What’s the best and worst ride in WDW?

bUU

The ones that seem out of place to me are:
  • Carousel of Progress (way too low on the list)
  • Living with the Land (too low on the list)
  • Tomorrowland Speedway (too high on the list)
  • Turtle Talk (too low on the list)
  • Dumbo (too high on the list)
  • Mad Tea Party (way too high on the list)
  • It's a Small World (way too high on the list)

eliza61nyc

Wow they ranked Journey into imagination poorly. whew from reading here I would have thought it was the greatest ride ever.
lol, I totally agree with the carousel of Progress ride though, we use it and the hall of presidents as a "get out of the heat/nap time" vessel.
Astro orbiter is so darn small and cramped. hard to enjoy it.

If I had one that I disagreed with it's "living with the land" and "muppet 3 D". I love the Muppets so I hope it's in line for a rehab.
I also adore people mover. Didn't agree with it's number one pick but can understand how they got there.

Last edited:

graphite1326

Best? Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror

Worst? Chester and Hester over at Animal Kingdom. A basic off the shelf coaster, which isn't themed particularly well. The whole area (with exception to Dinosaur) should be flattened and something else added.
I agree with the Chester and Hester comment. I never new the back story until last year. Still they could have done better.

Nottamus

I totally agree with the weakness of the DinoLand concept Disney created. I mean...its a carnival type thing..how that ties into dinosaurs, i don't understand.

That whole area could go....keep Dinosaur, and make more realistic rides and visuals..

I mean, maybe that area is someones favorite area....but I've never heard anyone say it is to me...

Jonathan Dalecki

I totally agree with the weakness of the DinoLand concept Disney created. I mean...its a carnival type thing..how that ties into dinosaurs, i don't understand.

That whole area could go....keep Dinosaur, and make more realistic rides and visuals..

I mean, maybe that area is someones favorite area....but I've never heard anyone say it is to me...

Well, I was a CP in DinoLand (Restaurantosaurus Spring 2001 in the house lol!) so it'll always have a soft spot in my heart for it :)

Heppenheimer

Am I the only one in the world who liked Stitch's Great Escape? Of the two other attractions that have occupied that space, I thought this was the best iteration.

Monsters Inc Laugh Flood seems too high on the list.

Other than that, I agree with most of the general placements, if not the absolute order. The Tiki Room would be much higher on my list, but that's only because of my own personal nostalgia.

Last edited:

Nottamus

Well, I was a CP in DinoLand (Restaurantosaurus Spring 2001 in the house lol!) so it'll always have a soft spot in my heart for it :)

Dinosaur is in my top 10 rides at WDW. I like that whole side...Restaurantosaurus included...for quick service.

I've just never been a fan of the carnival side....like i said...i'm sure some one has fun there, its always crowded. Just not for me.

Jonathan Dalecki

Dinosaur is in my top 10 rides at WDW. I like that whole side...Restaurantosaurus included...for quick service.

I've just never been a fan of the carnival side....like i said...i'm sure some one has fun there, its always crowded. Just not for me.

I agree that the Chester & Hester add-on feels a little dated, and the rides there could definitely be scrapped and replaced with something better. And, I suppose, if I'm being honest, they should probably completely re-theme Dinoland. For better or worse, Universal has the attractions most associated with dinosaurs. Redo Dinoland as South America (to go with Asia and Africa) replace Dinosaur, the ride, with something based on Indiana Jones, and give the whole area a new look.

danheaton

Here are my reactions to it:

Way Too Low
- Carousel of Progress should be a lot higher. I'm not saying Top 10, but at least in the middle.
- Same deal with The Railroad - #48 is just painful to see.
- Living with the Land is one of the top 3 attractions at Epcot, possibly the best. 42 is sad.
- There's a real bias against older attractions here. People Mover at 30 is also too low.

Too High
- Winnie the Pooh is a bottom 10-15 attraction. #28 is way too high.
- Sure spinning is fun, but Tea Cups at 20? Oh boy.
- Laugh Floor at #17? I don't understand this at all.
- I like Toy Story Mania, but #6 over sells that we're sitting in front of screens.
- Soarin' Around the World is not #4 - that was okay for the original, though.

Random Notes
- Putting Spaceship Earth at 22 is bad enough, but calling out the descent as "delightful" is ridiculous.
- They call Living with the Land "deeply laborious" for kids. My girls both had a great time with it.
- The Tomorrowland Speedway picture is definitely not Walt Disney World's version.

deeevo

Best: Pirates - my favorite since my first trip to MK and Worst: Buzz - dirty and it replaced one of my favorites of all time If You Had Wings. This is just my opinion and nothing scientific about it just emotional.

willtravel

Sometimes I wonder what age bracket of the people/person of these articles are written by? A little generational in taste sometimes. And I also think it really comes down to taste. I am not into roller coasters at WDW. I can go to Kings Island or Cedar Point for that. But that is just me.

Best- SSE

Worse-Frozen

CLEtoWDW

Best- Splash Mountain
Worst - Country Bear Jamboree. I know some label as a “classic” but I think in order to be a classic it needs to be enjoyable.

LUVofDIS

Wow they ranked Journey into imagination poorly. whew from reading here I would have thought it was the greatest ride ever.

I think most people rank the original version of Journey high, not the current one. The original was a much better experience.

I always wonder about these lists, did the author ever ride any of these and if so, how long ago.

Attractions are like art, you have those "experts" who try to tell you what good art is, but when it comes down to it, you like it or you don't.

We have been going to WDW since 94 and I never rode the speedway because a relative who was a WDW "expert", yes, I have used quotes twice in this post, told us it was lame and not worth riding. We finally did it in 2018 and we enjoyed it. I wouldn't wait more than ten minutes for it but it was fun. Of course, that could have been because we made it fun and had the CM laughing before we even started riding and my wife blew by our stop at the end and the CM let us go again.

So when people ask me what to ride I always tell them to ride the classics but also encourage them to try other rides that many may find dull or boring because you just never know.

Except to all of you who think the Tea Cups are rated to high, I think you may just be jealous because you can get you spin on and match the RPM's of a true master like myself. If you could you would quickly realize just how superb this ride is.

FettFan

The attached article is an interesting read. It ranks all 55 WDW rides from worst to best. Do you agree?

They seriously ranked the WDW Railroad lower than the TriceraTop Spin?
giphy.gif

wdwfan4ver

That Site said Journey in Imagination with Figment. The original ride was called Journey Into Imagination.

Journey in Imagination with Figment is the third version of the ride. People on WDW Magic including myself liked the first version of the ride, not the 3rd. There is a huge differences between the first and third versions of the ride.
Journey into Imagination was much bigger, had dreamfinder, and figment was much different also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom