What are some of the ways you save for your Disney trip

Tiggerfanatic

I save change - I'm almost rabid about it. If something costs $4.01, I give the clerk a $5 and the change immediately goes into my purse to be dumped in the jar as soon as I get home.

Our grocery store sells Disney gift cards - every week when I buy groceries, I pick up either a $25 or $50 card.

Disney Visa points.

Direct deposit into a vacation club at my Credit Union.

All "found" money goes into the Disney fund.

LoriMistress

I do all the planning when it comes to vacations. Start off by purchasing at least one $25-50 Disney gift card a month. You can purchase them at your local grocery store. I also go through a a discount park tickets website to purchase our tickets. I go through AAA when it comes to our rooms. We also have a coin jar, but we rarely have cash on us (only has around $20 in it). I also have a Disney ATM and CC that gives me Disney Dollars.

HisDisneyMagoo

For our trip we are saving all change and putting into a bucket, taking a little out of every check ( we saved for about a year so a little from each check adds up) plus the week that we leave we are hitting walmart to buy food, drinks and snacks to keep in the room and for the road so we don't have to stop and get fast food, also we are bringing breakfast food so that is money we save too. we also bring a bottle of water in the park so we are not spending too much on a soft drink. we just refill at water fountains. those are just a few things that have and will save a good bit of money

yensid67

My savings tip isn't as common as most...We are both on disability, I have been planning this trip for 11 years now, BUT we have a budget plan that will allow us to take our trip in December 2012. By putting back $100 each month we can pay for our trip in August of 2012, the rest of 2012 will be extra cash for the rising costs of flight, hotel and rental car.
I am buying my Park Tickets in May 2011, so that can be used as an incentive to go even more, or be out $500! This will free up the rest of the months to pay for Flight and Hotel. Rental Car will be paid from paying down a credit card! What about spending money you ask? Well, where I live, Pennsylvania, we get a RENT REBATE each year like most people get tax return checks, since we are on disability we don't file taxes. We usually get around $400-$500 in rebate money, which is financed not through the government, but thru the lottery. When I see someone buying a scratch off ticket, I think about Disney! LOL!

But the fact of just saving and not touching the savings is hard too! But I have been on a budget for the past 11 years, I hope I am disaplined enought to be good!:ROFLOL:

Lord Pheonix

here are some of the ways i save:

i have no grocery bill. you see a stray cat, i see dinner.

i have no utilities bill. i just steal everyones papers and phonebooks every morning and burn them for heat, and i sneak over to the neighbors with an extention cord and plug in for power.

i have no gas bill. at night i sneak out and cyphen gas out of everyones cars.

i dont need toilet paper, just dont shake my left hand....

just a few, lol.

actually the tax return idea is good, iv used it a few times, but mostly i go tru a travel agent, book a year in advance so between the advanced savings, going during the value season, (usually the first 2 weeks in dec), and the ability to make payments on the trip for the next year make the cost alot less noticable. also at alot of banks you can create a savings account and have the bank automatically transfer a specific amount per week, $200 for me, into it. by the time the trip rolls around you have alot in it to spend.

copcarguyp71

Well this will work for a very small portion of the folks but I own two companies so I watch for conventions going on in the Orlando area that are applicable to my industries and then book during those times so that I can write off the vacation. I do the right thing though and only write off the cost for me to travel and take the money for my DW and DD out of the vacation fund. I attend the convention at least one day to keep it on the up and up but it is a very small compromise to make so that I can offset the cost of the vacation.

dvcnut39

Two ways-

1- Visa Disney rewards and.....

2- Overtime- lots and lots of overtime- almost all of our trips are pre-paid for with ot.

bigorangeandy

I do the change thing, but instead of a jar or bucket I have a coin sorter that was a Christmas present a few years ago, this way I can see how much I am saving. I've also sold things on ebay in the past, that has brought in several hundred dollars, enough to pay for most dinners during our trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom