What an awesome email to see in your Inbox

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Just made my reservation for our Dec trip to the World and got that email that we love to see! :)

Probably the next best thing to actually being there.

12 days till I can start making ADR's but I pretty much know already where we want to eat. It'll just be a matter of getting up early (7:30 AM ET?) on that day to hopefully get the times/places that we are wanting.

So far don't see much that I can do on the My Disney Experience site. I guess that Fastpass+ and other things will be available once that I hit the 180 days till threshold.

I did make my reservation for MVMCP.

bsiev1977

Just made my reservation for our Dec trip to the World and got that email that we love to see! :)

12 days till I can start making ADR's but I pretty much know already where we want to eat. It'll just be a matter of getting up early (7:30 AM ET?) on that day to hopefully get the times/places that we are wanting.

So far don't see much that I can do on the My Disney Experience site. I guess that Fastpass+ and other things will be available once that I hit the 180 days till threshold.

I'm about the same time as you. I can make my ADRs on June 10.

FP+ isn't up and running yet, so you won't be able to anything in that regard. I guess there's a chance at some point of getting selected for testing.

Upvote 0

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm about the same time as you. I can make my ADRs on June 10.

FP+ isn't up and running yet, so you won't be able to anything in that regard. I guess there's a chance at some point of getting selected for testing.

I'm actually one of those in the minority who hopes that they have the new wristbands in use at the time of our trip. One of the reasons why I chose to do a trip at the very end of this year.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I'm actually one of those in the minority who hopes that they have the new wristbands in use at the time of our trip. One of the reasons why I chose to do a trip at the very end of this year.
I'm sorta indifferent about the Bands. If they are in use, I'm cool with that. Otherwise, I'm familiar with the old system so that's good for me too.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

Sorry, but what email is that? From WDW reservations confirming your reservation? Sorry, sort of a newbie...
no worries! lol....when we all get that email that says "Congratulations! You've just booked your Walt Disney World vacation!".....its just a great day...we have 331 days left but well be able to book in about 2 or 3 weeks!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I'm actually quite jealous of your email! For whatever reason, I didn't get one for this trip...at least not until I changed my lodging reservations for the current discounts. Have fun with ADRs!!! :)

Upvote 0

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm actually quite jealous of your email! For whatever reason, I didn't get one for this trip...at least not until I changed my lodging reservations for the current discounts. Have fun with ADRs!!! :)

I didn't get nearly the fancy/personalized one that I got in the past but it's not the end of the world. It still has my confirmation number and that made my weekend! Have fingers and toes crossed that I can get some good times with my ADR's since I'll be doing everything right at the 180 day mark.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I didn't get nearly the fancy/personalized one that I got in the past but it's not the end of the world. It still has my confirmation number and that made my weekend! Have fingers and toes crossed that I can get some good times with my ADR's since I'll be doing everything right at the 180 day mark.

I know that feeling. You might want to try out that link I posted a while back to the GB Disney site. If you can get it to work, you'll be able to book 180+10 online and have a 1 hr edge on the phones. I know a few people have had issue with it, but many have been able to make it work and get everything done long before the phones open.

Upvote 0

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Original Poster
I know that feeling. You might want to try out that link I posted a while back to the GB Disney site. If you can get it to work, you'll be able to book 180+10 online and have a 1 hr edge on the phones. I know a few people have had issue with it, but many have been able to make it work and get everything done long before the phones open.

Is the link that you posted different from the "normal" Disney reservation website?

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Is the link that you posted different from the "normal" Disney reservation website?

You'll be entering via the British site. You'll want to make sure you've cleared out all of your browsers (some people also found clearing cookies helped) before trying the link since it will take you to the new site if you don't.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/
It should launch a site that looks like the old Disney site...and when you click on the "Where to Eat" area at the top, it should take you to a page that looks just like the old dining site. Obviously, you can't test 180+10 until you are right at 6am ET on your 180 mark, but seeing as how it will give you an edge on the phones...there's really no harm in trying it. It worked like a dream for me.

There's more info on this thread... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/180-10-online-success.862083/

Upvote 0

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Original Poster
You'll be entering via the British site. You'll want to make sure you've cleared out all of your browsers (some people also found clearing cookies helped) before trying the link since it will take you to the new site if you don't.
It should launch a site that looks like the old Disney site...and when you click on the "Where to Eat" area at the top, it should take you to a page that looks just like the old dining site. Obviously, you can't test 180+10 until you are right at 6am ET on your 180 mark, but seeing as how it will give you an edge on the phones...there's really no harm in trying it. It worked like a dream for me.

There's more info on this thread... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/180-10-online-success.862083/

Awesome, thanks! :)

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I set this thread to "watch", so I don't forget this. My ADR day is coming up soon.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Always a good thing to see! :)

Upvote 0

Sassagoula-Rvr

Call for ADR's...don't mess around with new web interface. I was on hold for 45 minutes though before I got through....everything booked SO quickly. We had to settle for some weird meal times...but hey, at least we got in.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Call for ADR's...don't mess around with new web interface. I was on hold for 45 minutes though before I got through....everything booked SO quickly. We had to settle for some weird meal times...but hey, at least we got in.

Aside from a few tours i'm going to do in December, i'm pretty open as to my meal times. That should make things easier.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom