• Revenge of the Mummy

• Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

• Slinky Dog Dash

• Space Mountain

Results are only viewable after voting.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
This poll is asking you to select what you feel is the best themed coaster. NOT your favorite coaster, or the best coaster, or the most thrilling coaster. Please consider everything from the queue to the ride vehicles to the actual track and surroundings themselves.

Personally, I went with an oldie but a goodie - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I just feel like every inch of it is wonderfully themed, and it looks spectacular even from afar. Anyway, just my $.02.

What say you?!

Roger_the_pianist

I think the concept of a *mine train* is overdone. Big Thunder, Seven Dwarves (does the movie really have a train? I thought it just had carts with a deer pulling. Maybe the Dwarves collected royalties and installed a train?) Expedition Everest gives me mine train vibes. Lots of theme parks have their own version (many existed before Big Thunder)

Dollywood has an interesting take on this: Tennessee Tornado is a mine train twisted up by a tornado and Mystery Mine is a haunted mine that is quite immersive.

ppete1975

somebody put velocicoaster, because i havent ridden it and basing my opinion on ride videos, is it more immersive than it looks? The queue looks amazing but he ride itself i was expecting alot more.

Kirby86

I gotta throw my hat in the ring for Expedtion Everest. Going through the queue with the museum of the Yeti seeing Josh Gates cameo in the exhibit (I like Expedtion Unknown). The ride itself is themed well. I like the fact the Yeti story wise is stalking you. As a coaster its not the most thrilling one I've been on but it gets the job done.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
somebody put velocicoaster, because i havent ridden it and basing my opinion on ride videos, is it more immersive than it looks? The queue looks amazing but he ride itself i was expecting alot more.
I’ve ridden it. It is tremendously fast and a ton of fun. That said, in my opinion, the theming leaves a lot to be desired, particularly when comparing it to a lot of other coasters in this poll.

Kirby86

Now I like the Hulk (full disclosure I haven't ridden it with the new storyline) had a cool queue area and the launch was cool with Bruce Banner thinking he cured the hulk in the tunnel. However after that it was just a normal B&M coaster a good one but just a normal coaster.

ppete1975

I’ve ridden it. It is tremendously fast and a ton of fun. That said, in my opinion, the theming leaves a lot to be desired, particularly when comparing it to a lot of other coasters in this poll.
thats kind of what i thought from seeing the povs, i really thought they were going to do more scenes and stuff when they were building it (i know youre going really fast, but it could be done)

erasure fan1

EE but if snow white was twice as long and with some tweaks, it could have given it competition
I'm with you on this. Everest is awesome from a theming standpoint. From the queue, through the end of the ride. Now if 7D had a second indoor section like the mine lift hill, I might have voted for it. As it is, it's very well done but just loses out with it's scope. Everest, even with a static yeti, is just on a different level than the other coasters from a theme standpoint.

ppete1975

I'm with you on this. Everest is awesome from a theming standpoint. From the queue, through the end of the ride. Now if 7D had a second indoor section like the mine lift hill, I might have voted for it. As it is, it's very well done but just loses out with it's scope. Everest, even with a static yeti, is just on a different level than the other coasters from a theme standpoint.
Its rare at my old cynical age (46) to expect a fun ride (im a big yeti bigfoot person), and have high expectations but to get off of a ride STUNNED. I went in never watching ride video and expecting a normal disney attraction (BTM is probably what i expected). But from the outdoor portions which i find beautiful, the amazing queue that tells a great story and builds suspense, the well themed ride vehicles, and the choice of track design.. (i never expected the backwards portion)...... i came off giggling like a kid, speechless, stunned and rode it 5 more times (early morning single rider line and fast passes) and had the same response each time.

cookiee_munster

I think when you go all out to hide the track and supports to stop making a rollercoaster look like a rollercoaster that's when you know you have an amazingly themed attraction. Disney really take this on board (a few exceptions with more of the kiddie coasters)

The Hagrid ride... why on earth that wasn't made as an enclosed dark ride/coaster i'll never know! it would have worked so much better story and theme wise. but its just a big ugly brown track racing around a smattering of nicely themed elements.

So my winner would either be Everest or Big Thunder (in Paris)

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I didn’t vote for it myself, but looking at the responses thus far, I have to admit that I’m a bit surprised that SDMT has not gotten more votes. I honestly thought it would be among the leaders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom