What a difference a day makes. cancelled last trip. Waaaaaa!!

eliza61nyc

What a difference a day makes, In January I was looking forward to 3 trips to the world. One was for a family wedding (on Mother's day weekend) and today I just canceled our family trip for August 23rd.
Very bittersweet, I know in the real world with all that's going on, this is a first world problem but no matter what others say Disney is still my family's happy place.
I don't think Disney is going to be operating at full steam this summer and I can't see paying full ticket price for a watered down experience. lol no fireworks!!:arghh:

I can't see how they are going to go from this to social distancing.
20170520_205227_001.jpg

So if you've canceled a trip or had Disney cancel it, have you rebooked? I may try for next May.

20170516_162621.jpg
20170517_105304.jpg

seriously missing my happy place

Last edited:

monykalyn

Got to get a kid down to UCF in August so if campus is open and WDW is open we will go. Have my usual September trip for HHN and usually spend a couple days at Food &Wine but whoosh- Disney hotels prices are INSANE, so haven’t booked that room yet. Also thinking about a Thanksgiving trip. We activated our APs in January, so I hope we get full experience not full price paid for 33% experience. We were supposed to leave next week for our first DLP/France trip for grad present. That’s pushed off til next May. With the super cheap airfare and flex change policies tempted to book a long weekend in October...it’s my kids birthday then too...

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Got to get a kid down to UCF in August so if campus is open and WDW is open we will go. Have my usual September trip for HHN and usually spend a couple days at Food &Wine but whoosh- Disney hotels prices are INSANE, so haven’t booked that room yet. Also thinking about a Thanksgiving trip. We activated our APs in January, so I hope we get full experience not full price paid for 33% experience. We were supposed to leave next week for our first DLP/France trip for grad present. That’s pushed off til next May. With the super cheap airfare and flex change policies tempted to book a long weekend in October...it’s my kids birthday then too...

I hope ucf opens up in fall. But all signs are pointing to online course work until October. Then move in mid semester.

Upvote 0

Artsmylife

We're scheduled for October with fingers crossed, for sure.
It's interesting @eliza61nyc, as you mentioned a watered down experience. I got to thinking, I am always scolded by my family for rushing here and there at Disney and never relaxing. I love Disney attractions with a passion, I could ride 7DMT 7 times in a row. But, I also love the dining, shopping and strolling that goes with a Disney trip. And I wonder if the expected changes will result in a more mellow experience, with maybe a little more time to enjoy things? I don't know, but if they're open and it feels safe, I'm willing to give it a try!
Just some information. They are thinking of only allowing 25% of the park capacity. Resort guests mostly at 1st. Also, reservations for everything-even to get in the gate, all the rides-fast pass system only for all rides, stores, restaurants, etc. All a reservation system. Disney springs opens tomorrow and locals are watching to see how that goes. I have two executives that gave me a little bit of info. There will be no meet and greets (characters will be able to be seen occasionally from a distance. No parades and fireworks. Epcot may not open at 1st due to all the internationals, college students, etc. have been sent home. They were even talking of having reservations by phone for all the stores in disney springs too. Does not look like regular local pass holders will get into the park at 1st either unless you have a reservation to stay on disney property. So, yes it is going to be different but as you said above-a lot less crowded so able to relax. But

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

Just some information. They are thinking of only allowing 25% of the park capacity. Resort guests mostly at 1st. Also, reservations for everything-even to get in the gate, all the rides-fast pass system only for all rides, stores, restaurants, etc. All a reservation system. Disney springs opens tomorrow and locals are watching to see how that goes. I have two executives that gave me a little bit of info. There will be no meet and greets (characters will be able to be seen occasionally from a distance. No parades and fireworks. Epcot may not open at 1st due to all the internationals, college students, etc. have been sent home. They were even talking of having reservations by phone for all the stores in disney springs too. Does not look like regular local pass holders will get into the park at 1st either unless you have a reservation to stay on disney property. So, yes it is going to be different but as you said above-a lot less crowded so able to relax. But
It's interesting to think about what type of system they could come up with for attractions. A virtual line is interesting but do you get one choice or many? Ahead of time or day of? Do you get more fast passes with set return times and the ability to use a standby line with social distancing markers? 🤔

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

We're scheduled for October with fingers crossed, for sure.
It's interesting @eliza61nyc, as you mentioned a watered down experience. I got to thinking, I am always scolded by my family for rushing here and there at Disney and never relaxing. I love Disney attractions with a passion, I could ride 7DMT 7 times in a row. But, I also love the dining, shopping and strolling that goes with a Disney trip. And I wonder if the expected changes will result in a more mellow experience, with maybe a little more time to enjoy things? I don't know, but if they're open and it feels safe, I'm willing to give it a try!
That's the problem, when it's crowded that is a great time to shop and eat, but if there are restrictions, I think those will be experiences affected.
I have a Thanksgiving trip and really hoping things are at least half steam.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

We were to have been at WDW in late April for our 40th anniversary. That didn't go so well, although we got/will get all of our money back. We have another trip scheduled in late September for Key West and WDW. At this point we have made flight, resort and dining reservations, although I think it's reasonable to assume something will go awry with some of the dining plans (such as Biergarten and Boma).
I am watching our flight(s) to EYW closely as American has cancelled a portion of our itinerary through mid July. I'm assuming it has to do with low passenger numbers, but when I called American to ask some what-ifs I got the run-around (corporate bs). My fear is they will try to change my 8 hour September flight(s) into a 23 hour nightmare at the last minute resulting in our getting bounced all over the eastern US before getting to Key West.
The Disney portion of the trip (aside from what it may actually look like) is easier for me to deal with. We are currently booked for OKW and are AP holders (through late September), so we have that going for us, but as so many others I imagine, we don't know if that gets us into the "mythical" first 25 or whatever % who get to go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom