our first big trip in 2009. We were able to bring down grandparents and some cousins with us. Haven’t done it like that since then due to overall cost of a trip going up.

I don’t live in Florida so I’m waiting for the non-Florida incentives to roll out and consider a big trip in 2021 (assuming the best with Covid).

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Disneys losses have been big ( and still losing more ) and its unknown as to how they will recover those losses. Its going to be a wait and see game. The next year (or several) will be crucial in the companies future. So much is being put on hold and cuts being made all across property. Disney will be forced to do something that entices people to book trips. They want to attract those back who previously cancelled and did not rebook right away as well as entice new vacationers. I'm sure numbers are being crunched, various deals are being considered already. Its just going to be when will it be the best financially beneficial for them to roll them out. To be willing to accept those deals, people need to be in a place where they feel comfortably virus safe in the resorts and parks, and also secure in their personal monetary future situation. Deals will come but how much and when depends on what the future holds.

Upvote 0

Capsin4

There will be more promotions for sure. It’s easy to think they’ll be major but limited capacity will put pressure the opposite way. I’m sure there’s lots of uncertainty on how to get the right balance of promotions as they struggle to reopen resorts. Still, I’ve read that occupancy rates are in the teens so they’ll probably have something sooner rather than later.

They’ve already rolled out nice room discounts for FL residents and APs. They also have military room and ticket discounts available and a new discount on merchandise for APs.

That along with the shifting of capacity to APs at the parks means they’re trying to lift local attendance first. Price isn’t the main driver in attendance right now. It is somewhat but the fear, mandatory quarantines and outright travel bans means promotions for non-locals will have a smaller effect than usual. I’d think that uncertainty might delay more general promotions.

With all the closures, I dont think a free dining plan is workable. Maybe a modified version like the qs meal per day or whatever it was. Promos for the general public in the September to December period typically get released as early as June and as late as October with August being pretty common. Who knows what will happen now but I think there’s a good chance for more 2020 promos before or at the end of September. Current promotions end at the end of Sept and new ones almost always follow.

Upvote 0

DisAl

They need to recover lost revenue but if they are too aggressive in doing so they will end up keeping people from coming and be in even worse shape. Sort of like the panhandler who asked a man walking down the street "Sir, can you spare $500 for a cup of coffee?" To which the man replied "Are you crazy, coffee doesn't cost $500!" The panhandler replied "Yes, I know, but I don't have much time today and I decided to put all my begs in one askit."
They have a fine line between enticing people to come back and people deciding it is not worth it. Especially since so much is not open yet the value is simply not there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom