What’s the maximum number of tickets they sell to a night of MVMCP?

mbroschak

Original Poster
I’ve always wondered when it’s “sold out”, how many tickets have they sold? Have they slowly increased it over the years?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From what I have been told, they sell to the capacity of the parade route. Depending on who's information you go by, that is somewhere between 20k and 30k.

Take that with a grain of salt as it is like 7th hand information that I am sure has changed even if it was once correct.

thomas998

I’ve always wondered when it’s “sold out”, how many tickets have they sold? Have they slowly increased it over the years?
I don't think they release that information... But I have noticed that when we went to nights that were sold out about 10 years ago that the lines and crowds seemed much lower than when we went last year on a night that wasn't sold out. I think they have been slowly ratcheting up the number of tickets sold over the years. Probably makes sense from their perspective because if people are willing to pay for it even when its crowded why not make as much money as they can. Of course me makes it harder and harder to justify doing it when the ability to walk on a ride and then reride it as quickly as you can run back to the entrance, that we were able to do 10 years ago on POTC, this past year you had a line everytime we went by it.

CaptainAmerica

I don't think they release that information... But I have noticed that when we went to nights that were sold out about 10 years ago that the lines and crowds seemed much lower than when we went last year on a night that wasn't sold out. I think they have been slowly ratcheting up the number of tickets sold over the years. Probably makes sense from their perspective because if people are willing to pay for it even when its crowded why not make as much money as they can. Of course me makes it harder and harder to justify doing it when the ability to walk on a ride and then reride it as quickly as you can run back to the entrance, that we were able to do 10 years ago on POTC, this past year you had a line everytime we went by it.
Do they market the parties as "lower crowds, ride the rides with minimal wait"? I didn't think so. I thought the whole selling point was the ability to experience the party-specific entertainment, characters, etc.

wdwfan22

Do they market the parties as "lower crowds, ride the rides with minimal wait"? I didn't think so. I thought the whole selling point was the ability to experience the party-specific entertainment, characters, etc.

NO but they do market them as being able to experience all the special entertainment. And based on this year alone that's becoming more difficult to do because of crowds.

CaptainAmerica

NO but they do market them as being able to experience all the special entertainment. And based on this year alone that's becoming more difficult to do because of crowds.
Which is so bizarre at those prices. A family of four could extend their vacation by a night with another full day in the parks for the price they pay for these parties.

drizgirl

Don't they say it has "limited attendance"? Of course, it could be "limited" to 100K, but the implication of a statement like that is that it's lower than normal.

winstongator

Which is so bizarre at those prices. A family of four could extend their vacation by a night with another full day in the parks for the price they pay for these parties.
A friend said that this is their favorite thing to do at WDW, and their favorite time of year to be at the parks. They are big-time Halloween costumers. We've gone a ton, but never done either that or MVMCP. It's around 20% of our AP cost.

thomas998

Years ago when we first started going they did market them as having lower crowds. I don't think I've had any CM tell me they were lower crowds in recent years and if they had I would have laughed. But at one point that was a big part of the selling point of special ticket events like Halloween, Christmas, or Pirates and Princesses Party, and the all used to be very low crowd even when sold out they weren't terribly crowded. Because of the lower crowds we would always do multiple nights for the events when we were there because the lack of ride lines made it a great deal.

thomas998

Don't they say it has "limited attendance"? Of course, it could be "limited" to 100K, but the implication of a statement like that is that it's lower than normal.
Long ago one of the CMs mentioned that they only sold 25,000 tickets for the Halloween parties for any given night... That about 10 years go. I really think they sell more than that now, but I've never heard of any recent number. Frankly I'm not even sure the CM knew what they were talking about, they could have been making stuff up. I think the 100,000 is what I've heard was the maximum capacity of the MK.

drizgirl

Long ago one of the CMs mentioned that they only sold 25,000 tickets for the Halloween parties for any given night... That about 10 years go. I really think they sell more than that now, but I've never heard of any recent number. Frankly I'm not even sure the CM knew what they were talking about, they could have been making stuff up. I think the 100,000 is what I've heard was the maximum capacity of the MK.
I'm sure it's more by now.

CaptainAmerica

Years ago when we first started going they did market them as having lower crowds. I don't think I've had any CM tell me they were lower crowds in recent years and if they had I would have laughed. But at one point that was a big part of the selling point of special ticket events like Halloween, Christmas, or Pirates and Princesses Party, and the all used to be very low crowd even when sold out they weren't terribly crowded. Because of the lower crowds we would always do multiple nights for the events when we were there because the lack of ride lines made it a great deal.
Do you have trouble getting to all of the rides in a normal trip? We've never had a problem doing every single ride and show, even with small children (meaning naps, rider swap, and early bed time).

thomas998

Do you have trouble getting to all of the rides in a normal trip? We've never had a problem doing every single ride and show, even with small children (meaning naps, rider swap, and early bed time).
Are trips are generally from 4 days to a week at Disney, so hitting all the rides is not a problem... But when they had low crowd special ticket events you could hit a lot more in one event than you could in a full day when it was crowded. We liked the low crowd events because we hate standing in line for an hour or more for a 2 minute ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom