What are some fun, hidden things to do inside the Walt Disney World Parks?

Tyler Moore

Original Poster
I've been numerous times and now to add to the fun I have been looking for fun things that people usually don't notice or anything fun and hidden haha. I've found some but not a lot but heres a few:
Open the boxs that say don't open outside of the Indian Jones Show
Be the first to find the box Tinkerbell is in inside of Tinkerbell's Treasures\
Find Holly Wood Tower of Terror IN Epcot

Rasvar

I am having a brain block but one of my favorite is in the Main Street Shop that sells the kitchen goods (for some reason I just can't remember the name). Picking the the receiver of the old phone and just listening to the old party line call.

Tyler Moore

Original Poster
Here, I'll post all of the ones I have found:
Magic Kingdom:
· When you walk under the Magic Kingdom train station, go into the Disneyana store on your right. As you enter the building, go to the right and towards the rear of the building. Along the way you'll find an area where you can play “Who wants to be a Millionaire” on some special machines. But you want to keep going towards the back to see if you can find part of a former Magic Kingdom attraction.
· When riding pooh bear look for a picture of “toads wild ride” handing over a deed
· Ride Carrousel of progress and pay attention to hidden mickeys and details
· Mickey is looking for a key to the garage washroom in toontown… hint: you can spot this key from the street
· Find birdhouses on splash mountain… hint: you don’t have to ride the ride to find them
· Find the Water Fountain behind Cinderella’s castle; it is Cinderella holding a bird. If you stand in front of it and curtsey something will happen, but what?
· Find the telephones in the stores along Main street, Pick one up for a surprise.
· Next to Pizza Planet is a shop named DHS with several large wooden packing crates; trying lifting the lids off a few.
· On Pirates of the Caribbean during the fire scene scream George 3 times and sees what happens. Legend says an imaginer named George died while constructing the ride. He is said to haunt the ride unless the CMs say goodnight to him each evening.
· Go into Tinkerbelle Treasures and find a special box containing a sleeping Tinkerbelle. If you are the first guest to find her then you might be lucky enough to be asked to wake her up. If so then there will be a surprise for everyone in the store.
· In Fantasyland, pull the sword from the stone and you could be the lucky one to actually pull it out.
· Tonys Town Square on Main Street is a replica of the Lady & the Tramp restaurant; you can find paw prints with hearts around them near the front of the store.
· There are special fast pass pictures a photographer may offer to take for you, but usually you have to ask. You can ask to do all sorts of things in the picture but you must ask the photographer which one they can do.
·
Epcot:
· Find the Hollywood Tower of Terror in Epcot. First, find what direction MGM is from Epcot then you when you find it try to find the optical illusion.
· There is a hidden mickey located 4 inches above a pair of eyes.
· Find a maypole and figure out how to make it turn and stop.
· Locate a working ferris wheel, figure out how to make it stop and go.
· “Now here's one that may take time. Did you know that there is a musical band in Epcot that plays music all day long? It is special music because the instruments in this band are not played by humans and you can find this band playing outdoors. So, where do you find this band? That's your task.”
· At night, find colored lights to WALK on
· To find the very center of Walt Disney world you must go to Future World in Epcot. It is a great place to get your picture taken.
· There is an African Outpost where you can try to open crates.
MGM:
ü There is an area where you can walk to props from one of the most famous movies of all time. These props are outdoors and you might recognize them when you see them, but where are they?
ü There are holes all over the park and if you do something then they will talk. Be on the lookout for holes “that just might be itching to say something”.
ü Find the large optical illusion while making your way to Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show. Hint: It is easier to see from far away than up close and this illusion can be found at the location of a former popular MGM attraction.
ü Around closing time go to the Star Wars attraction and be VERY quiet, you will be able to hear Ewoks gathered around a campfire talking about their plans for the next day.
ü At Muppets 3D once you walk in there is a ticket window to the right with a “Closed – key under mat” sign. Look under the mat and see if the key is REALLY there!
ü By Indian Jones there are crates hidden in the bushes marked “don’t open” – go ahead and open them!
ü Also, next to Indian Jones is a well with a rope in it, pull the rope for a surprise.
ü In the Honey I shrunk the kids playground find a dog nose next to a garden hose and put your hand inside it.
Other Areas:
When getting on the Riverboat ask to ride in the pilot house and receive official riverboat pilots certificates

J03Y

I've been numerous times and now to add to the fun I have been looking for fun things that people usually don't notice or anything fun and hidden haha. I've found some but not a lot but heres a few:
Open the boxs that say don't open outside of the Indian Jones Show
Be the first to find the box Tinkerbell is in inside of Tinkerbell's Treasures\
Find Holly Wood Tower of Terror IN Epcot

WHAT??? why am i just now hearing about this? :eek: o_O

what the... i've done so many, but i'm having a brain fart... i know about some Hidden Mickeys, like a couple on the Maelstrom ride in Epcot. there are creases on a woman's shirt where her arm meets her torso and the creases on the shirt make a Mickey ear, and one of the vikings in the boat is wearing a pair of Mickey ears...

EDIT: there are the huge canvas painting where you board the boats, sorry forgot to mention that

J03Y

Here, I'll post all of the ones I have found:
Magic Kingdom:
·When you walk under the Magic Kingdom train station, go into the Disneyana store on your right. As you enter the building, go to the right and towards the rear of the building. Along the way you'll find an area where you can play “Who wants to be a Millionaire” on some special machines. But you want to keep going towards the back to see if you can find part of a former Magic Kingdom attraction.
·When riding pooh bear look for a picture of “toads wild ride” handing over a deed
·Ride Carrousel of progress and pay attention to hidden mickeys and details
·Mickey is looking for a key to the garage washroom in toontown… hint: you can spot this key from the street
·Find birdhouses on splash mountain… hint: you don’t have to ride the ride to find them
·Find the Water Fountain behind Cinderella’s castle; it is Cinderella holding a bird. If you stand in front of it and curtsey something will happen, but what?
·Find the telephones in the stores along Main street, Pick one up for a surprise.
·Next to Pizza Planet is a shop named DHS with several large wooden packing crates; trying lifting the lids off a few.
·On Pirates of the Caribbean during the fire scene scream George 3 times and sees what happens. Legend says an imaginer named George died while constructing the ride. He is said to haunt the ride unless the CMs say goodnight to him each evening.
·Go into Tinkerbelle Treasures and find a special box containing a sleeping Tinkerbelle. If you are the first guest to find her then you might be lucky enough to be asked to wake her up. If so then there will be a surprise for everyone in the store.
·In Fantasyland, pull the sword from the stone and you could be the lucky one to actually pull it out.
·Tonys Town Square on Main Street is a replica of the Lady & the Tramp restaurant; you can find paw prints with hearts around them near the front of the store.
·There are special fast pass pictures a photographer may offer to take for you, but usually you have to ask. You can ask to do all sorts of things in the picture but you must ask the photographer which one they can do.
·
Epcot:
·Find the Hollywood Tower of Terror in Epcot. First, find what direction MGM is from Epcot then you when you find it try to find the optical illusion.
·There is a hidden mickey located 4 inches above a pair of eyes.
·Find a maypole and figure out how to make it turn and stop.
·Locate a working ferris wheel, figure out how to make it stop and go.
·“Now here's one that may take time. Did you know that there is a musical band in Epcot that plays music all day long? It is special music because the instruments in this band are not played by humans and you can find this band playing outdoors. So, where do you find this band? That's your task.”
·At night, find colored lights to WALK on
·To find the very center of Walt Disney world you must go to Future World in Epcot. It is a great place to get your picture taken.
·There is an African Outpost where you can try to open crates.
MGM:
üThere is an area where you can walk to props from one of the most famous movies of all time. These props are outdoors and you might recognize them when you see them, but where are they?
üThere are holes all over the park and if you do something then they will talk. Be on the lookout for holes “that just might be itching to say something”.
üFind the large optical illusion while making your way to Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show. Hint: It is easier to see from far away than up close and this illusion can be found at the location of a former popular MGM attraction.
üAround closing time go to the Star Wars attraction and be VERY quiet, you will be able to hear Ewoks gathered around a campfire talking about their plans for the next day.
üAt Muppets 3D once you walk in there is a ticket window to the right with a “Closed – key under mat” sign. Look under the mat and see if the key is REALLY there!
üBy Indian Jones there are crates hidden in the bushes marked “don’t open” – go ahead and open them!
üAlso, next to Indian Jones is a well with a rope in it, pull the rope for a surprise.
üIn the Honey I shrunk the kids playground find a dog nose next to a garden hose and put your hand inside it.
Other Areas:
When getting on the Riverboat ask to ride in the pilot house and receive official riverboat pilots certificates

this is all just so beautiful. thank you for sharing your secrets. i greatly appreciate this new goal in my life.

JIMINYCR

You have got to ask a CM for permission, but ask one to show you the hallway in Haunted Mansion ( I think I remember the door is labeled servants quarters ) by the exit, that has displays of room keys and room bells.

FettFan

WHAT??? why am i just now hearing about this? :eek: o_O

Stand on the steps of the Mexico Pavilion and look at Morocco across the lake.
tumblr_m1rg1sK5gH1rsirpuo1_500.jpg

When they were designing the Tower of Terror, they realized it was so tall that it would be seen from Epcot. So they copied the architectural style and color scheme of Morocco so that it would blend in and not break the illusion.

EDIT -- This is also the reason I don't want them to relocate the giant sorcerer's hat closer to the parking lot, since you'd be seeing that big blue turd peeking up over Japan.

Tyler Moore

Original Poster
Stand on the steps of the Mexico Pavilion and look at Morocco across the lake.
tumblr_m1rg1sK5gH1rsirpuo1_500.jpg

When they were designing the Tower of Terror, they realized it was so tall that it would be seen from Epcot. So they copied the architectural style and color scheme of Morocco so that it would blend in and not break the illusion.

EDIT -- This is also the reason I don't want them to relocate the giant sorcerer's hat closer to the parking lot, since you'd be seeing that big blue turd peeking up over Japan.
Aw :( Part of the fun was going to be finding the Tower of Terror from Epcot.

Tyler Moore

Original Poster
I like all of your hidden things except the one about screaming George on Pirates. It would be quite annoying to be sitting on the boat with that person screaming. People are annoying enough with their flash photography on that ride.o_O
Yeah, I've been wondering how I was gonna pull that off without bothering anyone else.

Rasvar

Call the phone booths in the UK in Epcot!!!

Hah. That reminds me of the fun when one of the bartenders at the Adventurers Club would call the duck phone and get a guest to answer and act like they were trying to order pizza from a resort hotel.

sgeist

Every day the CMs hide paintbrushes all around Tom Sawyer's island -- if you get on the first boat over to the island and find one they reward you with Fastpasses. My son found one on our last trip and he got FPs for both Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain (enough for our entire group).

As you can see in the photo, he was pretty proud of himself...

PaintBrush2 by smg9c, on Flickr

Tyler Moore

Original Poster
Every day the CMs hide paintbrushes all around Tom Sawyer's island -- if you get on the first boat over to the island and find one they reward you with Fastpasses. My son found one on our last trip and he got FPs for both Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain (enough for our entire group).

As you can see in the photo, he was pretty proud of himself...

PaintBrush2 by smg9c, on Flickr
I thought they closed down Tow Sawyers Island?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom