What a game!

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Holy crap, easily one of the best championship games I've ever seen. Both teams deserved to win, but Vince Young was the best player on the field tonight and got the victory with his legs. Congrats to Texas fans and all USC fans will have to remember, they have 1.5 championships in the past to years to hang their hat on.

I'm drained :lol:

bsandersjr

Good for USC. Buncha punks. The streak would not have gotten to 34 consecutive wins if they woulda played LSU a few years ago.

Leinart's comments after the game prove what a stuck up arrogant moron he is. If he thinks USC was/is the better team..... Why did they lose?
He will be another first round bust in the NFL. Nothing better than a "college" QB.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
BUT they did interview the guy RIGHT after the game. I might have said the same thing in the heat of the moment. And the better team doesn't always win, but the best player on the field led his team to a well deserved victory tonight.

Number_6

I just have to go back to that play that Reggie Bush made fairly early in the game. Why the hell did he try to lateral? If he had just held onto the ball, USC would have been in good field position and had a shot at scoring again. I think that was easily one of the game changing plays right there. Good running back, but I think his brains ceased working at that moment in time.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
That was a questionable play because he wasn't really open. The bonehead play goes to the USC coaching staff when they called the timeout on a 2 pt conversion that didn't mean a ton. Either way they would need that timeout to get a decent shot at a FG. I think USC should have punted there, but if they had got the 1st down they would have won and it would have been the best call ever. But the timeout call killed them.

CaptainMichael

bsandersjr said:
Good for USC. Buncha punks. The streak would not have gotten to 34 consecutive wins if they woulda played LSU a few years ago..
Yes, it would have ended a looooong time ago!
bsandersjr said:
Leinart's comments after the game prove what a stuck up arrogant moron he is. If he thinks USC was/is the better team..... Why did they lose?
He will be another first round bust in the NFL. Nothing better than a "college" QB.
Talk nicely about the next quarterback of the New Orleans Saints! The man has talent and will do wonders for our offense.

Vince Young=the next Michael Vick which= a bust in the NFL

bsandersjr

Vince Young will be 10x better than Vick. Why? Young can throw the ball with accuracy, plus his size won't hurt him. If the Saints draft Leinart, it really would not suprise me. With the exception of Deuce, they usually screw up their draft anyway.

Wilt Dasney

STR8FAN2005 said:
Without the love and praise of the media, Mike Vick is a failed quaterback that is repeatedly injured because all he can do is run.
I agree that he takes too many chances on the field, but isn't that more of a function of the Falcons' thin offensive options than of his merits as a player? Without Vick, that offense would be nowhere. I think "failed" is a harsh term. He has put Atlanta on the football map the last few years.

bsandersjr

Dunn has put Atlanta on the map as far as play goes. If Vick is such a great QB, why can't ATL have two consecutive winning seasons. Look at Manning. Heck, that's too easy. Look at Delhomme, Plummer, Green. Those guys are quarterbacks. Vick is a runningback who happens to have a strong, but not accurate arm. Don't get me wrong, he is very talented, but NOT an NFL QB. The Falcons will never win a superbowl, or even make it there with Vick at QB.

SpongeScott

bsandersjr said:
Good for USC. Buncha punks. The streak would not have gotten to 34 consecutive wins if they woulda played LSU a few years ago.
USC didn't have the choice to play or not play LSU. The BCS chose the games.

Showed some class when he and Bush went over to the UT locker room and congratulated them.
And right in your own backyard of New Orleans. Better get used to him.

Wilt Dasney

Disnut said:
:sohappy: :sohappy: Texas Won:sohappy: :sohappy: It was a good game. I was worried there for awhile but we won.
I would have been more than worried as a Texas fan. At 38-26 late in the 4th, I thought it was over. USC had outscored the Horns 31-10 since halftime at that point, and looked completely in control. It was really an amazing comeback.

MouseMadness

Number_6 said:
I just have to go back to that play that Reggie Bush made fairly early in the game. Why the hell did he try to lateral? If he had just held onto the ball, USC would have been in good field position and had a shot at scoring again. I think that was easily one of the game changing plays right there. Good running back, but I think his brains ceased working at that moment in time.

That is what my husband said to me. :lol: To which I smartly replied "uhhhh :lookaroun" :lol:

I should really send him to his brothers' so they can yell about this stuff together from now on. :eek:

Wilt Dasney

MouseMadness said:
That is what my husband said to me. :lol: To which I smartly replied "uhhhh :lookaroun" :lol:

I should really send him to his brothers' so they can yell about this stuff together from now on. :eek:
:lol:

You should have told him that you would explain it, but it's a bit complicated. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom