What’s Your Favorite Fun Park After Disney ❓

Raineman

TBH, WDW is the only amusement/theme park I've been to in the last 20 years, and that includes the local ones, but here goes. Local: Canada's Wonderland. Florida: Universal & Busch Gardens. Always wanted to go to Cedar Point, which is the other go-to park along with Canada's Wonderland in my area, but have never been.

jloucks

Another vote for Islands of Adventure .

Also agree with another poster that it is better then a couple WDW parks.

ppet

Kings Island
Dolly Wood
cedar point, in that order.
kings island was one of the leaders in the renaissance of coasters in the 70s. They had the first suspended coaster (The Bat), first stand up coaster (King Cobra), first launch style coaster (Flight of Fear) and first wooden coaster with a loop (Son of Beast)

KCheatle

Uni- if I could just get a ticket to the potter worlds at both Uni and IoA, I wouldn’t need anything else. I like ET and minion rides and Jurassic park, but honestly I’d stay all day in the potter lands and be perfectly content.

Mjt5126

Universal

Cedar Point: Was only there once but the depth of coasters was great. I need to get back there

HersheyPark: I’m bias because my wife works for the company but very good park for being independent

Janir

I am from Wisconsin, but I am not a Waterpark person and I really suck at swimming. The Wisconsin Dells is known for its Water Parks. The closest thing to Water I did at the Dells was watching the Tommy Bartlett Show, and doing the original Wisconsin ducks tour.

Wisconsin Dells was one of the big Vacation spots inside Wisconsin I went to growing up.

I had fun at the Wisconsin Dells, but I did not do the Waterpark part of it. When I did the Wisconsin Dells growing up, I did House on the Rock, Ridley's believe it or not, Tommy Bartlett Show, minature Golf courses, the Original Wisconsin Ducks tours, the railroad museum. and shopping.
Ditto here. Also WI but not a water park person. Only did the original Wisconsin Ducks tour growing up. Visited some resort out there once with my wife when we were dating and staying with her mom. Couldn't even tell you were we stayed except it was in the Dells. and they had a Hot tub.

As for Fav outside of Disney, Woudl have to be both Orlando Universal parks. But I'm fairly limited as to my parks experiences outside of WDW and Uni.

winstongator

Islands of Adventure which I actually place above Epcot, DHS, and Animal Kingdom. It's an extremely high quality park and is the closest in quality to Disney here in the states especially once Hagrid's opens.
View attachment 374853
I went with a friend in 2000 or 2001. I loved it. I still have our shot from the hulk. It was over 10 years before I got back to a theme park. I went to universal in the early 90’s and loved those trips too. Only non wdw parks I’ve been to are universal Orlando and Rye Playland, and a couple trips to Six Flags, mostly when it was water park only.

Walt Disney1955

With me it is Universal in between Disney days. I always combine them when we are down there. I'll "scold" friends of ours when they go to Disney multiple trips but never venture over to Universal to try it out. Islands of Adventure would fit somewhere in the middle of the WDW list for me. Maybe after MK and Epcot perhaps?

But if we are talking things like once you go home what is your go to park to get a bit of a fix? The ones close to me I guess. Cedar Point, Canada's Wonderland and Darien Lake come to mind. No, the theming isn't the same but don't ever underestimate the beauty of Cedar Point, a different kind of beauty.

Disneyhead'71

My list of my favorite parks in order.

Universal Orlando Resort
Disneyland Resort
Walt Disney World
Dollywood
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Cedar Point
Kennywood
Knott's Berry Farm,
Busch Gardens Tampa
King's Island
King's Dominion
Carowinds

Walt Disney1955

My list of my favorite parks in order.

Universal Orlando Resort
Disneyland Resort
Walt Disney World
Dollywood
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Cedar Point
Kennywood
Knott's Berry Farm,
Busch Gardens Tampa
King's Island
King's Dominion
Carowinds

Nice..................Universal tops the list huh? No love for Universal Hollywood or just haven't been yet (Orlando beats it in my book). I love the Kennywood nod too. I went once, nice old-fashioned sort of park but we went on a Saturday in August and the lines were atrociously long, even for things like the Garfield ride. If we go back I would be sure to pick a weekday.

Disneyhead'71

Nice..................Universal tops the list huh? No love for Universal Hollywood or just haven't been yet (Orlando beats it in my book). I love the Kennywood nod too. I went once, nice old-fashioned sort of park but we went on a Saturday in August and the lines were atrociously long, even for things like the Garfield ride. If we go back I would be sure to pick a weekday.
I just find the UOR experience to be more mature, exciting, and just an overall more enjoyable theme park experience than the Disney parks. I'm not much into M&Gs and the crowds at the Disney parks I find to be close to miserable.

I have only been to USH once, and that was back in 2000 when they were building The Mummy coaster. At that time I liked the park, but the highlight was the tram tour and the park felt more like a movie studio tour than a theme park.

DisneyAndADoleWhip

I grew up going to King's Island, so it's not super special. Once we got into Disney, there was no going back. I've been since, and tried Cedar Point many times, but both are much more exhausting than Disney.
I do love Silver Dollar City, I think it's the closest you can get to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom